Skin Deco

Monday, June 8, 2009

Review: Sunplay Skin Aqua UV Moisture Gel SPF25 PA++

After the awful experience with Biore UV Gel, I didn't think that I'd be able to find a drugstore gel sunscreen that would not irritate my skin. Since Plue didn't like the lack of oil control in this product, she passed on the Sunplay Skin Aqua UV Moisture Gel SPF25 PA++ to me. Lucky for me, my skin seems to like this sunscreen a lot.


Prior to this, I've been avidly using RMK Face Protector as my sunscreen for makeup days and I don't think I've ever used a better sunscreen. However, Sunplay Skin Aqua makes a decent substitute with its lightweight texture and gentle formula. The sunscreen feels comfortably hydrating on the skin but doesn't cause additional oiliness either. Since it's fast-absorbing, this makes an excellent sunscreen to be used under makeup. Due to the hydrating benefits, I especially like using this under powder foundations which tend to move around quickly when oil-based skin care is used underneath.

There's quite a lot of product in the handy squeeze bottle so it's considerably cheap. However, when it comes to the effectiveness of this product, I can't quite tell yet. I know for sure that RMK Face Protector works because having used that over the past few months, I've noticed that my foundation shades were getting fairer and I haven't developed any new spots on my cheek. Perhaps I'll do an update after a few more months to re-view this one.

For the time being, I'm happy enough with this product to the point that I'm not keen on looking for another sunscreen to substitute it.

Paris of MyWomenStuff did a review on both the Skin Aqua Gel and Milk.


Retails for RM29.90/80ml. Small trial sizes are available for RM5 (I think).


5 comments:

prettybeautiful said...

yeah i read tht review on mywomenstuff earlier. but i dare not take any risk of breaking out my face further =/

p/s: the link does not work for me

Shuu said...

Ah I tried this one instead of the milk one, the milk one feels a tad oily.. But it somehow doesn't feel right, so I continue using my usual sunscreen and use this one on my neck.
Glad that it works for you :)

fuzkittie said...

Girl, now you make me want the RMK face protector!!!! >.<

Audrie said...

ooo nice review! Wish we had access to this product here...

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Can you tell me where in the US can I buy the SunPlay Skin Aqua UV Moisture Gel SPF 25 PA++? Specifically, can you give their website? I have just purchased them via sasa.com, but they're out of HK or Australia and it takes forever to reach the US.
Thanks

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy