Skin Deco

Monday, April 26, 2010

Him-Spired Tutorials: Leonardo DiCaprio

This first reader-requested Him-spired look comes from Sue Lynn who nominated Leonardo DiCaprio. He shot to fame in 1997 for his role in "Titanic" but I remember him the most in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", "Romeo + Juliet", "Catch Me If You Can", and "Blood Diamond". While he was quite a cutie in his younger years, he's not aging gracefully. Fortunately, his acting more than makes up for it.

Inspiration, tutorial and product listing after the jump!

It's obviously not a recent picture but it's uber sexy. Hee hee
Leo is well known to be an environmental activist and actively dating supermodels. Thus, for this look, I wanted to incorporate Leo's love for the environment and supermodels... Green was the color of choice for the eyes and I gave the skin a healthy golden glow. It's a very simple look!


My supermodel pose though I'm lightyears away from being one

Items Used:

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint Pot in Mosscape
I Nuovi Eyeshadow in Envy
NYX Eyeshadow in Copper (from Trio)
I Nuovi Eyeshadow in Techno
I Nuovi Eyeshadow in Spotlight
I Nuovi Linerpac Eyeliner in Jet Black
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
I Nuovi BrowCake in Oak

Face:
I Nuovi Illumina Makeup Base in Divine
Skinfood Salmon Concealer in #2
Revlon Spa Concealer in Medium
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus

Cheeks:
Everyday Minerals Blush in All Smiles
Everyday Minerals Blush in Waffle Cone

Lips:
I Nuovi Megalips Velvetshine Lipgloss in Barely French

I've just reformatted my computer so I've not installed a video editing software. Will upload the vid tutorial soon!

Apply a golden illuminizer all over the face as a base. Pay more attention to highlighted areas such as the cheeks, forehead and chin to bring your features out.

Apply a peach/salmon concealer to correct dark eye circles and conceal with a skin-colored concealer. Don't go too heavy with the concealer if your foundation is going to be light or the texture may look obviously different from the rest of your face.

Buff on mineral powder foundation. The light reflecting particles in the illuminating base applied earlier would have helped to camouflage minor imperfections so a heavy foundation wouldn't be necessary.

With your finger, apply an olive green cream eyeshadow over lid prepped with eyeshadow primer. It'll act as a base to help the glitter eyeshadow show up and stick better. Apply a medium green glitter eyeshadow over the cream base with a flat eyeshadow brush (Stila #30) using patting motions.

Take a fluffy crease brush (Stila #30) and apply a burnt orange/copper color into the crease and blend it over where the green shadow stops. Using a small contour brush, apply a golden brown eyeshadow along the lower lash line.

Apply a frost off-white eyeshadow on the brow bone as highlight using a large eyeshadow brush. Blend over the highlight with the fluffy crease brush.

Apply a black liquid/gel liner of choice thinly and create a small wing. Get some green glitter eyeshadow and go over the liner. Fill in your brows lightly but neatly. Finally, curl your lashes and apply mascara.

You may wanna use some tape to remove glitter fall outs

Apply a warm peach blush following the contour of your cheek, using a small duo fiber brush (188 dupe by Silk Naturals)

Highlight the cheekbones with a glow powder (Waffle Cone) and blend excess into the blush

Apply a shiny nude lipgloss

Hope you liked this look! Can you guess which nominated guy is next?

17 comments:

Slowbrogal said...

Connie!! I love ur lips...Muacks :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Lol! Muacks back at ya ;) Well, the lipgloss is pretty damn gorgeous so credit goes to it

Dina (XYYan) said...

Very great tutorial :) Love the first pic!

Connie De Alwis said...

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)

Sue Lynn said...

OMG Leo! *Be still, my heart, be still*

And you've incorporated GREEN into your look! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

LOL - still no winner yet? :P

Sue Lynn said...

BTW, I think he's uber sexy in those Tag Hauer ad pics LMAO

Grace Chan said...

EVERY LOOK YOU DO LOOKS GORGEOUS! LOL
I love how your brows are so defined. : )

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue Lynn: LOL! I figured you'd like the green :) Hotness in Tag Heuer ads, I can agree. The winners get announced when the tutorial goes up so you're the first winner. I've already picked the other winners and have completed the tutorials so they'll be revealed soon

Grace Chan: You're too sweet. Thanks! :D I like my brows in this look too. Just one of those good brow days

Sue Lynn said...

OMGosh! Thank you!

I didn't know that by choosing Leo meant that I WON! YAY! *I merely assumed that we <3 him and he was HIM-spired worthy :P*

Hope you received my message seeking your approval on how I set-up my Stash Sale following your style. VERY organised.

lyn said...

That is such a pretty look! That pop of green is absolutely beautiful :-)

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue Lynn: Welcome! Lol, you don't need my approval ;) Good luck with your sale!

Lyn: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :D

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

girl, i really enjoy reading this post. that green eye shadow is fabulous! you made me want to try something similar right away! and i think the highlight in your hair is very nice too. very you.

Fintia said...

gave you an award!
http://fallingformakeup.blogspot.com/2010/04/awards-time.html

Jen said...

looks really simple! ok la i shall try it!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jojoba: Glad you did! Do try! I'd love to see this look on other features :)

Fintia: Thank you :D

Jen: Please do and e-mail me the pics (if you want to). Would love to see your re-make of it the look

eve910 said...

been deprived of ur blog for nearly a week cause a certain Asian country doesn't permit access to blog websites...lol..what's the diff btw blogspot n wordpress anyway? :P greatt look i've always wanted to find a way to combine greens and browns, hopefully i can recreate something similar with the colours i have! thanks Connie! i love your photo tutorials!

Connie De Alwis said...

eve: really? I've only encountered that with videos but never sites! I'm glad you finally managed to access it. Wordpress is a different host.
Hope the look works out for you! It's quite simple so it should be easy to pull off :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy