Before I go on to tell you about my rather eventful weekend, here are some great posts from March:
- Jenn from Lipglosseater shows the progress of her new home and dazzled us with swatches from the MAC Spring Colour Forecast Collection
- The Steam Cream is definitely heavenly and not just hype, says Beetrice of Beetricesreviews
- ParisB of MyWomenStuff rebuts, explaining why she likes some local drugstore eyeshadows
- Not only does Syen of So Loverly have a blush addiction, her body moisturizers are catching up too!
- After reading Nikki's (Askmewhats) review on the SkinFood Dark Circle Salmon Concealer, I was very tempted to get one for myself
- Extracted from her experience with celebrities and make-up artists, Yani of Red Lucious Lips shares ten of her favorite beauty tips
Image Source: Malaysiabest.net
I felt very much like that steamed herbal chicken in the picture above when I had my first body slimming treatment experience at Bizzy Body in Mid Valley Boulevard.
First they rubbed ginseng oil all over my body, wrapped me very tightly in several layers of cling wrap, chucked me into an infrared sauna blanket, allowed me to steam for 30 minutes to get my juices going and finally, cut me out from the wrapper, ready to serve. After that they strapped me down to the bed and electrified me for another half hour.
Why do people pay 600 bucks (I got a voucher for free treatment) to torture themselves? Seriously, I'd rather exercise. Don't get me wrong, I was rather pleased with the staff. The therapist even showed me a few massaging techniques that I can do at home to help tone my arms and thighs.
Because I had some extra moolah, I treated myself to a "membership". If I was predictable, it would have been a spa or gym membership but since I'm not and I've been desperate to get an even tan, I signed up for an indoor tanning membership at Fabulous Tan in Mid Valley. The consultant was hot (gorgeous tan!) and very helpful -- perhaps I am gullible after all.
I only had my first session on Friday so it'll take a few more sessions before I can fully blog about my experience.
Meanwhile, if you're considering to sign up for a package at Fabulous Tan (FB Page), I'd really appreciate it if you gave them my membership number (M600852) upon registration. I'll be honest -- there's a referral program :) Oh, and do e-mail me if you did. Thanks!
Mom treated me to a manicure and pedicure, which I was long overdue for. If I had known, I wouldn't have cut my own nails just two days before. Apparently, I can't even get that right (see ring finger). The manicurist chose Siberian Nights by OPI for me -- such a gorgeous deep purple!