Skin Deco

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

V-Day Makeup Tutorial: "1, 2, 3, 4" by Plain White T's

Let's kickstart the V-Day Makeup Tutorial series with something simple, shall we?

If you're experiencing déjà vu, you've probably seen me wearing this look in a previous post. I often use this technique as it elongates the eyes, making them appear wider and more prominent. Which Asian girl doesn't want that, right?

Achieving this look is "as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4" steps!



Read on to view more pictures and description of items used


Items Used:

Face:
Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus

Cheeks:
MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Eversun

Lips:
Stage Wondergloss in Penelope

Eyes:
Paul & Joe Eye Gloss in 03 Brown
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Ivy Shimmer Ink
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Spellbound
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil

For this technique you can do whatever color combination that you want. The possibilities are endless!




"1, 2, 3, 4"
by Plain White T's
(music video)

1-2, 1-2-3-4

Give me more loving than I’ve ever had
Make it all better when I’m feeling sad
Tell me that I’m special even when I know I’m not
Make it feel good when I hurt so bad
Barely getting mad
I’m so glad I found you
I love being around you
You make it easy

It's easy as 1-2, 1-2-3-4

There’s only one thing
To do
Three words
For you...
(I love you) I love you
There’s only one way, to say
Those three words
That’s what I’ll do...
(I love you) I love you

Give me more loving from the very start
Piece me back together when I fall apart
Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends
Make it feel good when I hurt so bad
Best that I’ve had
I’m so glad I found you
I love being around you
You make it easy

It’s easy as 1-2, 1-2-3-4

There’s only one thing
To do
Three words
For you...
(I love you) I love you
There’s only one way to say
Those three words
That’s what I’ll do...
(I love you) I love you

(I love you) I love you...

You make it easy
It’s easy as 1 2 1 2 3 4
There’s only one thing
To do
Three words
For you...
(I love you) I love you
There’s only one way to say
Those three words
That’s what I’ll do
(I love you) I love you

(I love you) I love you
1-2-3-4

I love you
(I love you) I love you



9 comments:

Sue said...

I always draw to your contact lenses. >.< hehe. btw, the Ivy shimmer ink is so pretty! nice!!

Askmewhats said...

your hair is gorgeous! and this looks really fresh! You're blooming my friend!

Miss Nadiah said...

Guru, please keep on posting more make up tutorials :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue: hehe, contacts make a huge difference! Ivy Shimmer Ink is one of my favorite eyeliner. gorgeous color and great pigmentation

Nikki: It was unintentional. my hair has a mind of its own. lol! Thanks, sweetie :)

Miss Nadiah: Sure thing! Got many up my sleeves

ning * star said...

aww, this looks is pop!

Connie De Alwis said...

Ning: Lol, thanks :)

Kate said...

Woohoo! I am so excited to see the Valentine tutorials have started! I loved them last year. :-)

Connie De Alwis said...

Kate: The next one will be out later today :)

gio said...

Love the look! It's so pretty and fresh!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy