Skin Deco

Monday, February 1, 2010

V-Day Makeup Tutorial: "Love Song" by 311

I can imagine that most of you are not familiar with this song. "Love Song" was the sountrack for all-time favorite romantic comedy, "50 First Dates". Ringing any bells yet?

This look was inspired by the movie's setting in Hawaii hence the summer colors of gold and teal. Bronzed glowy skin is of course, complementary to the eye makeup. The lips are kept nude.



Read on for more pictures and description of items used...


Items Used:

Face:
Youngblood Mineral Liquid Foundation in Tahitian Sun
Ben Nye Concealer Wheel
OCC Lip Tar in Uber + Foundation (contour)
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder


Eyes:
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin'
NYX Eyeshadow in Irises
NYX Eyeshadow in Golden
MAC Pigment in Blonde's Gold
NYX Eyeshadow in Deep Brown
NYX Eyeshadow in Hot Orange
MAC Glitter in Reflects Transparent Teal
MAC Creme Liner in Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Bourbon
MAC Zoom Lash in Zoom Black
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder


Cheeks:
MAC Mineralize Blush Duo in Hot Planet
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Cheeky Bronze

Lips:
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
Stage Wondergloss in Helen


My biggest regret for this look was not wearing falsies. In the photos my lashes look barely visible although this wasn't the case in real life *sighs*



"Love Song"
by 311
(music video)

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away, I will always love you
However long I stay, I will always love you
Whatever words I say, I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away, I will always love you
However long I stay, I will always love you
Whatever words I say, I will always love you
I will always love you


9 comments:

ning * star said...

beautiful! tropical V-day! woot woot

Grace Chan said...

oo pretty pretty! the blushes you used look really nice on you ;]

xin said...

awww connie u look so cute i feel like kissing u!!! think i need a wondergloss to do the pouty lips!

Askmewhats said...

so pretty, very Hawaiian! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

ning*star: Thanks, babe. I wish I could be at the beach this v-day!

Grace: Thank you! Hot Planet is quite a pigmented blush but it love how it looks. hehe

Xin: Muaks!! Stage Wonderglosses are awesome! some of my favorite lipglosses ever

Nikki: Aw, thanks, sweetie :D

Chloevien said...

Awww... so pretty, NYX Irises looks like Electric Eel somehow, makes your eyes really pop:)

Connie De Alwis said...

Chloevien: Thanks :) Irises and Electric Eel are quite similar. I'll do a side by side comparison when I post up the NYX eyeshadow swatches

gio said...

I love this look, it's so pretty and tropical :)

kay kamal said...

THE FLOWER REAlly add character to it..but wat about The Cure's Love Song? --> ori ver.moth emo goth i guess..hoho

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy