Skin Deco

Monday, November 16, 2009

Reviews: Shu Uemura Red Juvenus

Then Little Red Riding Hood said, “But Grandma,
What a lovely great big furry coat you have on.”
“That’s wrong!” cried Wolf. “Have you forgot
To tell me what BIG TEETH I’ve got?
Ah well, no matter what you say,
I’m going to eat you anyway.”
The small girl smiles. One eyelid flickers.
She whips a pistol from her knickers.
She aims it at the creature’s head
And bang bang bang, she shoots him dead.
A few weeks later, in the word,
I can across Miss Riding Hood,
But what a change! No cloak of red,
No silly hood upon her head.
She said, “Hello, and do please note
My lovely furry wolfskin coat.”

-- extracted from Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf by Roald Dahl

Please read on for the review of Shu Uemura Red: Juvenus skin care range…

I apologize for the very random introduction. This post will be featuring Shu Uemura’s latest skin care range called Red: Juvenus that has replaced their Beta Glucan range. This range uses Phyto-Red Energy Complex, which comprises of three main red plant-based ingredients, to prevent signs of aging by boosting energy to correct fine lines and give immediate radiance to the skin.

The three key phyto (plant) ingredients are:
  • Amalaki: stimulates production of red blood cells, enhances cellular regeneration, limits breakdown of collagen
  • Pomegranate: inhibits free radicals (antioxidant), boosts collagen production
  • Lycopene: antioxidant, delivers active ingredients
Three trial-sized products from the range were given to me for testing and after roughly a month of using this line, I'm still feeling rather undecided about this range. While the products felt comfortable on my skin, there wasn't any substantial improvements to my skin condition either. It's not to say that the products in this line aren't good but I wouldn't recommend this line if you have particular skin concerns to address. However, if you're simply looking for maintenance and the Red: Juvenus line is within your budget, perhaps you'd like to give these products a try. By the way, every product in this line smells really good.

Vitalizing Refining Lotion Enriched (RM135/150ml) is not your average toner. It replenishes moisture to the skin while exfoliating and refining its texture. The toner leaves a slightly sticky film on the skin so if you're not comfortable with that, you could opt for the more watery non-enriched version.

The only product in this line that actually made a difference to my skin was the Intense Vitalizing Concentrate (RM240/30ml), which I included to my night skin care regimen. Upon application, I could visibly tell that the texture of my skin has been refined. I loved how smooth and firm my skin felt too. Unfortunately, the concentrate didn't really sustain its benefits as soon as I've stopped using it.

I found the Vitalizing Retexturizing Emulsion (RM240/75ml) to be very average. It was certainly too light for night time use so I used it as my day moisturizer. It moisturizes and stops there. Perhaps I would be more satisfied with the cream moisturizer instead. After all, I totally loved the Phyto-Black Lift Renewing Firming Night Cream.

So...... I had a pretty tough time with this post! Words come easy when you're passionate about a product (be it love or hatred) but it's quite the contrary when you're writing about something that lacks "oomph". I guess the Red: Juvenus line simply isn't for me :(

Other products in this line includes Vitalizing Line-Reducing Eye Essence (RM160) and Vitalizing Retexturizing Cream (RM240).

The products featured in this post were provided by Shu Uemura Malaysia for review by Skindeco.Net

5 comments:

Askmewhats said...

I've seen this down here, I love the packaging, gorgeous! :)

Kaye said...

Reminds me a bit of the Kose Junkisui Range :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: Pretty packaging indeed! If only the content was just as good :(

Kaye: Well, the Japanese do tend to have products that are similar to each other. Lol

su-pah said...

glad you've reviewed this, i have been tempted by it and have samples, but then i got bowled over by shiseido's benefiance range instead, which btw, i love.

Connie De Alwis said...

su-pah: i'm glad Shiseido is working well for you!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy