Skin Deco

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask

In my childhood years, before he became completely blind, my late grandfather would whip up the most delicious bowl of oatmeal porridge for me. It was cooked the old-fashioned way with milk, honey and maybe just an extra spoonful of love. While I still enjoy oatmeal porridge to this date, it doesn't taste as good as the one grandpa used to make.

When I used The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask for the first time, it took a lot of resistance to hold back my tears. When scrubbed, the oat scent was exactly how grandpa’s porridge smelled like. I’d cup my nose with my fingers so that I can take in more of the scent that I thought I had forgotten.

In hope that I’m not the only silly sap, is there a product that holds great sentimental value to you? I’d love to read your story.

Read on for the review



Deep Cleanse + Polish + Moisturize


A tub of The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask contains a generous amount of chunky gooey goodness. Formulated for normal to dry skin, kaolin clay draws out impurities and restores skin’s natural balance while organic honey moisturizes and conditions. Unlike any other oat-based scrubs I’ve ever tried, the oat bits do no feel abrasive at all as they gently exfoliate without aggravating fragile skin. The oat scent released from the scrubbing is part of the experience and in my case, it’s a big one.


When washed off, skin feels incredibly soft and smooth with added brightness. There really isn’t anything to not like about this mask with the exception of its not-so-deep cleansing attribute, especially if you have badly clogged skin.


After cleansing, apply a thin layer of the mask onto dry skin and leave it on (it doesn’t dry completely) for about 10 minutes. After that, start scrubbing with wet hands. Finally, rinse off the mask and follow with treatments and moisturizer.

Retails for RM59/100ml at The Body Shop outlets and USD$16.50 on the US website

12 comments:

ning * star said...

wow.... i hope it smells better? like honey smell maybe?

Fifi said...

I want to try this! Thanks for sharing, Connie!

Soapaholic said...

First of all that was really touching about you remembering your grandpa with the smell of this mask. Scents really do evoke emotions don't they?

Thanks for reviewing this mask, I want to try it!

Askmewhats said...

i am addicted to masks recently! so this sounds very delicious :D

Grace Chan said...

mm it looks yummy. LOL. :]
id like to give this a try.

Connie De Alwis said...

ning*star: one thing I notice about honey skin care products, they almost never smell like real honey :-/ So I'm actually not into the "artificial" honey scent of this mask but I'm so glad that the oat scent is true to the real thing

Fifi: It's a really good mask. you're welcome! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Soapaholic: I really wasn't expecting it to my tug on my heartstrings at all. A good surprise, I'd say :)

Nikki: you'd have to resist from lapping it up!

Grace: It does, doesn't it? :) A tub should go a really long way so it's pretty good value for money

Jenn said...

I love this one too!! But i'm curious if it stung your face... it did for me!!

Tiger Balm reminds me of my dad... who's probably the biggest fan of that product on the planet!! lol!! He has the biggest jar with him at all times!!

Shilka said...

My senitmental product is the Steam Cream - because it smells of fresh lavender and herbs.. It reminds me of walking into the fields with my mom back in Europe and picking up fresh lavender...

Thx for the review! I have been considering this product :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: Hmm, it didn't sting my face not even when I was having eczema flare-up. Perhaps an ingredient in there is not agreeing with you? :-/

Ah... good ol' Tiger Balm. Reminds me of my lecturer who used to be a marketing researcher for TB yeaaaaars ago. hee hee

Shilka: I can picture the scene and I imagine that it's really beautiful. You must be missing Europe! Glad you found the review helpful :)

rinnah said...

You use this scrub mask even with an eczema flare-up going on? Girl you take the cake!

I don't dare to try a scrub on my face even on good skin days for fear that a new rash will pop up. >.<

Captain Jet said...

Wow you look completely different and more beautiful when you don't wear make up!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy