Skin Deco

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Look + Picture Tutorial: Two Down, Two More to Go!

Well, the first paper wasn't quite done and over with... But I must say that I'm pretty pleased with my second paper :D
February's approaching before I can even settle down into 2010. This year's V-day will be colliding with the Lunar New Year -- booooo!! I'm assuming that those who are celebrating CNY will have to postpone their dates? Oh, keep your chin up! If you want to, everyday can be Valentine's. Considering how much restaurants are ripping people off this time of year...

To get you ready for the big date, I have several Valentine looks lined up for you so do look out for the tutorials, coming up right after my exams (which ends next Tuesday). Like last year's set, the looks are linked with their corresponding love songs. Meanwhile you wanna tell me what love song you're hooked on at the moment?

Read on for items used and a picture tutorial on how to recreate this daytime look...

Items Used:

Shu Uemura UV Under Base Fluid in 01 Beige
Anna Sui Moisture Rich Powder Foundation in P04
MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden
MAC Mineralize Blush Duo in Earth to Earth (marbled side only)
L'Oreal De Crease (eyeshadow primer)
Stila Eyeshadow in Wheat (lid)
Make Up Store Microshadow in Viva (crease)
Stila Eyeshadow in Champagne (highlight)
MAC Fluidline in Blue Peep
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Bourbon
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Black
Fasio Lash Style Perfector Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder Kit
Stage Wondergloss Lipgloss in Sophia

On primed lid, apply Wheat (mid-tone shimmery beige) onto the lid. Using a fluffy crease brush, blend Viva (matte tan) into the crease. Then, apply Champagne (pale peachy pink) as highlight under the brow. After that, line the upper lash line thinly with Blue Peep. I opted not to wing the liner but you may do that if you want to. If you're not winging, blend out the edge at the end of the line.

Next, take a shimmery brown eye pencil and line the lower lash line. Smudge out the line with a brush or cotton bud. Tightline the upper waterline with black eye pencil. Finally, curl lashes and apply mascara.

These days I've been filling in my eyebrows with a light colored eye brow powder as opposed to using eyebrow pencil. First, outline the shape then define the arch. Without adding more brow powder, blend the color into the inner section of the brow. Use a cotton bud to adjust the shape and clean up the edges.


And we're done with the eyes!

Apply bronzer to warm up the complexion. I apply it in a C-shape starting from slighty above my temples and down to my cheeks. On the apples, apply a natural shade of blush to add color.

26 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I love how the blue makes your eyes pop!

Connie De Alwis said...

Aw, thanks :) Blue Peep is one of my favorite liners ever!

FatiN said...

The blue liner on neutral background looks great!

ning * star said...

i love ur 1st picture, u are glowing!!!!

Slowbrogal said...

Connie..ur lips look so yummy!!

❤ Ee Von said...

oooh i love that pop of blue!! you look pretty when you smile :)

Chommie said...

love both looks!

Connie De Alwis said...

Fatin: Thanks! Colored liners usually look better with neutral shadows :)

ning*star: Thank you! I took the picture after coming back from lunch so the foundation had some time to settle. It looked kinda powdery initially >.<

Slowbrogal: *muaks* I love Stage Wonderglosses. Super juicy and super glossy!

Ee Von: Hee hee. Thanks. I don't smile often in my makeup pictures cuz my eyes would disappear and you wouldn't be able to see the make up :p

Chommie: Thanks, but both? :-/

Alyssamae. said...

love the blue peer color :)

Hayley said...

Current love song? hmm, 2 is better than 1 from boys like girls and taylor swift! hehe.. not very new though, but so touching... cant wait for your valentine's tutorial!! :D

Jess said...

Very pretty and cute look! I love that vibrant turquoise color you applied along the upper lashline! Also love the nude glossy lips! <3

Jenn said...

Blue Peep is so lovely!!! MAC please oh please repromote this already!!! :D

I'm currently hooked to Jewel's You Were Meant For Me. Ok not currently, but it's been my favourite song for like, forever!! Hehehe!! :D

Paris B said...

I love love that look! Especially that blue liner. I'm going to try this :D

Askmewhats said...

you look gorgeous Connie as usual, your looks never fail! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Alyssamae: I love it too :)

Hayley: Hehe, that song's a favorite of mine too. Love songs should be timeless!

Jess: Thank you! :D This is the kind of makeup that I do very often for school

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: You know, I keep seeing the tester at the MAC store. Maybe they still carry the stock?
That's a very sweet song. Goes way back!

Paris: Try it! Try it! :D Thanks, babe.

Nikki: Aw, you're too sweet, Nikki :) Thank you

xin said...

so niceee the blue liner!!!! i really like how neat your lashes look!

gio said...

This is so pretty. I love the blue liner, it makes your eyes pop. :)

theotherworldly said...

Hi Connie,

My favourite love song is Regina Spektor's Fidelity!

I love the shape of your eyes, they look so mysterious.

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog. Readers might also be interested in another site I found about beauty and dry eyes.

whatistheeye.wordpress.com

Yani said...

Connie, this is such a pretty look - like the blue, love the smile!

Fifi said...

You totally got me inspired. I've never tried colorful liners before. I shall try this!
Oh and I cannot agree more with Ning*star there, you look glowing! I like that first picture of yours :D

CHAIGYARU said...

i loveeee the look!

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: Thanks. It's the mascara :D

Gio: Thank you! *hearts Blue Peep*

theotherworldly: I was having a good eye day ;)

Anonymous: thanks for stopping by

Connie De Alwis said...

Yani: Thank you!

Fifi: try it! you have a defined eye shape so I'm sure colored liners will look fantastic on you :) thanks for the kind words

Chaigyaru: Glad you do! :) Thanks

KittyCat said...

You look really good with the blue eyeliner! Wonder if I dare try it esp as I'm no spring chicken LOL

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy