Skin Deco

Friday, July 24, 2009

Review: Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask

I've come across many hydrating masks in the market but none appealed to me because they're either heavily fragranced or have this alcohol-laddened "cooling sensation" that's actually drying the skin rather than hydrating it. Having searched high and low for a reliable hydrating mask, I was grateful to have received the Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask for Dehydrated Skin. The very name of the product calls to my exorbitantly thirsty skin.

Read on for the review.

The light fluffy cream mask comes in a typical squeeze tube which is hygienic and easy to use. I use quite a lot for one face, as you can see, but you can adjust the amount according to your preference. Consistent with the other product in the HydraQuench range, the cream mask has a tolerable floral scent that is somewhat like jasmine.

What's in the mask?
  • Hyaluronic Acid with High Molecular Weight: Forms a barrier film to prevent excessive moisture evaporation
  • Katafray Bark: Boosts the transformation of epidermal keratinocytes into new corneal cells. Encourages the synthesis of natural moisturization factors
  • Hyaluronic Acid with Low Molecular Weight: Replenishes essential water reserves that keep skin firm and toned
  • Sorbier bud: Strengthens blood vessels and boosts microcirculation for enhanced skin radiance

After cleansing, the cream is evenly applied onto dry skin. The mask is then left for 5-10 minutes to absorb. Then, a dry sheet mask is placed over the cream mask and pressed on with gentle pressure. Excess cream mask is removed with cotton soaked in toner.

It's not difficult to tell when my skin is dry. See that shiny bit on my forehead in the before pic? That's an eczema patch with hardening skin, which is a lot less obvious in the after picture. Please ignore my horrendous eye bags and dark circles *sighs*

Another way to indicate dryness on my skin is by the white patches on my cheeks. There's also another protruding eczema patch on my temple. After the mask, my skin color looks better with the white patches less apparent and the eczema patch too became less visible. Also, my skin was slightly glowing.

After taking the pictures, I then continued applying my serums and moisturizer.

All in all, I feel that this is very good product and pretty much meets all the requirements I look for in a hydrating mask. I don't really have anything bad to say about it but it lacks a certain "wow" factor. Basically, I like the product but I'm not in love and overly excited about it. Don't let my insufficient enthusiasm stop you from giving this a go though. I'm probably just difficult to please.

Retails at RM135 for 75ml

3 comments:

chaborkia said...

hi Connie! sorry this is OT but just wanna tell you i've placed order on Sigma Brushes. i'm so excited to finally own a duo fiber brush! i saw your name in Sue's spree but it was eons ago, do you own a set yourself? i can't wait to finally play with real quality brushes, i've outgrown those cheap brushes my cousin gave me years ago. :D

have a moo moo good day! ;)

theotherworldly said...

Your skin looks very clear and your lips are the perfect shade of baby pink I love!

Have you tried L'Oreal Derma Genesis with ProXylane products -- the one with the high tech looking pink and navy honeycomb promotional packaging. Pricewise it's a little steep, and it's for mature ladies, but after trying out the samples I couldn't help but get wowed! My skin felt bouncy and moisturised (I have combi dry skin). The night cream is especially luscious. :)

http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/6287422/loreal-paris-skin-genesis-deepaction-night-complex-intensive-treatment/fromSearchSuggest

Kelly said...

Hi Connie,

I use the Clarins HydraQuench as well and I love it1 Your skin does look improved and I think this product has done the same for me, I got it at an Aussie store Fresh Fragrances? Heard of it?

http://www.fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au/skincare/Clarins_HydraQuench_Cream_Mask___For_Dehydrated_Skin___94015.html

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy