Skin Deco

Friday, July 31, 2009

Totally Wearable Tutorials: It's a Marvelous Night for a Moondance...

"Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love..."
I blame Mimi from the Drew Carey Show for making many women not only shy but run screaming away from blue eyeshadow. Moondance, as beautiful as its name, is the kind of blue that's for the faint-hearted and it'll be the main color used in this tutorial. With a total of only three eyeshadow colors used, this is one super easy look.

Read on for the tutorial, swatches and description of items used.


Champagne: Pale earthy color with silver shimmers. Works as a highlight shade
Moondance: Cool teal with a hint of gray. Absolutely gorgeous color containing multi-colored shimmer for added dimension
Taupe: Purplish gray with a silvery sheen. Excellent crease color to complement cool eyeshadow colors. It can also be used for a very simple smokey eyes by just layering it over black pencil liner

Items Used:

Face:
Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie
Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Golden Beige
Revlon Skinlights in Bronze Light
Estee Lauder Ideal Light in 03 Medium and 07 Soft Pink
RMK Loose Powder in P00
Benefit Dallas Powder (blush)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin
Lumiere Mineral Eyeshadow in Moondance, Taupe and Champagne
Stila Smudge Pot in Black
Maybelline The Colossal Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
elf Brow Kit in Light

Lips:
MAC Slimshine in Bare


Prep lid with eyeshadow primer then using finger, apply teal cream eyeshadow without going over the crease line. With a dense eyeshadow brush (Stila #30), pat on Moondance over the cream shadow base. Add Taupe into the crease with a crease brush. Clean off excess eyeshadow on a tissue and use the same brush to blend Taupe upwards toward the brow.

Apply highlight with a dense highlight brush. Use a small eyeshadow brush, smudge Taupe on the lower lash line, placing more color on the outer end. Line with black gel liner and create a wing if you'd like. Finish off the eye makeup with mascara.

Told you it was super easy!

Close up with flash...

14 comments:

Tine said...

I can't be 100% about this, as I'm only seeing the colours from your photos, but Taupe and Moondance look very very similar to NARS Habanera! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to try it out with the Habanera :)

Askmewhats said...

this is a very pretty look! On your lids, I can't seem to pinpoint the exact shade..but the effect is awesome, I really love your hair :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Tine: I checked out pictures of the duo and there is a possibility. Moondance is a deeper teal though :) Welcome!

Nikki: thanks, sweets. It looks better if it's unwashed so that's actually not such a good hair day cuz I just washed my hair. Lolk

jojoba said...

you know, this is my favourite FOTD of yours and i meant it! your skin looks especially glowy and smooth today. and of course your eye shadows are fabulous too but the skin. OMG!!!! i want to pinch it!

Jenn said...

I agree with jojoba!! The first thing i noticed about the look is your flawless skin!! So glowy too!! :D

And oh, when will i ever master the skill of lining my eyes so nicely like yours!!

puss.in.heels said...

Thank you for showing the whole wide world that blue shadows can be totally wearable. Revlon CS foundie looks good on you!! Awesome job,hun!

gio said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors you used! Your skin looks flawless and glowy too!

Shopn'Chomp said...

Very pretty, shimmery look!

Chloevien said...

So easy and pretty, thank you dear Connie:)

|| Lyññ || said...

Wow... Nice... I''m looking for a good loose powder to buy... The last one I bought totally gave me breakouts; Jurlique Citrus Silk Finishing Powder... sighs... Was wonering how much is the RMK one... =)

Shen said...

i love mimi at the drew carey show! :) she's so sarcastically funny that if i don't hear a snide comment from her, i feel disappointed with the ep. :) but you're so right, she's to blame! hahaha! that's why i used her pic at my blue eyeshadow post! hahaha!!

fuzkittie said...

Hey girl! Your bangs look so cute!! I've been absent for too long, hehe. Lovely look! <3

Connie De Alwis said...

Jojoba: Awww, you're too sweet :) Thank you

Jenn: Thanks! :D practice! Trust me, I used to suck really really bad. hehe I started really getting into lining with pen liquid liners.

Puss: You're most welcome and thank you! I LOVE teal eyeshadows. I made the revlon foundation friendlier to my skin with the Skinlights and also a great night time moisturizer!

Gio: Thanks :D

Shopn'Chomp: Thank you :)

Chloe: You're welcome and thank you! :)

Lynn: I've used Giorgio Armani loose powder for YEARS and it's my absolute favorite. The RMK one is RM145 for 25g. It's not too bad but I prefer GA :)

Shen: I kinda miss the Drew Carey show. I used to watch it every week. Yeah, I remember reading that post! I'm glad you got over your fear of using blue eyeshadow :)

Fuz: Missed you! Thanks, babe ;)

Wendy said...

Oh Connie this is beautiful. This is probably my favorite EOTD so far, and it looks easy to do! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy