Skin Deco

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Look + Picture Tutorial: Connie, Shouldn't You be Studying?

*groans* I will! Tonight, promise :)
Yeah... my exam starts in 36 hours and here I am, not really progressing.
The lenses that I'm wearing are called MX-21 Brown from Dueba. I was expecting them to be light-colored but apparently they're not. Still undecided with how I feel about them since I'm so used to my gray lenses. Please don't ask me where to buy these lenses because there are no sellers that I'd recommend at the moment. Try doing a Google search and you should come by a few sellers.

Oh, did you hear that Giorgio Armani Cosmetics will be pulling out from Malaysia? That should happen at around March. I checked with the counter manager of Isetan KLCC's GAC counter and there hasn't been any instructions from management to set hefty discounts like in Stila's case. There are only two counters and they don't carry a lot of stock to begin with so I'm guessing that you can expect a lot of GAC in the next L'Oreal Luxury warehousesale and not so much a closing down sale. It's now or never -- I've just reserved my bottle of Luminous Silk Foundation.

Read on if you'd like to see how I did the eye makeup or nose in on the products that I've used for this look...

Items Used:

Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
MAC Beauty Powder in Sunspill
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
MAC Eyeshadow in Tete-a-Tint (lid), Signed Sealed (wing), Ricepaper (highlight)
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Black
MAC Zoomlash Mascara in Zoomblack
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Sublime Shine

On primed lid, sweep Tete-a-Tint on the lid and blend up to the crease. Apply Ricepaper under the brow and blend downwards. Using a hard angled brush, create a wing shape with Signed, Sealed. Blend out the edges with a small brush and add more color as you go

When you've gotten the shape that you're satisfied with, clean up the outer edge with a cotton bud. Apply Signed, Sealed on the lower lash line as well, joining the line with the upper wing. Highlight the inner corner of the eye with Ricepaper. Darken the roots of the lashes using a black eye pencil

Complete the eye makeup by applying mascara and filling in the eyebrows

25 comments:

❤ Ee Von said...

love it! looks natural yet defined! i think it's good to go dark once in a while after having light contacts all the time. i personally think asians look best with dark eyes so i like it on you! how do you find the zoomlash? :)

Lavender said...

Thanks for another eye makeup tips! Nice lense.

❤ Ee Von said...

oh yeah forgot to mention this, i totally feel you about finding a good contacts seller here in m'sia =/

donnarence said...

very natural and pretty,, i 'll the winged effect sometime.. :D

ning * star said...

wink, i like how u made the wing, is really nice. Cute + cat! haha xD

good luck to u!

Jamilla Camel said...

It's a very pretty look...better hurry and get that Armani foundation before they're gone!

germaine said...

Very nice day look connie! totally wearable for classes... By the way i would like to ask u if geo colour contacts will block ur vision? i mean do the colour part of the contacts move into ur eyes n block it? mine from freshlook does that :-(

Jessying said...

this is natural yet gorgeous :D

Connie De Alwis said...

EeVon: Aw, thanks :) I do appreciate dark eyes on certain occasions but I must admit that I've been accustomed to light eyes! Zoomlash is still in the trial stage. I'm trying not to compare it with an Asian mascara :p
Ah, I've been so pissed off with the seller that I previously purchased from that I refuse to buy from her anymore

Lavender: Thanks! :)

Donnarence: Winging is my favorite style although I usually do it with a gel or liquid liner

Connie De Alwis said...

ning*star: I miss my cat! Thank you :)

Jamilla: Thanks! I'm so excited that I'll have my very own Armani LSF! It's the damn packaging that puts me off every time

Germaine: Yep, not too over the top. I've already answered that question in formspring.me, assuming that the question came from you. Please go on over to my profile (I've added a bigger link right above the query box) to view the answer

Jessying: thanks! :)

su-pah said...

Yo! Shouldn't you be studying? :P

I love this look, it's so glowy, radiant and well, cute! Love your eyes here too!

Hayley said...

You look cute in that Dueba lens.. hehe..
good luck in your exam!

Jenn said...

I love the look!! Very girly and pretty!! I like your new lenses too!! I thought they made you look very demure!! hehehe!! :D

All the best for your exams!! :D

LyNn said...

all the best for your exams connie!
urgh i just started a new semester :(

yeah, like you, i am so tempted to try dueba out
their designs are nicer than geo!
but then its so difficult to find a reliable dueba seller at a reasonable price.
plus dueba takes a loonger time to reach as compared to geo

my geo seller recommended me if i ever wanna get dueba, get them ready stock.
btw i buy my geo from http://www.hearts-fashion.blogspot.com/
very realiable fast and prompt

owh and i recently found a dueba seller with ready stocks
the thing is i just bought a new pair of geo so i cant try them out yet :(
http://glitter-dressing.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Hope I'm not too late! All the best in your exams! :D

Feel sad that GA is pulling out like Stila. Sheesh. :X

xin said...

yr eye makeup loolks really neat! when i use darker colors, all the colors usually stain a little here n there -_-

thy said...

wow! simple and nice

Connie De Alwis said...

su-pah: I did last night, as promised! :D Thanks, dear

Hayley: Hehe, thanks! Saturday's paper is a gone case so I'm working for my other papers

Jenn: Thanks, sweetie :)Demure! That's not a word that's often associated with me :p

Connie De Alwis said...

Lynn: Hey, thanks for the links! :)

Sue: Of course not! Exams only start on Saturday. GAC in Malaysia hasn't been doing so good, unfortunately

Xin: slowly build the color so that it doesn't get everywhere ;)

Thy: thanks :)

Anita (*swtexcape*) said...

i love this look! it's natural but still makes your eyes stand out :) i like the little accent you did there with the wing too!

i love all your looks.. you're very talented girl! xx

gio said...

I love this look. It's simple and nice, but beautiful.

mitch said...

can share what's the model of the grey lens you wore previously? its fab!

Charmaine said...

You look really pretty here~<3 this look =)

Connie De Alwis said...

Anita: Aw, thank you! I appreciate your sweet comments :)

Gio: Thanks! :D

Mitch: It's CM901 :) GEO 3Tone Gray

Charmaine: Thank you! :D

Brigadeiro said...

I know this is an old post, but I was trying to find out if GA cosmetics is still available in Malaysia, as I'm coming for a visit in June/July, and was hoping to buy it cheaper than here in Oz. Have they indeed pulled out of Malaysia? :(

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy