Skin Deco

Sunday, July 26, 2009

FOTDs + Makeup Talk + Haircut

Guess who got a haircut? Despite a few negative comments that I've received, I love this hairstyle A LOT! I'm so glad that I found a hairstylist who's able to meet my needs. He's incredibly affordable too :D I do admit that I miss my long hair but at this point of life, I would prefer not to look so "mature". It's bad enough that my classmates are all younger than I am and my boyfriend looks like he just graduated from high school. I don't need people assuming that I'm in my late 20s, married, with a kid, and thinking that my boyfriend is my younger brother.

Read on for details on makeup used for the picture above and there's another FOTD. They're very basic looks but I just wanna talk about a few new products that I've been trying out.

For my foundation, I used Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer combined with some Maybelline liquid concealer to lighten and add some coverage. You Rebel is starting to be addictive and I certainly can't think of any other tinted moisturizer that I'm so fond of. On the cheeks, there's MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Cheeky Bronze with Redhead Brunette (My bad!!) on the apples... I doubt you'd be able to see any color in the picture anyway 'cause I buffed them out. Brunette is very pigmented for an MSF which makes it a definite blush color. Even for a blush, it's pretty intense.

On my eyes, I applied just a wash of I Nuovi Metallogy Eyeshadow in Tin with some highlight and lined with K-Palette Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner. Although it creates a very beautiful and precise line, it's a complete pain to remove. They weren't kidding when they put "Tattoo" on the packaging.

Finally, on my lips is MAC Slimshine in Bare, which I absolutely adore. The Slimshines are fantastic stuff! They apply so smoothly, make the lips look creaseless, feels moisturizing and has reasonable staying power. Bare is a perfect natural color for me too.

With this makeup, I felt like I was preparing myself for winter. The eyeshadow colors that I used created some sort of "bedroom eyes". Not too bad but I was actually hoping for the colors to show up. I used Benefit Silky Powder Eyeshadows in Moody (gray taupe) and Guess Again (ashy purple) with some I Nuovi D27 in Pop Art on the middle of the lid. I expected the Benefit colors to be very low-key but not have crappy color payoff. When swatched, they still looked okay but on the lids, they're practically pointless. For my eyeliner, I used Stila Smudge Pot in Gray which looks like Guess Again in its pan. Lovely color and applies very well too. On the lips, my latest favorite, Stage Wondergloss in Venus.

Cheeks -- MAC MSF in Cheeky Bronze and Refined. OMG, I broke my Refined MSF O_O *cries* Barely a foot high drop and it split in half! Now my Refined looks like a burger. I'm still feeling the pain... It's such a pretty peach color and and and... *wails*

Side view of the hair... I'm thinking of going a shade lighter

24 comments:

theotherworldly said...

Oh! Your hair looks so incredibly cute and low-maintenance. The wispy layered bangs frame your features perfectly!

Askmewhats said...

I don't get negative comments coz I am ONE BIG fan of short do for you!! !you look HOT HOT HOT! I love how you carry yourself well with this kind of hair, you can look edgy or sweet with that hair!

Jenn said...

Your new haircut definitely made you look younger!! :D

and Bare looks amazing on you!! ARGH slimshines!!! T_T

Eli said...

Love your pixie hair. You can do a Twiggy FOTD now!

plue said...

great hair dear!

for me blonde was pretty intense, and if u said redhead is intense, i guess the BBR MSF are all pretty much like a blush on their own!

eh, Redhead? carmen's redhead? tee hee. :P

oh dear! how now ur refined?

prettybeautiful said...

u look so young and chic with short hair! when i had shorter hair everyone said i looked younger too, now that my hair has grown longer, i think i look old also :(

Elizabeth said...

Short hair definitely makes you look younger and fresher;)
Oh dear your poor MSF. I read somewhere on Shades of U how you can fix broken MSFs using alcohol like pressing pigments. Hope that helps *shrugs*

Connie De Alwis said...

Jasmine: Thanks :D I don't mind washing my hair more frequently now. hehe.

Nikki: Thanks, sweetie. My straightener comes to play when I wanna create more "edgy" looks. hee hee

Jenn: yay! I'm glad you agree :D Thank you. aww... don't cry *pats*

Eli: Thanks! I would love to try a twiggy look. but the whole cut crease style just doesn't look good on me. maybe I could try the one with the flower? :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: Thanks! My bad my bad!!! It's Brunette! not Redhead. I've edited. Lol!! I've been too caught up with Redhead until the name got stuck in my head. haha. I used Brunette :p My refined looks alright from aerial view but I can't tip it or the whole piece falls of T_T

Pretty: thank you! Cut short again la :D I liked shorter hair on you too.

Elizabeth: Aww, thanks :) It's not shattered though so I'm not sure how to fix it. but I'll look up for that blog post. thanks!

puss.in.heels said...

I've had long hair practically all my life, when I chopped it off, I never want to go long again! I love short hair! I think chicks in short hair look HAWT! Bare slimshime is on my wishlist! I have in Mousse and love it! Too bad they are soooo soft! Melts easily >.<

gio said...

I like your new haircut! It definitely makes you look younger :)

e.motion in motion said...

I like the hair! I've always wanted to just chop mine all off lol xD A little color would look awesome hehe :3

Oo and I have an award for you :D

Tine said...

Definitely dig the new haircut. Looks good before, looks good now too! :)

eva said...

nice hair gal..
it make u look alot cuter..hehe..
whr do u cut it?
i need a haircut too..mine is gettin meesier day by day...

p/s- i live in kl..haha!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your hair, wish I could do short hair...

But I just wanted to say that maybe what's aging you is you eyebrows. I've noticed that they're always so filled in and maybe that ages you just the slightest bit??

I dunno, just an honest opinion..

But, I still love your hair and so sorry about your humpty-dumpty MSF..

SARAH said...

I think you look gorgeous. Don't let the negative comments get you down!!

xoxo

p.s.
love your blog :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Puss: But I still like long hair!! long hair + wind = sexy. short hair + wind = mess
Yeah, I do agree that they're incredibly soft

Gio: Thank you! :D

Erynn: Thanks and DO IT! :D I think you'd look really cute in a Posh Becks kind of do. I still need to hunt around for hair dye. it doesn't matter how light the color looks on the box, it'll hardly show up on my hair. I'm hoping that I don't have to bleach. Thank you! I'll check it out :)

Tine: Aww, thank you :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Eva: In Taman Daya, Selayang. One of those small typical Chinese hair salons with the aunties, chinese tea and hair all over the place. Lol! and only RM20 :p but the guy who cuts my hair is really good.

Anonymous: Thanks :) and I appreciate your honesty. Although, I would rather look old that to go with unfilled brows! if I use makeup and not fill my brows, I look bald. just have a look at my old FOTDs (April 2008) and you'd agree! I still looked old before I started filling my brows >.< thank you for your sympathy *sniffs*

Sarah: Thanks :) I don't get upset. Just annoyed. Lol

Chloevien said...

Yup, this is your haircut, cute but also bold/sassy at the same time:) Maybe with some subtle highlights make this haircut more Rrrrr....:)And... sorry about your MSF.... *sigh*

pinkyping said...

I really love your lip colour! And yes, a pretty good winter look.. hehe maybe I will dupe it, if you don't mind

Connie De Alwis said...

Chloevien: Thanks for the suggestion :) I might just get someone to do my hair color this time

Pinkyping: Go ahead and dupe it. I'd be flattered!

Shen said...

Pretty! :) I love this hair cut!! :) i feel for you about the cheeky brnze. :(

yummy411 said...

this is an awesome look on you! you look so polished and fresh!

Jamilla Camel said...

You hair is great! It does make you look younger!

It looks very similar to mine, except that I don't have a fringe (bangs) like you do.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy