Skin Deco

Thursday, February 4, 2010

V-Day Makeup Tutorial: "Eternal Flame" by The Bangles

"Eternal Flame" is a classic and I'm afraid the Atomic Kittens didn't quite do the song justice.

For this song, I wanted the lid to be really warm with cranberry and copper and I added some teal on the lower lash line to represent a blue flame. Get the connection? The cheeks and lips are kept neutral to balance out the eyes.




One more V-day tutorial to go! Hope you've been enjoying the series so far.
*You'll get video tutorial updates faster on my YouTube channel. Please subscribe!
Read on for more pictures and description of items used


Items Used:

Face:
Stage Opening Stage Primer
Stila Perfecting Foundation Stick in d 05
I Nuovi Undercover Concealer in 4Y
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
elf Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance

Cheeks:
MAC Mineralize Blush in Superdupernatural

Lips:
NYX Round Lipstick in Mars
NYX Round Lipgloss in Cafe Latte


Eyes:
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadow in Stiletto
NYX Eyeshadow in Rust (dupe for MAC Cranberry) and Copper
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Velvet (dupe for MAC Beauty Marked)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
MAC Eyeshadow in Cool Heat
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Black
Ardell False Lashes in Demi #102
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder



"Eternal Flame"
by The Bangles
(music video)

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand?
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming?
Is this burning an eternal flame?

I believe it's meant to be, darling
I watch you when you are sleeping, you belong to me
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame?

Say my name, sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely, and then you come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling

Say my name, sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely, and then you come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling

Close your eyes and give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand?
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame?

Is this burning an eternal flame?

An eternal flame?

(Close your eyes and give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand?
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame?)




10 comments:

ning * star said...

wow... i actually like the combination of both color. it is rock!

Askmewhats said...

awww...this is definitely perfect for valentine's day! you look smokin' Hot!!!!

Fifi said...

Neat!!
I love this!

Jamilla Camel said...

Totally gorgeous look!!

Grace Chan said...

VERY VERY PRETTY!
and your eyebrows look so nice! LOL

Blovet Beauty said...

Hey Connie!! I love ur eyes here! very sparkly and eye catching :) u look pretty as always!

Chloevien said...

You can pull a look with rust eyeshadow without looking 'punched' *envy* Really pretty colors combi:)

gio said...

This is gorgeous! The color combo is so pretty!

Connie De Alwis said...

ning*star: Thanks! This is one of my favorite combo too

Nikki: Aw thanks sweetie :)

Fifi: Thanks! glad you do :D

Jamilla: Thank you! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Grace: Thanks! I was so loving my eyebrows that day :p so full of myself, aren't I?

Blovet Beauty: Thank you! Good to hear from you again :)

Chloevien: It's as close to a red as I can get. Still trying to pull that off without looking punched. hehe. Thanks, babe!

Gio: Thanks! :D

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy