Skin Deco

Monday, November 16, 2009

Review + Color Talk: Not Bored of MAC Just Yet

I swear on my entire makeup collection; I'm not a MAC devotee. Just so happens that they make a lot of products that I really like... And some of my favorite products are their eye colors. The eyeshadows are sometimes questionable but the pigments are almost always gorgeous. Even ParisB, who is not a MAC fan, cannot resist.

This post will be a continuation of the video tutorial that I left y'all with last weekend so if you wanted to know what are all the products that I've used (and what I was eating), do continue reading. Also, I've done swatches of some MAC eye colors in my collection.

Read on...

Look #1: Cool Heat (lid), Bronzescape (crease)
Look #2: Heritage rouge (lid), Vintage Gold (crease), Dreammaker (highlight)
Look #3: Old Gold (lid), Glamour Check! (crease)
Look #4: Heritage Rouge (crease), Teal (lower lashline)

Dreammaker (Starflash) - LE: Sparse gold shimmer with hardly any pigmentation. I use this for blending sometimes but not so much as a highlight or on its own. I predict that I'll get bored of it soon enough
Glamour Check! (Starflash) - LE: I love this shimmery warm chocolate brown color. It's great as a lid or crease color and pairs well with any other color. Great blendable texture too. If it's ever repromoted again, get it!
Cool Heat (Frost) - LE: To be honest, I didn't intend on getting this color because I knew the texture was crappy but the moment I saw the gorgeous teal blue with golden shimmer, I grabbed it. The best way to apply this shadow is wet or you'll get very chunky chalky color

Now on to the good stuff! I've lost track of whether or not the colors are LE but pigment samples are not hard to find so even if the color is LE, you can still get a sample.

Vintage Gold: This dirty green with gold pearl is a nice color to have around. It's great for many sorts of looks and matches well with many colors.
Old Gold: One of those unique colors that are quite impossible to dupe. Sometimes it looks gold, sometimes green. Use a black base underneath and you'll see the green in this gold really popping out. I don't use this color much because it's quite vibrant (almost fluorescent) but it's really a must-have pigment simply because it's special
Teal: Excellent color which is why I'm very surprised that I haven't been using this color! I have a thing for teal eyeshadow and this one certainly doesn't disappoint. The texture is incredible too
Heritage Rouge: Yet another favorite, this low-shimmer burgandy shade is the kind of 'red' that won't make your lids look swollen
Bronzescape (Solar Bits): This one's not a pigment but it resembles a pigment. It's called Solar Bits and the shadows come in loose clusters. It's very creamy so I find the texture difficult to work with. I won't be bothered to get another Solar Bit. one's enough for collection sake

In case you didn't watch the tutorial, here it is again...



Items Used:

Eyes:
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadow in Strut
MAC Pigment in Heritage Rouge
MAC Pigment in Vintage Gold
I Nuovi Trucolor Eyeshadow in Arabian Black
MAC Eyeshadow in Dreammaker
MAC Pigment in Gold Dusk
MAC Fluidline in Black Track
I Nuovi Pencil Liner in Black
Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara
Revlon Fantasy Lengths Lashes in Minx
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil

Face:
Monistat Chafing Gel (base)
Revlon Age Defying Makeup in Golden Beige
Revlon Spa Concealer in Medium
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Plus

Cheeks:
MAC Mineralize Blush in Superdupernatural
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in New Vegas

Lips:
OCC Lip Tar Custom Color (Uber + Melange + Hush)
NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Smokey

Food:
"Keropok Roda" -- Potato Wheel Crackers. It's a type of snack


14 comments:

Chloevien said...

Your entry about MAC makes me smile so is from ParisB. Somehow it likes a fresh breeze among all the MAC hype. Don't get me wrong, I like MAC, not all of their products, means I don't have to get all of their products.I admit it, their eyeshadows are gorgeous, but it depends on their textures, my favorites are veluxe pearl and velvet textures. Their matte e/s, need some improvement, chalky, especially the dark ones, not easy to blend. I'm not a fan of their pigment, since I don't like loose e/s or piggies generally.All together, they have nice products, but the hype is too exaggerated.

su-pah said...

this is one helluva hot look! the bronze glow and the smoked out catty eyes! rawrrr! :D

Askmewhats said...

oh my all the looks you did are great! you are one hot momma! if I'm a man! I'll go pursue you sexy girl!

*aly said...

I love your eyebrows! Lol. Everything looks good. Dreammaker is also an e/s right? Was so tempted to get it.

Connie De Alwis said...

Chloe: MAC has sooooo many products that there's certainly no way all of them are good and I'm not one who can be "loyal" to a brand. Lol. I like MAC for the outrageous eyeshadow colors but of course, it depends a lot on the textures too. I'm not bowled over by all the LE stuff either.

Su-pah: Thanks :D hehe

Nikki: ooh! You're making me blush ;)

Aly: Really? Lol. I was looking through some of my old pictures and thought my brows looked really messed up these day now that I no longer get them shaped. Yeah, Dreammaker is an e/s but without much pigmentation

Sherry said...

wahah.. oh.. keropok.. roda.. aiya.. long time no eat. usually look for sour so need try this :)

Sherry said...

need advice if going like zoo hot places.. as makeup can melt what makeup you recommend? I sure think the eyeliner will melt if put..

gio said...

I love the looks you did, they are all beautiful! You're tempting me to get Heritage Rouge, it looks so pretty and pigmented.

Connie De Alwis said...

Sherry: I love keropok roda but it's so addictive >.<

If I was going to the zoo I'll have on tinted moisturizer, cheek stain, waterproof mascara and fill in brows. That's it :) That amount of makeup is sufficient to make me look "presentable" in daytime pictures

Gio: Thank you :) Heritage Rouge is an amazing color.

Stefanie said...

What a gorgeous look, I would never have thought to put Heritage Rouge with a gold colour like that - I always seem to pair it with pink or purple. I will definitely try it out! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Stefanie: Thank you! Heritage rouge would go well with greens too.

Sue Lynn said...

Old Gold - MY FAV piggie of all time <3...Ahhh...Thank God for my full size :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue Lynn: It'll take you ages to go through the full size. have you tried pressing? I bought the alcohol but never tried :p

Sue Lynn said...

Sent u an email of my pressed piggies :D

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy