Skin Deco

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Makeup Tutorial: Christmas Night Sky

You can count on me to go over the top with my makeup. It's hard not to when I have such outrageous faux lashes waiting to be worn.
I've been trying out a few looks for the Holiday Makeup Tutorials mini-series but haven't been too happy with them with the exception of this one. It's best to reserve this smokey and shimmery blue look for parties though.

I'll be doing more "wearable" looks next but I haven't decided on the colors to work with... Green? Gold? Grey?



Read on for more pictures and items used



Items Used:

Eyes:
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
NYX Single Eyeshadow in Atlantic
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Charcoal
The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Eye Color in Radiant Graphite
I Nuovi Trucolor Eyeshadow in Arabian Black
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Spotlight
Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil in Black
K-Palette Liquid Eyeliner
Maybelline The Colossal Mascara
Taiwan Faux Lashes
Stage Faux Lashes in Martini


Face:
Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse in 01 Beige
Anna Sui Moisture Rich Fluid Foundation in B03
Estee Lauder Ideal Light Concealer in Medium
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Benefit Dallas Powder
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light Flush

Lips:
Stage Wondergloss in Venus


For some reason, I've only used the dramatic Martini lashes on one side... I think that looks better too


Gosh, I love those lashes... Can I please do another dramatic look so that I can wear these lashes again? :D

16 comments:

Grace Chan said...

GORGEOUS! :]
its so creative

Blovet Beauty said...

adore those lashes babes!!

donnarence said...

this looks so hot and beautiful!!! very nice blending..

Claire Cassandra T said...

OMG!!! i love the lashes!!

beetrice said...

oooo...the lashes are very you!! :D never thought of wearing it just on one side...hmmm....food for thought!

Crissy K said...

The look is amazing. Beautiful!

Sherry said...

so pretty!

aly said...

Aw, you make me wanna go back and get them. I knew I should have. Thanks for the tutorial. I think you should do gold next since it's christmas. I love everything you do especially golds so I'll be waiting for it. =3

Stefanie said...

Those lashes are AMAZING!! Great look

gio said...

This is gorgeous and the blending is amazing too! Love the lashes, they're so cool!

Blogger said...

Oh please do a grey or gold look tutorial, dont see much out there...

THe look is just gorgeous, dramatic eyes and the contacts + the lip gloss - Gorgeous!! Gorgeous!!!

coco said...

I didn't realize blue and dark grey can go together. Thanks for the inspiration. Though I don't think I dare to use lash like this... haha!

Sue Lynn said...

Green, Gold, and Green+Gold!!! Me love these combis :P

Chloevien said...

Soooo pretty!!!! I think, I'm gonna try this look for Christmas dinner with my family, but sadly without those lashes:( I think my parents-in-law gonna think that I'm crazy if I put those lashes on *lol* Please do more dramatic looks, I'm into dramatic looks lately, holiday season does change my mood, bling bling and very bright everywhere, on eyes, on nails, etc *lol*

Jamilla Camel said...

You sexy bird of paradise!!

lavender said...

Hi Connie,

You are featured in the newspaper! Very happy for u.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy