Skin Deco

Friday, February 12, 2010

V-Day Makeup Tutorial: "Two Is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift

Just in time, here's the final tutorial for this year's V-Day Makeup Tutorial series.
I really couldn't think of any other look that would suit "Two Is Better Than One" other than the Taylor Swift look done by MakeupByTiffanyD.
Though I initially wanted to make my version as dramatic as hers, I decided to tame it down a few notches to make the look softer and more wearable for daytime dates.



I hope all these tutorials have been helpful and if you do recreate any of the looks, I would LOVE to see your version. Drop me an e-mail! To view all the V-day tutorials, click on the V-Day Makeup Tutorials label.

Read on for more pictures and description of items used


Items Used:

Face:
Monistat Chafing Gel
MAC Select Cover-Up in NC35
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #6
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Benefit Sugarbomb

Lips:
OCC Lip Tar in Hush
MAC Lipglass in Miss Marble


Eyes:
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Grey
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
MAC Eyeshadow in Tete-a-Tint
NYX Eyeshadow in Greyish Brown
Stila Smudge Pot in Grey
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Black
Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder
White Eye Pencil



I got a haircut. I look like a boy



"Two Is Better Than One"
by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift
(music video)

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought
"Hey, you know, this could be something"
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing

So maybe it's true
That I can't live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there's so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two is better than one

I remember every look upon your face
The way you roll your eyes
The way you taste
You make it hard for breathing
'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everything's okay
I'm finally now believing

That maybe it's true
That I can't live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there's so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two is better than one

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought, "Hey,"

Maybe it's true
That I can't live without you
Maybe two is better than one
But there's so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking
I can't live without you
'Cause, baby, two is better than one
But there's so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
But I'll figure it out
When all is said and done
Two is better than one
Two is better than one


26 comments:

Blogger said...

Oh my god... This is really really so beautiful, you look gorgeous!! I like it so much!!! Such a great job!

Askmewhats said...

I love your lip color and your eyes look huge here!!! Happy Vday!

Khymm said...

love the color combinations! pretty..

Anonymous said...

connie, happy V-day
muahhh

Love
nlngstar

p.s I'm not using my personal pc, so i don't wanna log in!

Connie De Alwis said...

Anonymous: You're making me blush! Thank you, dear :) I'm glad you like it

Nikki: Thanks! Not a typical lip color that I'd wear but I though it'd go well with this look :) Happy V-day to you and Keith too!

Khymm: Thank you! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Ning*star: Hehe. Happy v-day to you too :) *muahh!!*

SueLynn76 said...

Youre baaaacccckkk! How's the skin? ^_^ Oh! Funkynew hair cut?!??!?!

Connie De Alwis said...

SueLynn: Yes, I am! Yay! :D Doing a lot better *touches wood*
I don't feel as funky as the haircut though! But I do like it in real life. not so much in pictures

germaine said...

connie! feeling better i think? and u look so fresh here! did u get a hair cut? ur hair seem so short here. a very simply look and i think my boyfriend will love it. thanks! happy CNY and valentine's day :)

theotherworldly said...

Hi Connie,

WOW! The mascara looks amazing! Looks like you struck mascara gold. ;) Your look is so feminine and soft that any haircut works.

Jamilla Camel said...

I love your eyes!

Sue said...

I like your haircut! Not everyone can pull this off! =D Very cute & stylish!! =)

xin said...

love your new cut!!! u dont look like boy at all! happy v day and cny to u :D

Grace Chan said...

oo I LOVE the cut!
& ill try this for valentines day =D of course im not as skilled as you so it'll prob turn out really different.

Lavender said...

This is a super gorgoeus look! Bravo girl!

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

you look gorgeous connie! this really is a pretty and wearable look. your tutorial was very helpful! thanks for visiting my blog btw :) hope you have a happy valentine's day girl <3

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

OH i almost forgot. i hope you were able to find the black charcoal mask at your local Daiso and that it works out for you :D have you had any luck finding the scrublet? let me know if you still can't find them, they sell lots where i live :) xx

gio said...

This is gorgeous! You look so feminine and fresh. And I love that lip color too.

dila said...

hey connie! guess what? i saw someone used a pic of you on ehow, check this out.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5149374_apply-liquid-foundation-quick-easy.html

dila said...

anyways, have you tried etude house eye primer? I've heard that its even better than udpp and tfsi :D and its quite cheap comparing to those other eye primers and the fact that you can get it locally just excites me more! Here's the review i've found:

http://kimoko.livejournal.com/373833.html

<3

Jan said...

Such a nice eye look! (although I don't like the song)
Hahahaha :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Germaine: Much better! Thanks :) Lol, I did mention under a caption of the picture that I got a hair cut. I'm glad you like the look and I hope your bf did too. Happy CNY and Happy V-day to you

Jasmine: You noticed! I so love the Smoky Lash and that's a big deal because it's a WESTERN non-waterproof mascara. Thank you! Though I don't look too feminine without makeup :p

Jamilla: Glad you do. Thanks! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue: hehe. I quite like it on good hair days

xin: Lol. thanks dear. Happy CNY and Happy Vday :)

Grace: Thanks! I'm sure you'll make the look work ;)

Lavender: Thank you! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Anita: I'm glad you found the tutorial helpful :) I haven't been to Daiso yet and as for the scrublet, they're available here but I haven't been looking. I'll get my hands on them someday!

Gio: Thanks! I like that lip color too

Dila: Thanks for letting me know! I'm too lazy to do anything about it. Since she didn't remove the watermark, I'm gonna let it slide this time.
No, I haven't tried the etude house primer. While I've heard that it's good in terms of staying power, I've also heard that it can make the eyeshadow look muddy. I can't confirm it though. Since it's affordable and has had a reliable review, why not just give it a try? then you can let me know how it works out for you :)

Jan: Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

hi! i love you eyemake up tutorial!! can you please recommend an alternative for NYX Eyeshadow in Greyish Brown?.. since NYX is not available in Europe.. any MAC eyeshadow similar to NYX?

Connie De Alwis said...

Anoymous: Thank you! I'd say either Print or Scene from MAC

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy