Skin Deco

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Review + Swatches: MAC Bronzing Powder + MSF

Remember that time I was faking a tan? It was thanks to MAC Bronzing Powder and Wayne. I'm thinking of trying it again now that I've added some color to my arms from paintball with Paris. This will be a double review with my second MAC Mineralize Skinfinish.

Read on if you're keen.

MAC Bronzing Powder

Most people confuse bronzing with contouring. Keep in mind that bronzing is the act of becoming tanned while contouring is to sharpen features. MAC Bronzing Powder is meant for bronzing and this is usually indicated by shimmer in the product. Contouring, on the other hand, is best done with simply a darker matte shade of your natural skin tone or a grey-toned shade. Refined Golden is a warm tan shade with a hint of orange and flecks of golden shimmer. This shade works really well with my NC30-NC35 skin to warm it up without looking artificial or muddy.

The golden shimmers are barely visible when applied but it does give a hint of glow. It looks really good as an all-over powder too. If you have a darker skin tone, this could work as a glow powder or just to add a healthy hue to the skin. Fair-skinned ladies, this may look too orange so use sparingly. The powder itself is very fine so it can get dusty although this would also mean that the powder wouldn't look cakey on the skin. With this powder, it'll look like you've just added color to your skin and not piled on powder.

The Bronzing Powder is in the permanent line but mine's from the Neo Sci-Fi Collection with its very hot fluorescent orange casing. Retails for $21USD and should be around RM90 in Malaysia? Anyone care to clarify?


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish

Basically a baked shimmery powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish can be used for the cheeks, eyes and even lips depending on the shade. New Vegas is a pale gold highlight shade with very intense shine factor. It came out with the Alexander McQueen Collection in 2007 and I don't think it has been repromoted ever since.

It's not something that I can use regularly compared to Light Flush but it's beautiful nonetheless. As a highlight, it truly amps up the cheekbones. Example in this tutorial(See picture below). The powder can be easily layered to be used as eyeshadow. The golden shimmer is a tad too intense for my taste and can look chunky at times. I can't say that I'm in love with this MSF but I'm still biased towards them! Some things just weaken my knees.


10 comments:

fuzkittie said...

That golden glow suits you soo well! You look like a sun goddess! And the lips are sexy too.

Dee said...

Love the glow that the MSF gave you. Works very well on your skin. I've been eyeing Refined Golden since it came out with Style Warriors.

gio said...

I love how glowy you look with the MSF! You look great!

Jenn said...

Ahh, New Vegas looks totally hot on you!!! What a gorgeous sheen!! So pretty!!!

I was tempted to get the bronzer from style warriors... but i'll most probably skip because i don't think i'll have much use for it...

Askmewhats said...

great skinfinish look! love the glow!!!! Girl, you look great on matte and glowy!!! How dare you pretty girl!

prettybeautiful said...

how come u look so goood????? :(

Connie De Alwis said...

Fuz: You're giving me a golden blush! NYX Circe does magic to the lips :p Thanks babe!

Dee: Aww, thanks... If your skin tone can take Refined Golden, it'll be a good investment. I use it most often compared to other bronzers (either too red or shimmery)

Gio: Thank you!

Jenn: yup! don't get what you won't use! Thanks for the kind words :)

Nikki: It's the dry skin! it's naturally matte and makes glows work! Thank you, sweetie :)

Pretty: Angle... I believe so :p and piles of makeup. HAH!

miss kyou said...

Hi Connie, I've been following your blog for awhile. You give great tips! Thanks for the review.. I'm glad I didn't get the MAC mineralized skinfinish but I ordered the skinifnish natural instead.. hopefully that won't be so shimmery.

M¥PriNcessS said...

waaow perceft...

sam said...

you're one hot chick!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy