Skin Deco

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer Tutorial: Dominican Republic

Did you think that I've ran out of ideas for the Summer Tutorials Series? Not likely! Here's the third tutorial inspired by the clear blue sea of the Dominican Republic. Thanks, Kia, for the suggestion! I made both a video and picture tutorial for this one and again, do let me know which one you like better so that I'll have an idea on what to do in future. I've adjusted the white balance and zoomed in so I hope the quality's better now. Since this tutorial only focuses on the eye, the video is in normal speed.

Read on for both media of tutorials!

This is the look we're trying to achieve... Check out the hoop earrings! I'm so into them but I know my interest will only last for a little under 2 weeks.


Items Used:

Face:
L'Oreal True Match Make-up Base
Youngblood Mineral Liquid Foundation in Tahitian Sun
Revlon Skinlight Liquid Illuminizer in Peach Light
I Nuovi Undercover Concealer in 4Y
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance
Make Up Store Blush in Oh So Fresh

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin'
MAC Eyeshadow in Electric Eel
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
Stila Eyeshadow Duo in Kajiki (the dark blue)
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Gold 91 (highlight)
Bobbi Brown Long Wearing Gel Liner in Ivy Shimmer Ink
Dior Pencil Liner in Black
Maybelline Volum' Express Trubo Boost Mascara
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
Prescriptive Eyebrow Powder

Lips:
MAC Lipglass in Florabundance




Star by applying your base makeup as usual. I'm using a darker foundation to give myself a warmer complexion. And also, this is the only foundation that would agree with my messed up skin for the time being.

After prepping lid with a primer, apply a teal base (Rollickin') on 2/3 of the lid with your finger. Pat on a bright teal (Electric Eel) over the base with a firm eyeshadow brush (e.l.f.). Then, apply a beige (Ricepaper) shade on the inner portion of the lid, blending upwards and also into the bright teal. Take a round crease brush and place the dark blue (Kajiki) into the outer corner of the lid and bring the color halfway into the crease.

With a fluffy crease brush, blend the dark blue really really well until it gets smoked out. Apply highlight color under the brow. Use a small brush and place the colors on the bottom lash line following the order of the colors on the top lid.

Line the top lash line with dark green gel liner and the water line with black pencil liner. Finish off with mascara.

Hope you found both tutorials useful!

20 comments:

Eli said...

Pretty! I can def see how it goes from the beach out to the sea.

leslielovesmakeup said...

you're so pretty!

eliza said...

wow this colour is smoothing XD
not to blue-ish
just nice

can use for everyday look
thx!

puss.in.heels said...

That MAC Electric Eel is such an amazing colour!!

sigh. U make me wanna go for holiday now...

e.motion in motion said...

Ooo very pretty (;

ms.iu said...

love it! love blueee colorsss....:D
btw....what brush do u use to apply foudatio there?

Jenn said...

Like i said in twitter, this look is AMAZING!! i love it so much!! You're so talented!! :D

I love both forms of tutorials, honestly!! Step by step pictures are great when i wanna "follow you", and videos do teach me a thing or two about application techniques!! Keep them coming girl!! :D

=MiyUki= said...

nice tutorial!

KayKamaL said...

nice!!!!

Askmewhats said...

oh wow Connie dear, this is such a pretty combination! i love this!

Connie De Alwis said...

eli: Thank you! That was the idea and I'm glad it came through :)

leslie: Aww, thanks :)

eliza: It looks ore vibrant in real life though! But you can always tone it down for day

puss: It is! It's one of my favorite MAC shadow color. Very pigmented and easy to blend too. any thoughts on where to go for holiday?

Connie De Alwis said...

emotion: Thank you :)

Jenn: *hugs* you're too kind! I had loads of practice! I wish I was born with a makeup brush in my hand. But then, learning's always fun.

I figured that both would be good too but it'd depend on wether I have time to squeeze them in since I do these tutorials when I'm going out and I'm always late! hehe

Miss.iu: Thanks :) I'm using I Nuovi foundation brush

Miyuki: Thank You :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Kay and Nikki: Thanks girls! :)

gio said...

wow, this look is amazing! Electric Eel is such a beautiful color!

fuzkittie said...

That blue is GORGEOUS on you! So great for your skin tone~ :D

晶晶 said...

really love your eyes here!

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: Indeed it is! Thanks :D

Fuz: Thank you :) Love love teal

*I can't read chinese*: Thanks :)

makeupmag said...

Electric Eel is an old friend...nice to see it here on you! :)

Chloevien said...

So pretty!!!! -You really inspire me to try new look and colors:) Btw, I like your step by step tutorial better, your pictures and explanations are really easy to follow, even for make up dummy like me *lol* Thank you Connie *wink*

Anonymous said...

where did you get your contacts from they are beautiful ?

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy