Skin Deco

Friday, November 20, 2009

Look: Stage Burlesque Ball + Stage Holiday Sale

I wanted to save these pictures for the proper review of the Stage Burlesque Ball Holiday Collection but I simply couldn't wait to show you this look! Since I'm obsessed with smokey eyes, I hardly go for sweet and feminine so I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of this look. Now that I'm done praising myself, it's your turn to leave a comment letting me know what you think (be gentle, pretty please!)

Read on to have a look at the palette I've used, full description of items used and a SALE announcement

To create this look, I've used the Stage Burlesque Ball 5-color Eyeshadow Palette in Scandal. 3rd color from the left (reminds me of a less frosty version of Stila's Kitten e/s) on the lid, 2nd color into the crease and lower lash line, 4th color as highlight and 5th color just under the brow.

Items Used:

Face:
Shu Uemura UV Under Base in 01
Revlon Age Defying Liquid Foundation in Golden Beige
Revlon Spa Concealer in Medium
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder

Cheeks:
RMK Blush in 02 Translucent Coral

Eyes:
elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Stage Burlesque Ball Palette in Scandal
Stila Smudge Pot in Gray
Stage Drama Lash Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
GEO Lens in Ash Wing (Gray)

Lips:
Stage Wonderkiss Lipcreme in Coy

Stage is having a Holiday Sale from 21st November 2009 until 3rd January 2010 offering 15% storewide. Unfortunately, the discount is not applicable for the Burlesque Ball Collection. Nevertheless, still a good time to check out those neat palettes and lipcremes while you pick up the Wondergloss Lipgloss. You know you want to ;) Consider [this] an inspiration to shop

18 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm more used to seeing you with strong eye colors, but this is really a nice change!! Very sweet and girly!!

And your skin is amazing, esp in the first pic!!! :D

*aly said...

You always make me so tempted! =P Will be checking it out on Monday! Yay!!

Shortcake said...

You look fabulous Connie! I call this understated glamour; so sophisticated! I love smokey eyes too but if I'm seeing my in-laws, I'll go with this look ;)

KayKamaL said...

now i wish duit just come down from the sky.so god damn broke! sedih~

Lavender said...

I like this look. so pretty...

missmicchan said...

It's so pretty...love the colours! I would totally get this palette :) Thanks for the review!

donnarence said...

very pretty!! it is really perfect for day wear,, :D

Eli said...

This reminds me of the Japanese Hime (princess look). Great job!

Gaby said...

Love the look, especially the eyshadow on your lids! So pretty!

jeni said...

are you using eye lid tape/surgery perhaps? i noticed your crease is bigger.

eliza said...

wowwww it looks great on you~~! totally sweet~!
reminds me of caramel =p
thx for the sale tip off ^^

prettybeautiful said...

awwww connie u look so sweeeeeet! all you need is a pink top, and...a pink hairband :P or maybe a pinkier gloss :P

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

this is quite a different look from you as i normally see your smokey something. :P

it's fairly light but it's a great change and I think it's awesome! i only checked out Stage when it was new in malaysia but never step into that store after 2 trips. i guess because it's on the 1st floor of mega mall and i tend to linger in metro looking at other brands and forget about going one floor up. lol

i will make sure to see this palette, though i am not sure if i still have the time since now the school's out and my son's with me 24/7! *_*

FatiN said...

The colour compliments your skin tone really well!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: Awh, thank you :) I guess strong eye colors can be overwhelming for daytime... to other people, at least

*aly: I'd like to know what you end up buying ;)

Shortcake: Thanks so much! This makeup should be approved by the in-laws! :p

Kay: there'll always be other chances eh :)

Lavender: Glad you do. Thanks :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Missmicchan: Thanks and you're welcome! :)

Donnarence: Thank you! :D Certainly suitable for the day

Eli: Gots the whole kawaii thing going on yeah? Lol. thank you :)

Gaby: Thank you! I love that Kitten-dupe color. I'm gonna find more combination for it

Jeni: Lol. No tape. I have weird lids. sometimes the double lid will be more prominent than usual especially when I'm recovering from allergy. Also, the frosty lid color helps the double lid to stand out more

Connie De Alwis said...

Eliza: Thank you and your welcome! :D

Pretty: hee hee hee. not too much pink la!! Later I get diabetes :p

Jojoba: Some days are just too light to wear smokey eyes... I was having a good makeup day perhaps? lol. At least you get to spend more time with your son, right? :) Well, check it out if you're able to. There's also an outlet at Tropicana City Mall

Fatin: Thank you! :)

gio said...

I love this look, it's very pretty, feminine and elegant.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy