Skin Deco

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Tutorial: Goa

Isn't that one of the most beautiful sunsets ever? I done looks with similar colors (see here and here) but realized that I never did do a tutorial on it. Since this look goes with the series' theme, here's Goa of India for ya.

Despite the many colors involved in this look, I've tried to make it as wearable as possible. This is also a great way to cram many many colors on one eye -- eight to be exact!

Read on for the video and picture tutorial :)



Items Used:

Face:
Benefit Dr. Feelgood (base)
Everyday Minerals Foundation in Buttered Tan
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance

Cheeks:
Everyday Minerals Blush in All Smiles
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light Flush

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil in Dusk
88 Color Palette: F7 (Berry Blue), H6 (Shimmery Plum), I6 (Shimmery Raspberry), I3 (Medium Orange), B1 (Soft Yellow), A3 (Off White), J6 (Shimmery Bronze), J7 (Dark Brown)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Bloop Pencil Liner in Black
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
e.l.f. Brow Kit in Light
RMK Eyebrow Mascara
Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara

Lips:
RMK Irresistible Lips C in Shiny Beige

After prepping with an eyeshadow primer, create a base by applying a deep purple line up to the crease. Blend out the edges using your finger. Then, pick up the Blue and apply it on the lid beneath the crease. After that, layer the Plum shade above the blue until the crease. Use a blender brush to blend the crease. Next, get a round crease brush and lightly apply the Raspberry shade above the Plum. Blend some more. Basically, you blend every time you place a color. Repeat the same steps for the Orange and Yellow. Finally, apply the Off White right under the brow.

You'll get something that looks like this. The colors show up very nicely in real life but not so much in flash photography.

Using a small brush, place the Bronze shadow on the lower lash line and darken the outer half of the lash liner with Dark Brown. Then, highlight the inner corner with Soft Yellow. Line the upper lashline with black gel liner and tightline.

Curl lashes and apply mascara. Groom the brows and you're done!



15 comments:

[ miss hazel ] said...

NICEEEEE! i love that u use a bronze shadow on the lower lash line!

Jenn said...

OMG you're such a makeup whiz!!! i don't think i can ever use so many shadows together!! :D

This look is so pretty... i hope i'm able to carry those purples off!! :D

Askmewhats said...

I cannot watch the video but seeing the photos and step by step guide, I LOVE IT!

fuzkittie said...

That looks exactly like the sunset! :D Great job~

Connie De Alwis said...

Miss Hazel: Thanks! I thought that would give the look a more wearable feel instead of going purple and blue on the bottom as well :)

Jenn: You're too kind! I don't usually look nice in purples but I find pairing it up with orange works really well :D

Nikki: Yay! The pictures pose to be useful! Thanks. Glad you like the look :D

Fuz: Awww... Thanks! I love my 88 color palette for this.

Hayley said...

great!! i love this colorful look!! but erm, i'm still very much waiting for Redang tutorial :(

prettybeautiful said...

so nice! it is almost exactly like the sunset picture! i envy u for making good makeup day everyday :(

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: Well, like I said, no promises because I am yet to find a picture of redang that doesn't look like the other beach pictures that I've done. But seriously, it's not the location that matters! I did the looks merely based off the pictures. I have pictures of Redang that looks like the Dominican Republic so if I just substituted the picture and the name, it'll just come up to the same thing. So, chances are, I won't be doing Redang unless I find a good picture. If you do find a good picture that wouldn't be redundant, do send it my way :)

Pretty: Hehe. Practice makes perfect! And I still gots lots of practicing to do. Thanks babe! ;)

eliza said...

omg....the colours are really nice~!

chaborkia said...

good job Connie. purple is my favourite color! suits practically any eye shape. definitely suits you. :D Goa is like, two times the distance from KL to Penang from the part of India where i live. should i go? :P

Sue said...

I like the Blue! :D Very nicely done! ;)

gio said...

Wow, this is beautiful! The colors are so pretty! You did a great job!

KayKamaL said...

ouh..u actually made GOA!!! tx so much..im so remined of the place..memories~ n i love purples,yeay!

Connie De Alwis said...

eliza: Thank you :)

Yahui: Wah, you can go high give with Beetrice, d. :D If you have the chance and since you're already in India you might as well go!

Sue: Thanks :)

Gio: Thank you!

Kay: Another purple lover, eh? The picture was beautiful, I had to do Goa!

Jade Dancinginthe Moonlight said...

hey dear., like ur lips..nicecolor. where u get allthis beigy color lipsticks...

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy