Skin Deco

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review: Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

Slap your way to bouncy skin!

Hada Labo, a Japanese skin care line, has recently been introduced to the Malaysian market. Although the first time I've ever heard of this brand was from ParisB's post, its bestseller, the Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion, is apparently so popular that a bottle is sold every 4 seconds in Japan!

Since the hydration-boosting benefits and friendly pricetag appealed to me, I picked one up and have been a satisfied user for the past 2 months.

Read on for the review...

First, to clear up any confusion, "lotion" in Asian skin care is the equivalent to "toner" in Western skin care. This means that the product is used after cleansing and before moisturizing. The Super Hyaluronic Acid contained in this product claims to retain twice the amount of moisture compared to regular Hyaluronic Acid. While I'm not too iffy about the science, I can happily announce that the promises for instantly hydrated, soft, supple and silky smooth skin are pretty much spot on.

Simple and fuss-free, the packaging has a nozzle that deposits a controlled amount of product with a lid that shuts tight. As the lotion/toner is watery, about a 50 cents coin size would suffice. My way of applying is to spread the lotion all over on cleansed skin and start patting...

...and patting

...and patting. In the words of ParisB, "It takes forever and a day" so this is not a product you'd wanna use if you're short of time, which is why I only use this at night. One Spongebob Squarepants episode later, the lotion should be fully absorbed. Here's how the product should feel in chronological order: wet > sticky > absorbed/smooth. The sticky stage is when you'll experience the "bounciness". Do watch the short video below and you'll get what I mean!



What happens if you don't pat in the lotion? It will just drip all over and slide off your skin without giving it much of a chance to be absorbed. Despite the slight hassle, I love how this product makes my skin feel thus, I don't intend on giving up on it. At least not until I come across something better though I'm not exactly looking.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Disodium Succinate, Methlyparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate

Retails for RM40.90 (170ml) at major Guardian Pharmacy outlets


24 comments:

ning * star said...

it was been introduced in Taiwan Queens show too
have u tried the hydrating serum?? or any other items from this Hada Labo? I heard the cleanser foam is good....but i have yet to try it yet. I only tried this lotion haha xD

Connie De Alwis said...

I was very tempted to get the serum but hesitated since I couldn't find any review on it and I have quite a number of serums to finish before I should buy a new one. I'm thinking of getting the AHA scrub thingy

shaynaJo said...

yeah.. me too.. i wanted to get it the moment it came to malaysia but waiting for some reviews.. hahah.. thanks for the review.. i cant wait to try it soon after my current toner finishes. =)

Tine said...

I saw this when in M'sia, but since I've already amassed quite a lot of "lotion" (SKII and Kanebo), I gave that one a miss and bought the moisturising milk instead. Will try that one out once my day moisturiser runs out :)

Jenn said...

Thanks for the review!! I tried this at guardian the other day and was horrified at how sticky it was at first. It then dried off and made my hand sooo smooth!! Me likes!!

I'm gonna try this one once i finish my current stuff!! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

shaynaJo: You're welcome. Hope it works for you too :)

Tine: Ooh, I'd love to know if that one works. I'm using the same moisturizer for both day and night now.

Jenn: Welcome! A very peculiar texture but you really must do the patting motions to work the product

theotherworldly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

The sticky part puts me off though.. I don't have so much time to pat them off.. if not I'll be late to work, lol! at night I'm too lazy too.. hahaha xD

Connie De Alwis said...

theotherworldly: Juju is almost double the price of Hada Labo, which discouraged me to try it. Yeah, I love the fact that it doesn't contain alcohol. I hate when hydrating products are filled with alcohol for the "cooling" sensation but dries out the surface of the skin.
I think it should be able to replace a moisturizer for day time if you're also using sunscreen after that. For night time, it may not be enough. They have a moisturizing milk that's rather lightweight too if you'd like a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid.

Sue: Definitely not a product if you don't have time to spend on your regime. hehe

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. Will go get one tonight to try it on... :)
Connie, can i just use the lotion on its own after cleanse without any mosturizer at night.

Connie De Alwis said...

Anonymous: Hope it works for you :) As I've mentioned in the comment above, I wouldn't recommend going without a moisturizer especially at night

Eli said...

Ooooh, thanks for reviewing this. If its moisturing enough for daytime, I am getting this in March!

Connie De Alwis said...

Eli: You coming back in march? This calls for a meet-up!

theotherworldly said...

Hi Connie, thanks for the information! You're right, carrier alcohols can be counterproductive when added into a hydrating formula ... I'll be looking out for the Hada Labo lotion soon. I've been flitting around amongst samples so far to no avail.

Anonymous said...

i just happen to buy one few days ago! relieve to see that someone are using and like it too, cause i haven't even open it yet!

kelly said...

Methlyparaben is cancer-causing. Please also look at the other chemicals in this brand.

Happy Belated Mothers' Day to all mums!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm Malaysia one is made in china whereas the singapore one is made in japan... think i will stick with the singapore one though alittle more price compare to malaysia one. Get the "original" one is better :)

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I love it. A friend order directly from Japan for me. Anyone knows sasa.com one is make in china / japan?

Anonymous said...

Yes, don't buy those made in China as I never, never trust the quality. Always buy the original, the price is not that much different and it's far more superior. It's your face we're talking about!

Diddy

Eisse J said...

Perfect for my dry skin (^^)/ loving this product. For me, it doesn't take that long to absorb. Perhaps that's because I have dry skin. =p Thanks for the review.

Eisse J said...

So far I've purchased n used the moisturizing range as well as the whitening range. I HEART Hada Labo (^^)

Anonymous said...

what if i have an sensitive oily and acne prone skin?
can i use the hada labo as well???

BidadariPatahSayap said...

i had tried it for a month ..and i love it...i had a sensitive oily and acne prone skin..but by using this no breakout and i'm happy with it..i only use tamagohada AHA BHA cleanser and SHA lotion..

Anonymous said...

Hi..

I want to buy hada Labo that made in Japan..
Do you know where i should buy it online with a very competitive price?

Thanks in advance ;)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy