Skin Deco

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Music Video Inspired Tutorial: Paramore's "Misery Business"


At last, an inspiration that's not blond!
This installment of what seems to have become another tutorial series is inspired by Hayley Williams of Paramore in their "Misery Business" video. Most artists would wear either very smokey or barely there (but still with loads of makeup) looks in their videos. Hayley, however, has been seen sporting more colorful looks. Major props to her!

For this look, I've used the 88 Color Palette so if you've been neglecting yours like I have, it's time to whip it out!

Click for "Misery Business" video
Once again, the colors used may not look exactly like what Hayley had on. This is simply my interpretation using the colors that I have. The color combination is pretty much similar to Sunset Eyes [click here for another version using the same palette]. I kept the skin fair and for the cheeks, I used an orange blush. As per usual, lips are quite neutral

With Flash: Sorry bout the oily looking nose

My eyes looked very the "sepet" (monolid-ish) with the flash. Lol

Looks better in natural light

Items Used:

Face:
Shills Super Cherry Blossom BB Cream
Ben Nye Cover-All Wheel in SK1
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Plus
Make Up Store Blush in Oh So Fresh (blush)

Eyes:
L'Oreal De Crease
Ben Nye Lumiere Creme Wheel (yellow only)
88 Color Palette: B2, I4, I5, K7, A3, B3
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
I Nuovi Fluidliner in Noir (pencil liner)
Maybelline The Colossal Mascara
I Nuovi Pro Lash EX03

Lips:
MAC Slimshine in Assertive


9 comments:

Jenn said...

My eyes look very funny with flash too! >.<

Love the yellow... its so vibrant!! Great effort as always!! I wanna be able to apply makeup like you do!! :D

Askmewhats said...

very paramore-ish!!! Love this..so bright and sunshiny!!!

Shilka said...

Prettyyyyy =D

Jeanjean said...

So pretty ! This is definitely one of my absolute favourites from your FOTD series! Love it.

*aly said...

Great colours! Another good eyeshadow combination. However, the I Nuovi eyelashes all seem to have like a plastic-y shine to them.. Disappointing coz I Nouvi offers such a good range of lashes if it weren't for the shine. I feel like false eyelashes are very limited in Msia, choice-wise. If that makes sense. =)

gio said...

Love this! It's so vibrant and pretty!

Traclyn Yeoh said...

I love this, it's simple and beautiful. You are beautiful by the way. 5 stars in youtube from me. As my token of appreciation for your great work, I present you an award http://voguefemme.xanga.com/711415009/the-humane-award/

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: Unless I do really smokey eyes. frosty eyeshadows look bad in flash too >.<
Awh, thanks babe :)

Nikki: Love brights! thank you :)

Shilka: Thank you :)

Jeanjean: Thanks! glad you like it

Connie De Alwis said...

Aly: thanks :) If you're looking for the non-shiny kind of lashes check out ardell or andrea lashes. I know sasa carries andrea but I'm not sure if they have the natural kind. Ardell uses human hair for the lashes. those taiwan lashes in a box of 10 pairs tend to look really natural too

Gio: Thank you!

Traclyn: Thanks :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy