Skin Deco

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Tutorial: Bali

The theme for our most recent blogger/bunch-o-zany-ladies (as dear Bee so eloquently put it in her post) meet was Bali and quite naturally, I had to do a Bali-inspired look for the night's outing. I love how this look turned out and it's one of the simplest looks ever to do, I promise! It doesn't seem like much when you go along the tutorial but once the whole look pulls together, it becomes a fast and foolproof makeup for evenings.

Read on for it! We need more bananas!

Not bad eh? :D I didn't have enough time to do a complete video tutorial so I'll explain the face routine a little here. Since my neck and shoulders looked a little pale, I blended the foundation leftover from my brush over them. The cheeks are BAM-ed! with a wee bit of bronzer, warm blush and some gold highlight.

Items Used:

Face:
Monistat Chafing Gel
RMK Liquid Foundation #104
Revlon Skinlights Liquid Illuminizer in Peach Light
I Nuovi Undercover Concealer in 4Y
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance

Cheeks:
MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden
e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer (Blush only)
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in New Vegas

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Eye Color in Radiant Graphite
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
NYX Eyeshadow in Hot Orange
MAC Eyeshadow in Rare Specimen
MAC Eyeshadow in Faintly Fleur
MAC Fluidlin in Blacktrack
Dior Pencil Liner in Black
Maybelline Turbo Boost Mascara
Half lashes (some random Taiwan-made lashes)
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
e.l.f. Brow Kit in Light
GEO Nudy Golden Blue Lens

Lips:
RMK Gloss Lips in #28 Silver Pink Beige


Let's begin!

After prepping lid with a shadow primer, pat on shimmer taupe brown shadow (Radiant Graphite) up to the crease. Apply highlight color (Ricepaper) on the rest of the lid. Then, using a fluffy crease brush, blend orange (Hot Orange) above the taupe brown. Darken the outer edge with a burgundy-toned dark brown (Rare Specimen), using a round crease brush.

Place the dark brown (Rare Specimen) on half of the lower lash line and the orange on the other half. Blend the orange into the dark brown. After that, highlight the inner corner of the eye using a frosty pink shadow (Faintly Fleur). The first highlight color would work too. Complete the eye makeup look by waterling with black pencil, lining the upper lash line with black gel liner, applying mascara and finally, fixing on the half lashes.

You should get something like this...

Hope you liked this look! I meant to do a full video tutorial but I lost track of time and didn't wanna be late for the meet! Don't worry, there'll be more to come :)


15 comments:

kimoko said...

And I'll be heading over to Bali in 48hours! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

*PS: You're looking gorgeous here! ;)

chaborkia said...

LOVE that glow Connie! saw the pics at Beetrice's blog, looks like so much fun! :D

fuzkittie said...

SO pretty!! Totally dazzled my eyes, hehehe. That RMK gloss looks really really good on you!! Sexy.

Connie De Alwis said...

Kimoko: Thanks, sweets. Hope you'll be able to see this sunset in Bali! Have a good trip :D

Ya Hui: Glow's my thing ;) We had a blast! Crazy crazy blast... Hmm....

Fuz: Hee. Thank you! I just did a bunch of swatches for the RMK glosses but yet to post them up. #28 is one of my favorite colors

*You Lite Up My Life* said...

woW so nice!!! the GEO contact lenses look great on you with the matching false lashes, good color selection :)

Chloevien said...

Sexy + pretty:)I realize once again, contact lenses do really make some looks even more beautiful and those corner lashes, just wow Connie:) I miss Bali.... My last holiday in Indonesia was 10 years ago *sigh*. Aih... kangen:(

Hayley said...

nice! the next summer tutorial, can it be Redang perhaps? hehe.

prettybeautiful said...

i recognized this look! :P

and hey my friend the other night said u got really hot lippppie!

Connie De Alwis said...

Vivian: Thank you :)

Chloevien: Thanks! I've never been to Indonesia but it's in "the plan". It's so cheap to fly there now but I just never got to getting my passport done. :-/

Hayley: Thank you. It's in consideration but no promises :)

Pretty: Hehe. It's the pale lips! Gets them every time!

Pretty:

Askmewhats said...

amazing! i really get amazed with your eyes! so pretty with contacts :)

Jenn said...

I LOVE this look girl!! Not sure if it's only me but i thought you looked like Rihanna especially the eyes!! :D

i love the gloss too!! so pretty!! :D

Towards healthy and leisure life~! said...

Bali is definitely a nice place to go for vacation! I like the beach... I enjoy the dive in Bali either.

gio said...

I love this look, it's so pretty and sexy! The contacts look great on you!

e.motion in motion said...

Ooo pretty! The lashes look great (:

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: I <3 my contacts. thanks!

Jenn: you dunno meh? I'm a Rihanna wannabe but tak jadi jadi :p Thanks, love

Towards...: I wish I was there! The beach is the only place to savor the heat.

Gio: Thank you! :D

e.motion: Thanks :) I was a little undecided bout the lashes but it turned out alright

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy