Skin Deco

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Totally Wearable Tutorials: In Search for Cherries

If you're wondering why my face and eyes look puffy, they were due to allergies. That aside, I was testing out some pastel shades and I think it didn't turn out too bad. Here's an idea to wear colors (non-neutrals) subtly by keeping them soft and sheer.

LovingMinerals have extended their September promotions up until 30th September 2009.

For foundation, I'm wearing Monave Concealer-Foundation in Teporah. While the coverage surpasses most mineral foundations that I've tried, I wasn't too pleased with the finishing. I thought I looked really old with saggy-looking skin and my lines were terribly accentuated. This one's certainly not suitable for drier complexions but it shouldn't be a problem for oilier skin types. Regardless, it did a great job staying on for hours.

One of the prettiest pink blush I've come across, Lumiere Cherry Blossom Blush is a "a sweet muted cherry with a slight brown undertone infused with gorgeous glimmers of pink & violet" that looks undeniably awesome. The color shows up really well and yet isn't over the top. I really dig the subtle glow too. I'd highly suggest this perky color for days when you're just not feeling jubilant.

Seduction (Earthen Glow): Sheer warm gold/tan with slight metallic copper sheen. Great as all over color. One of those very general colors that should work with most colors
Search (Earthen Glow): Sheer lilac pink. I was surprised that I could pull this color off as I don't look good with pastels, let alone pink shades. It's sheer enough to not be overpowering but the color still shows. To intensify the color, it can be applied wet
Black Cherry (Lumiere): Deep maroon with dark red shimmer. A very pretty color to darken the crease or even as a lid color for more intense eye makeup. Resembles MAC Beauty Marked but not as dark

Start by sweeping Seduction on the entire lid up to the brow bone using an eyeshadow brush. Blend Search from the outer corner going into the crease with a crease brush. Then, darken the outer corner by blending Black Cherry into the outer V using a round crease brush. Apply Black Cherry along the lower lash line as well. Use a purple/plum gel eyeliner on the upper lash line to compliment the pink-lilac hue and also to keep the look soft. Finish off with mascara


Other Items Used:

MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
I Nuovi Megalips Velvetshine in Barely French

7 comments:

eliza said...

wow~!
its really an everyday look o.o

*aly said...

Really pretty. it's amazing how you can use so many different colours and still make it look every day-wearable.

Connie De Alwis said...

Eliza: Rarely seen, huh? Lol. I'd happily wear smokey eyes in the day though :p

Aly: Awh, thank you :)

Jamilla Camel said...

You look fab, allergies or not!

Jenn said...

Very nice and soft day look Connie!! I agree with Jamilla... you look gawgeous anyhoo!! :D

gio said...

I love it, it's so soft and pretty, perfect for daytime. You look gorgeous!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: Awh, thank you :)

Jenn: you're too sweet. hehe

Gio: thanks! I'd wear something like this to school

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy