Skin Deco

Monday, November 23, 2009

Tips + Tutorial: Quickie Makeup in 8 Minutes

One of the most heard-of excuses that women give for not putting on makeup is lack of time; "No time lar..." or "I don't wanna sacrifice my sleeping time"

Seriously though, don't you wanna look at least presentable for the day ahead especially when you're gonna be meeting people? So it's a Monday but you don't have to show the world that you'd rather be under the blanket than anywhere else.

This video shows that you don't have to slave in front of the mirror to put on a full face makeup. All you need is 10 minutes, assuming that you have that much to spare.

Read on for more quickie makeup tips



Quickie Makeup Tips:

  1. Use a foundation that gives good coverage and doesn't require setting powder eg. powder foundation, cream-to-powder foundation, stick foundation
  2. Well-groomed eyebrows makes a world of difference to your face. If you have time for only one feature, go for the brows
  3. Wear looks that you're familiar with aka fail-proof. When you're in a rush, it's not a good idea to try out looks/colors that you've never worn before
  4. If you're comfortable with light one-wash colors, go for that. Personally, I'm used to eyeliner and smokey eyes so I find that darker eyeshadows work better for my eyes. A dark color (especially for cream eyeshadow) allows me to control the intensity and blend out edges without washing the color out
  5. Eyeliners (gel and liquid) need time to dry and they can be time-consuming to apply. If you really must wear a liner, use a waterproof pencil liner
  6. Prominent lashes open up the eyes and take away attention from plain eyeshadow. Use a mascara that you're most comfortable using. Avoid mascaras that take a long time to dry or has clumsy wands
  7. Go for sheer cheek colors that can be layered on to avoid over-applying
  8. There will be no room for errors so minimize them!
  9. Relax... one product at a time. The more you rush, the more panicked you'll become and the more errors you'll make
  10. If you have 2 more minutes to spare, take a picture of your quickie makeup and send it to me [skindeco.net@gmail.com]. I'd love to see it :) Submissions will be featured in a future post
Items Used:

Monistat Chafing Gel (primer)
RMK Powder Foundation EX in 103L
Shu Uemura Glow on Blush in P Orange 55
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist
MAC Mineralize Duo Eyeshadow in Love Connection
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
Clinique Full Potential Lips in Glamourfull



17 comments:

plue said...

One of the most heard-of excuses that women give for not putting on makeup is lack of time; "No time lar..." or "I don't wanna sacrifice my sleeping time"

ur this line, copy from me one izzit? so familiar! copyright issue ha~~~~

i now can manage to do concealer + blush + curler + mascara + lippie in about 10mins. I got no skills for e/s or liners, so am skipping that. Say, I do have a pic of me putting on those using only like 10mins...

let me go dig and if i have, i submit? LOL!

Askmewhats said...

awww your first pix is awesome you look gorgeous sweetie! you have really good skin and eyes :)

@DdY said...

ohh, u dont need to use concealer at all..envy!

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: LOL!! sowwy babe. Didn't realize :p At least you're putting on makeup in the mornings now! :D

Nikki: Hehe. Thank you *blushes* :)

Addy: I would if it wasn't for the fact that my foundation gives sufficient coverage ;)

coco said...

probabably need additional minute for concealer. :) i'll give this look a try.

Dana said...

I love this video! I think it's definitely one of the best 'quick looks' that I've seen!

Chloevien said...

I would need 3 more minutes only for concealing. lol. And you don't even need it *sigh* I can't even make it for 10 minutes, need more practices:)

theotherworldly said...

Hi Connie,

Wow, I'd love to do something under 10 minutes, but I totally wouldn't want to be seen on the Internet...

Are there like, prerequisites -- like, Must Put Eyeshadow, Must Put Eyeliner, etc? Because I can easily do a BB cream under 10 minutes. :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Coco: Good luck! :) I spend a lot of time on my brows and mascara so if you cut down time on those, you could probably squeeze in the one minute for concealer!

Dana: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

Chloevien: Make more time for makeup ;) I agree though that concealing takes a long time... Personally, I don't bother to conceal blemishes and even for dark circles, I simply even out the color.

theotherworldly: you can just show your eyes then ;) or censor your eyes. whichever feature you prefer to show. As long as it's a look that you think is appropriate for work or an outing.

Blovet Beauty said...

whao 8 mins is all you need!! I still need a full half hour to look my my normal self :( I really have to do my brows or my face will look super big and flat !!

xin said...

ooops! thts what i always said in the morning too :P i will just come to office and color instead. hehehe. i like your #10 :P snap a pic with the spare 2 mins. lol.

gio said...

That's such a pretty quick look, you look gorgeous! And wow, 8 minutes? I need at least half an hour to look decent *sighs*

Paris B said...

You look so cute in the first pic! *pinches cheeks* :D I do my everyday look in about 15 mins but when I'm in a hurry, its concealer, powder foundation, quick swipe of blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow in 1 color, mascara and lipstick and i'm out the door. Great tips babe!

Connie De Alwis said...

Blovet Beauty: I've done this look close to 20 times (that's a lot for me!) so I can do it pretty quickly! Yes, brows certainly add definition

Xin: I usually do it in public toilets! :x

Gio: Thank you! :)

Paris: ouch! Lol. Most of the time I wake up earlier to do my makeup. haha

Jamilla Camel said...

You make a great point!! I always feel so much better spending a few minutes on basic makeup--but sometimes it is a challenge to get out of bed early enough!

Anonymous said...

luv the idea, it is great!
no ugly, only lazy~

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: It has become part of my routine to "wake up for make up". :p I'm not sure if that's sad...

Anonymous: true enough! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy