Skin Deco

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tutorial: Neutral Twist -- Chartreuse, Taupe and Purple

I've been missing bright colors. However, I'm at a stage where I feel that too many bright colors in one look can be overwhelming, especially for non-extravagant days.

This is a neutral look with a twist -- the chartreuse lid is contrasting to the neutral taupe but it doesn't dominate the entire look. To sneak in more color, I've used purple on the lower lashline.



Creating this look, I've experimented with several newly-acquired products. Read on to see the items used


Items Used:

Face:
Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse in Beige
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #6
MAC Select Cover-Up in NC35
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
elf Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance

Cheeks:
Benefit Dallas Powder
Benefit Sugarbomb

Lips:
MAC Sliimshine Lipstick in Bare
Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss in Kirk


Eyes:
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
MAC Paint Pot in Pharaoh
MAC Eyeshadow in Pagan
NYX Eyeshadow in Iced Mocha (dupe for MAC Satin Taupe)
Stila Eyeshadow in Champagne
NYX Eyeshadow in Smokie Mountatin
MAC Eyeshadow in Fig. 1
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Gold 91
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Glitter Eye Liner in Oxidate
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Black
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder








10 comments:

Paris B said...

Is it me or are you looking super fair in this one? I like the touch of Chartreuse (very inspiring - I've never tried Chartreuse) and I love how smooth your skin looks!

Connie De Alwis said...

PB: I blame the camera! Chartreuse is a great color and I think it'll look fab on your skin tone. give it a go!
Smooth skin credit goes to Armani foundation :D

Khymm said...

i love the color combination! you're skin is really flawless!

ning * star said...

enjoy your greenie day!
the benefit face blush makes u glow

Askmewhats said...

awww your skin looks glowing here! I love this look!

Jamilla Camel said...

Isn't the Armani LSF the BEST!? Your skin looks flawless! I'm also loving the eye makeup too...love the green!

Connie De Alwis said...

Khymm: Glad you do and thank you! :)

ning*star: I did this look before CNY. Today's color is actually blue! hehe

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: whee! <3 glow. Thanks, dear :)

Jamilla: THE BEST! Thank you :)

gio said...

I love this look! Your skin looks flawless!

Eve Chua said...

love this look on you

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy