Skin Deco

Monday, December 28, 2009

Part Two: Iced Lilac Holiday Makeup with The Body Shop

I've never touched real snow before...
Excuse to get some ice on my eyes?
Using another palette from The Body Shop Sparkling Winter Trend 2009 Make-Up Collection, here's an Iced Lilac look that's pretty smokey.

In all honesty, I wasn't too pleased with how the look turned out, which is the reason why I've taken so long to get this post out. If I could, I wouldn't post this up at all. There are some hits and misses with the products I've used for this look.



Stay tuned for the reviews...

Items Used:

Face:
Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse in 01 Beige
Revlon Color Stay Foundation in Golden Beige
Revlon Skinlights in Bronze Light
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
Some pale yellow eyeshadow...
The Body Shop Eye and Cheek Palette in 01 (Blush)

Lips:
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
The Body Shop Shimmer Gloss in Iced Sparkle

Eyes:
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Ben Nye Lumiere Creme Color Wheel (Purple)
The Body Shop Define & Sparkle in 01 Silver
The Body Shop Eye & Cheek Palette in 01
I Nuovi Pencil Eyeliner in Noir (Black)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
I Nuovi Pro Lash 08
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara


Eye & Cheek Palette in 01 (RM89)
L-R: Blush, Lilac Shimmer, Violet Shimmer, Frosted Silver, Black Shimmer

Despite the fact that I prefer warm colors over cool colors, this palette didn't get into my good books. Unlike the ones in the other palette, these eyeshadows are powdery, chalky, sheer and horrible to work with. Lilac Shimmer and Black Shimmer suck less but they're not great either. Only thing that's of good quality in this palette is the blush.

Similar to the Black version, the pearly white liner from the Silver Define & Sparkle Duo (RM68) has chunky glitter but they're more dense. I like the Silver top coat mascara more though.

The true stars of the collection are the Shimmer Glosses (RM49.90). Iced Sparkle has no actual color but you'll get loads of pearly shine and fine glitter. Using this lipgloss on its own looks rather peculiar so I'd suggest topping it over a lipstick.


What happened was, my foundation "mix" became too pink and after failing to neutralize the color with my usual techniques, I got fed up, grabbed a yellow eyeshadow and buffed it all over my face. In real life, it looked like it had worked so I continued doing my makeup and recording the tutorial. It wasn't until I had to take the flash photos that I realized my skin looked yellow and frosty. Ugh. The eye makeup was already disappointing enough and then my skin had to look like crap. I wasn't in the mood to redo my foundation. All I wanted was to get the tutorial over with because at that time I thought I had a deadline for this tutorial. Later on, I found out that there was no deadline but I didn't want to use that palette again -- ever, if I can help it.

Featured products in this post were provided by The Body Shop Malaysia for review and tutorial on Skindeco.Net

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry you didn't like it. But it doesn't look too bad. Serious. :)

theotherworldly said...

Connie, don't worry, if anything the yellowness brought out the lilac-purple tones. :)

Fifi said...

I actually thought the makeup is very pretty and you did a great job despite of the sucky palette.

I've never bought any makeup item from The Body Shop. My friends told me they're not worth it. :(

Aarti said...

i never quite liked the make up from The Body Shop.. chalky, overpriced and the colours aren't my cup of tea.

The colours do look nice on you, but it pronounces the creasings in your eyes... but the placement and blending is pretty :)

gio said...

I think the makeup is nice. It's a shame the palette is so bad but you did a great job with it anyway. The blending is really good!

em said...

I always think your looks are amazing- your skin is flawless!

Chloevien said...

I'm sorry to hear that:( But still it looks so pretty on you, so no worries.... One question though, is Ben Nye Lumiere Creme Color Wheel good? I need a good purple base....

Becky (everyday makeup) said...

hey the look you did looks really gorgeous though. Seriously! Also, the lipgloss looks really nice and you can see the shimmers.

Jamilla Camel said...

Lilac looks stunning against your skin!! Great job!

Happy 2010!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy