Skin Deco

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update: The Wedding + Cat Eye FOTD + "New" Hair Color

An FOTD posted on the day that I actually did the look! O_O Well, I've been feeling slightly relieved that I'm done with the tough portion of my assignment. The makeup was a pretty simple cat eye -- as usual, I was testing out some new products. I dyed my hair too. Wednesdays are beginning to be movie day for the boy and I. Today we watched G.I. Joe and I thought it was pretty good!

Last Saturday the bunch of girls and I attended Syen's wedding dinner at Subang Sheraton and situation sorta went outta hand with the "Yum Seng" and the mushrooms... Beetrice explains accurately what went on!

Read on for wedding night pictures and description of items used for today's look.

The newlyweds! Syen looked so beautiful that night and looking at her hubby grining away, he sure knows that he got quite a catch! He was walking down the red carpet with the royal wave. Lol

I swear hotel wedding food has drastically improved over the past 5 years - thank goodness! No cheesy Kitaro song for the serving of the first dish but there was a rather dramatic entrance still with fire torches. We had "shark's fin" soup without the shark's fin and look, two plates of mushrooms! The waiter almost got beaten up for trying to take away the unfinished plate of mushrooms

The dashing ladies: (Top) Pinkelle, Jo, Rinnah, (Bottom) Kahani, Meldee

Stole this pic: Me, Paris, and Bee. I'll be posting up the tutorial for the makeup I did for the dinner real soon. The eye makeup was done with only fingers and sponge tip applicators!

As for today's makeup, I gave MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet a second go. It's a really sheer color that's not as intense as I would like it to be. To get a thin line with this color is awfully troublesome so I went really thick instead

Every single D.I.Y. hair dye, regardless of how light the color I buy, hardly penetrates my super thick black hair. I sorta got fed up and bought the Gatsby Natural Bleach and yet... Well, you can see from the pictures below that my hair didn't get much lighter. Gatsby has a stronger bleach and I've used that for highlighting before but it's far too damaging to use it for a full head

Items Used

Face:
Monistat Chafing Gel
Anna Sui Moisture Rich Fluid Foundation in B03
elf Tone Correcting Concealer
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Brunette (blush)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper (highlight)
Make Up Store Microshadow in Viva (crease)
Benefit Silk Powder Eye Shadow in Guess Again (lid)
MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet
Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
elf Studio Brow Kit in Light

Lips:
Anna Sui Lip Stick B in 03

17 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

You look utterly glam and chic! Love the new hair colour..and I love love love your short haircut!

fuzkittie said...

Really love the hair color!! Subtle but very very pretty~

Lê Mai Trang said...

u look amazing in the pic with paris and bee

Jenn said...

You rocked the cat's eye Connie... you always do!! :D

I like your new hair color too, although the difference is subtle!! :D

Can post a pic of your dress you wore to Syen's wedding? it looks gorgeous!!! :D

beetrice said...

LOL...is there an "inaccurate" version? ;) the mushrooms were Jo's 'myyyy prreeeccciiouuusss' wat...heehee...and you got a pic of mel! :D

now the question is - who's going to be next?? :O we need more mushrooms for Jo!

Askmewhats said...

awww everyone looks gorgeous! especially the bride! i've read Bee's post! and you look gorgeous! I like your outfit too!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

u all look gorgeous in the wedding... sure u must put up the tutorial for the wedding night FOTD...

Traclyn Yeoh said...

Pretty as always!

Oh, if you want your hair color to be more obvious, you either leave the dye longer or dye it twice. I know it might sound very damaging and quite a hassle but it works a little.

gio said...

You all look beautiful!

Love the makeup and the hair color. The difference is subtle but pretty!

**Aly La'Kisse said...

Hey, the cat eye looks really casual on you.. Hehe.. Didn't actually notice a difference in your hair til there was a before after pic.

jojoba said...

wow this is so amazing. i have been out of social circle for the longest time. haven't been to a wedding since my own BIL's years ago... My son just wouldn't accept a sitter1

you girls are gorgeous. feeling soooooo sad that i don't know most of the local bloggers as i don't ever meet any other than once with parisb many moons ago.

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: Awh, thanks!

Fuz: Thank you!

Le Mai Trang: Thanks, you're too sweet :)

Jenn: I'm surprised I didn't take a picture of my dress! I'll try to get one :) thanks, babe for the nice comments

Bee: The inaccurate version would be that we were Lisa's noisy and obnoxious bunch of friends who laughed inappropriately and stole food from the other table :p who oh who is gonna be next? ;)

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: Thanks, sweetie :D

Syn: Thank you! yep! I'll have to edit the tutorial first.

Traclyn: Thanks. I left it on for a very long time! Lol. thanks for the suggestions.

Gio: Thank you!

Aly: Under sunlight the difference is slightly more noticeable >.< I wore the cat eye jut out for a movie. hehe pretty simple makeup in my books

Jojoba: perhaps when your son is older then you'll get the chance to mingle more! Thank you :)

KayKamaL said...

uh2..i love the dress u were wearing..shows off ur clavicle so nicely! (i really have an eye for clavicles..huhu..)

d color is nice wat..its subtle..not fake-y looking blonde-y kinda bleach

Kate said...

Connie you are looking super cute as usual! I have to laugh at the hair bleaching because my good friend has similar hair and she can never get hers to lighten either. My hair is sort of blonde/red but really fragile and dries out alot. So I'm jealous of hair like yours that is so strong and pretty!

Sue Lynn said...

*gasps* You only used sponge tip applicators to achieve this super look!??! OMG! ^5!

Connie De Alwis said...

Kay: Hehe. thank you. but my clavicle getting less and less noticeable cuz I'm getting meatier :x

Kate: Thank you! Lol. Blonde hair tend to be quite fragile, don't they? But they're so beautiful too! I guess every hair color and type have their own pros and cons!

Sue Lynn: The wedding look la. I'm uploading the video soon

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy