Skin Deco

Friday, May 29, 2009

DIY: Sheet Masks

I recently came across this tablet-mask thingy which is basically a dry and very compacted piece of cotton mask. Apparently, when soaked in a toner or a treatment in watery form, the pill will expand and become your very own homemade sheet mask! Cool, isn't it?

Read on for more details and the transformation pictures...

First, I placed the tablet into a little container. Then, I gradually pour in the Shu Uemura Deepsea Moisture Replenishing Lotion. Look at that thing expanding! You will need about 10ml of fluid to soak up the entire mask.

So, what's the big deal? Basically, now you have the freedom to make any sort of mask that you want! If you're looking for whitening, you can use whitening toners (eg. RMK Skintuner Fruit) or if you want anti-acne perhaps you can try a toner with salycilic acid (eg. Clinique Clarifying Lotion)? Heck, if you wanna make an SK-II Miracle Water mask, you can too. The possibilites are only limited by the type of toners that you can get your hands on.

You can find these tablet-masks in Daiso and SaSa. They're quite cheap -- RM9.90 for 15 pieces from SaSa, which is the one I'm using.

Boo!!
(I'm in my towel, you perverts!) :p


14 comments:

eliza said...

LOL sorry to say this
but the last pic is funny XD
the mask size is big o.O

Jenn said...

This is a great idea!!! But i abit heartpain to use my lotions like that!! hahaha :D

ooohhhhh, somebody's nekkid!! XD

Connie De Alwis said...

eliza: I look like I'm about to bash someone up. Lol. Yeah, the size is kinda big but since the cotton is very clingy, it can easily be fitted :)

Jenn: You ham sapppp!!! I edited post already :p
Can use cheaper toners also la. I like to mask with Simple Soothing Toner. Very comfortable

Purple Strawberry ♥ said...

LOL~ I use this method too! And the tablets are relatively cheap. I find it's a great way to get moisture back in my skin. =)

Agnes said...

i use to play with these tablets thing!! its just fun to see it expand :D :D... i reckon not very useful for toner that has alcohol in it? =x..

KayKamaL said...

other than toners wat else are to be used/can b used?

pic so Q..huhu

MiN said...

lol..
i found this at lowyat at rm4 for 10pcs..
i thought it was a weird thing..
but its a mask..
haha...

HaNNa_HuLLaBaLoo said...

LOL what a freakin' funny pic there with you n the mask. ;) a good idea though for my thirsty skin yet empty wallet.

prettybeautiful.net said...

ok connie...u r going to be so so so so so so so so so famous soon :P moreeeeee skin pllls! hehehe. anyway i bought those sheet mask too. but have not used it yet, coz heart pain to soak with SKII or some other exp stuff. lol. so i dont know wat to do with them, yet.

Hayley said...

wow cool! one small tablet can actually expand so much huh..
i'm very eager to try it! does it has names/brand?

Connie De Alwis said...

Purple Strawberry: And I get to use my fave moisture toners too, which is great!

Agnes: HAHA!! That was what I did when I came across it the first time, and didn't exactly know the point of it :p you're right, too much alcohol would probably sting O_O

Kay: other than toners ah... apple juice? :p well, it absorbs anything that's watery enough. I think if you happened to have green tea and wanna make green tea mask, you could! Now I'm curious. hahaha

Min: yup, they should be cheaper on lowyat.net :) but not sure of the quality la.

Connie De Alwis said...

Hanna: I know I'll be getting more of them mask tablets :)

Pretty: I wasn't nekkiddd!! :p use with cheaper toners lor. hehe. or like I suggested to Kay, apple juice! :D or you make lemon honey juice put on your face see what happens :p I think there are a lot of DIY toner recipes around.

Hayley: very cool indeed! Eh... brand ah? I think these are just generic stuff but mine's called Arezia or something like that.

fuzkittie said...

LOL! I was wondering if you were wearing towel.. but even if you weren't it doesn't really matter. Hahaha.

Fabuless Beauty said...

That's pretty awesome.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy