Skin Deco

Monday, September 28, 2009

Review: Anna Sui Moisture Rich Powder Foundation

My yearning for foundations that complement my dry skin doesn’t stop just so I’ll know what are the options I have. Despite the let down from Anna Sui Moisture Rich Fluid Foundation for being too moisturizing, I was more optimistic about the Powder Foundation version being more suitable for Malaysian climate.

As if the stunning black rose casing hasn’t already induced infatuation, read on to see if it’s everlasting love with this one.

I received the Anna Sui Powder Foundation from Tongue in Chic (partnered with Anna Sui) to give it a test drive. Instead of B03, which is my color for the Fluid, I chose shade P04. Albeit a shade fairer than my skin tone, the slight pinkish hue neutralizes my complexion. Having tested the powder foundation in B03, I found the beige undertones to be quite distinct thus, making my skin look sallow.

While I cannot oppose that the powder’s texture is luxuriously fine and easy to blend, it was fairly sheer for a foundation. The coverage is enough to tone down redness and minor imperfections but it generally gives a no-makeup look. Even though it’s called “Moisture Rich” it wouldn’t be unsuitable for oilier complexions since it does blot off shine and keep the skin looking matte but without drying it out. Touch-ups would be necessary every few hours as the foundation isn’t very long lasting as expected from most powder foundations. In case you’re wondering, the signature Anna Sui rose scent is there but not too heavy.

So, quite obviously, I’m not in love with this foundation but it’s not because it is a bad product. Hey, Paris B likes this foundation! If you’re into sheer and matte finishes, I don’t see what you wouldn’t like this. However, if you prefer a heavier coverage and glowing finish like I do, you may find this foundation a tad lacking.

Retails at RM108 for the refill and RM52 for the casing

8 comments:

*aly said...

"it wouldn’t be unsuitable for oilier complexions".. Huh?? That woke me up. Haha. Great review. Too bad it wasn't one.

Jamilla Camel said...

It does look good on you, but I can sympathize...I've got dry skin so it's hard for me to find a powder foundation I like!

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

i think this might be the right foundation for me. i like sheer and less coverage now.

Askmewhats said...

oooh the packaging is so luxurious! It looks pretty on your skin...I have dry skin too just like JC so its hard for me to look for powders for our skin type too :)

Zwala said...

im a sucker for packaging.. haha..
n when its Anna Sui..its obvious that i luv the signature frangrance.. :P

n it luks good on ur skin :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Aly: Lol! sorry if that sounded confusing but it most accurately described what I was trying to say. Lol.

Jamilla: It's actually not too bad just that I've had better. dry skin can be such a pain sometimes!

Jojoba: Perhaps you should give it a try!

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: I know! Isn't the packaging to die for? ya know, I can probably use this as a compact powder. it'll look so glam in my bag. hehe

Zwala: I'm ok with the scent but as long as it's not too strong!

Anonymous said...

i bought a powder at Anna Sui in NY and can't seem to find the right color again. I am looking on the back of my refill but I cannot find the color type. Any hints?

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy