Skin Deco

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Review: HerCut Haircare

We've been schooled to choose haircare products based on our hair type and the problems that we'd like to tackle. Who would've thought of haircare designed for your haircut? Creator, Bob Salem, did and he has Kyan Douglas as the brand ambassador for HerCut -- Haircare for your Haircut.

Lucky Grace got to meet Kyan in person (who is apparently very good looking!) as he introduced this revolutionary haircare system.

Read on to learn more about HerCut and how the products perform.

"HerCut redefines hair care by working with the form, shape, and movement of your own personal hairstyle. Why? For your hair to perform at its very best, each strand needs to be supported with shampoos, conditioners, and styling aids that work with the natural behavior of your hairstyle. Accordingly, HerCut created products based on the five basic cuts (like the bob, long layers, etc.). Every formula utilizes cut-specific polymers—combined with controlled positive, negative, and neutral charges—to deliver the specific, optimal styling benefits each cut needs to look its best. Shag haircuts will have the separation, depth, and dimension they deserve, while long-layered looks will move effortlessly in all the right places. It's new technology in hair care. Where will it take your next haircut?" -- HerCut

Normal to Oily Shampoo

Scent: Honeydew with a light scent of citrus.

Viscosity: It’s really thin.

Thoughts: A little goes a long way! A half teaspoon amount is sufficient for my whole head. The picture shows approximately how much I use each time. It looks like a lot but the consistency is so thin that it spreads out. It lathers really well with such a small amount. What I love about this shampoo is that is washes out all my hair products in one go. I used to wash my hair twice in the shower because washing it once does not get all my hair products out. On top of its superb cleaning abilities, it does not strip my hair of its natural oils. I tried not using conditioner after shampooing and my hair was really soft. Which means using a conditioner after this shampoo is not a must.


Medium Conditioner

Scent: Honeydew with a light scent of citrus.

Viscosity: It’s rather thin for a conditioner. Its consistency is like lotion.

Thoughts: When I started using this conditioner I used about a 5cm (2inches) in diameter amount. That’s quite a lot. After about a week I decided to cut down on the amount I was using. So I went from a 5cm amount to a 3cm amount. I found that it didn’t matter if I used a little or a lot because I got the same great results. I loved that it was easy to wash off and that it left my hair super soft and tangle free.

Would I repurchase this? YES! The retail price of $22 may scare some people off at first but trust me it’s worth it. I’ve been using the shampoo and conditioner for about 2 months now and I still have two-thirds of it left. So one bottle of each will last me about half a year!

Long Layers Catalyst

Scent: light scent of sunflowers

Thoughts: It’s recommended to use 2-3 pumps with towel dried hair. I use one pump and that’s good enough for my whole head. When you pump it out there’s a white cream on one side and a gel on the other side. You have to mix the cream and the gel together. I liked that it was a nonsticky formula and when applied to my hair it didn’t leave a residue. However, my hair looked the same after applying the product. I use it every day just because it’s really light weight and it prevents my hair from getting out of shape. My short layers tend to stick up a few hours after washing my hair and this product seems to do an ok job in keeping my layers in place throughout the day.

Would I repurchase? No. I really wanted to like this product but I feel that gel works so much better than this product. Priced at $28 I feel that this product isn’t worth trying.

HerCut products can be purchased from Sephora.

These products are paraben free!

"You is nekkid!" :p

3 comments:

Grace Chan said...

=X yes i was

Connie De Alwis said...

:p
That's certainly a lot of lather for the amount of shampoo you use!

Grace Chan said...

mhm : ) its one great shampoo.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy