Skin Deco

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reviews: Sue Devitt Marine Skin Care and Make Up

Believing that vitamin-rich ingredients derived from the sea are highly beneficial to the skin, Sue Devitt incorporates marine ingredients discovered from her travels into the products that she formulates. This includes color cosmetics that are caring for your skin as you wear them.

Products featured in this post:
  • Microquatic™ Oxygen Infusion Masque
  • Triple C-Weed Whipped Foundation
  • Lip Enhancing Gloss
Read on for review and swatches by Skin Deco's US Correspondent, Grace Chan.

Microquatic™ Oxygen Infusion Masque

Color, Texture & Scent:

When first exposed to air the mask has an aqua color and has little shimmers in it. It has a gel like consistency and is easy to spread on your face. It foams up when you start to massage it. As for scent, it has a nice clean smell like subtle scent of laundry detergent. That’s probably not the best way to describe the scent, but it’s a rather nice scent.

Usage:

I have been using this mask 4 times a week for about a month now. I tend to use 3-4 pumps each time I use it just because the recommended 2 pumps did not seem to make a difference. I keep the mask on for 5-7 minutes.

Product:

When the mask was first applied I got a nice cooling sensation for about a minute. According to the Sue Devitt site “The masque imparts a cooling sensation that indicates the delivery of oxygen benefits, and the removal of pollutants and impurities from the skin.” Honestly, when the mask was washed off I didn’t see much of a difference. It felt like I just washed my face with a regular cleanser. The redness of my face did decrease a little, but it came back within half an hour. It doesn’t really have long lasting effects.

Price:

Retails for $40 at SueDevittBeauty.com


Triple C-Weed Whipped Foundation

Color, Texture & Scent:

I got this foundation in Nullarbor Plain. It matches me quite well (I’m a NC30-35 in MAC). The texture of this foundation is amazing. I LOVE the texture. It’s so smooth and creamy. However, the major downfall to this product is the smell. The scent of the product is extremely strong and isn’t exactly pleasant. It has such a weird smell that I can’t describe. My friend who was standing next to me noticed the odd smell and she was about 50cm away from me.

Usage:

I have been using this foundation 3-4 times a week for about a month now. I use about 2 pea sized amounts each time.

Product:

The foundation is phenomenal. It covers my pores rather well and it doesn’t accentuate dry skin. I have really oily skin. My face typically turns into a grease ball if I don’t blot it during the day. This foundation seems to control my oil rather well and it doesn’t get cakey quickly (6-7hours). The coverage is light to medium for me. It can be full coverage but it tends to cake rather quickly if you apply a lot. It evens out my skin complexion quite well. All in all it’s a great product despite the horrible smell.

Price:

Retails for $40 at SueDevittBeauty.com


Lip Enhancing Gloss

Texture & Scent:

The lip gloss is rather thick but it’s really smooth. It doesn’t have that sticky feeling to it. They had an odd scent bittersweet chocolate.

Trinity Beach : Coral

Coral Sea : Pink

Product:

Both glosses have a minty feel to it that lasts around 5 minutes. The glosses are VERY sheer and appear as a shimmery clear color on my lips. So basically both colors look the same on my lips. The lasting power is not the best. I have to reapply it several times a day.

Price:

Retails for $22 at SueDevittBeauty.com


*The products featured in this post were provided by representatives of Sue Devitt Beauty for review on Skin Deco.



4 comments:

ning * star said...

oh, the lipgloss color is nice, but too bad, non of them seems to work well

Askmewhats said...

I've seen the brand down here but they don't have a lot of stocks and options! and the last I've seen they were on sale and only the shades that doesn't match mine are on sale, i wish they'll bring down more stuffs! :) Thanks for the review Connie!

gio said...

The foundation sounds interesting, too bad it's not available here. Thanks for the review.

Kim said...

good information

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy