Skin Deco

Monday, May 25, 2009

Connie's Beauty Profile

Inspired by the So Loverly girls, I figured it'd be useful to have my very own Beauty Profile floating around my blog for reference.

Age: 23
Skin Type: Combination Dry. Sensitive and eczema-prone. Only oily on nose after 5 hours. Occasional breakouts pre and during menstruation
Main Problems: Eczema, allergic reactions, beakouts on dry areas ie. cheeks and forehead, fine lines on forehead, eye bags, uneven skintone around chin
No-no Ingredients: High content of... petrolatum, beeswax, alcohol. But it all depends on the quality of the ingredients as well.
HG Ingredients: Salicylic acid, jojoba oil, shea butter, dimethicone, tea extract, hyaluronic acid

Read on for more!

The following products are the ones that I'm currently using in my regime. It may change from time to time.

Last Updated: 22 April 2010

Skincare


Cleanser: Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil, Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
Scrub: The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask, MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator
Mask: Origins You're Getting Warmer (deep cleansing), Various sheet masks (hydrating), Clarins Hydraquench Cream-Mask
Serum (Day): Perricone MD Cold Plasma, Perricone MD High Potency Amine Complex Face Lift
Serum (Night): Perricone MD Cold Plasma, Beautymaker Skin Repair Wakening Gel
Treatment (for eczema): Ointment prescribed by doctor
Treatment (for skin discoloration):
Treatment (for pimples): 3M Nexcare Acne Patch
Eye Treatment: None
Toner (Day): Madara Deep Comfort Toner
Toner (Night): Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
Moisturizer (Day): Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream, A'Kin Emergency Gel, Skin MD Natural Lotion
Moisturizer (Night): Shu Uemura Phyto Black Lift Renewing Night Cream, Madara Regenerating Night Cream, Origins Youthtopia Cream (weekend)
Sunscreen: RMK Face Protector, Sunplay Skin Aqua Moisture Gel, Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense, and Shu Uemura UV Under Base Fluid (light/no makeup days)

Colours

Foundation:
Blush: Peach, bronze, golden
Eyeshadow: Gold, green, teal, red-brown, yellow, orange
Lip: Nude, flesh-toned, brown, peach

Read beauty profiles of Kahani, Syen and Eli.

14 comments:

plue said...

lol. maybe i shud do one too? :P

Jenn said...

I've been toying with the idea of creating my own profile too!! The So Loverly girls must be glad to be so "inspiring" to us!! hehehe!! :D

prettybeautiful said...

i tot their idea is great also. i also want to copy cat!!!

e.motion in motion said...

Great idea! I want to make one too hehe.

rinnah said...

I wish I could do a beauty profile but I don't know half of what I am! As in all those numbers/tones/colors. LOL!

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: Do la :D

Jenn: You should! It's useful info. Now I hope nobody would ask me how a product controls oil cuz seriously, I wouldn't know! I have barely any oil being produced in the first place!

Pretty: I think this has become a tag!

e.motion: Do it! :D

rinnah: Just gotta search into your stash for the foundation colors ;)

fuzkittie said...

We have really similar skin problems, hahaha.

Tine said...

I'm going to do this too :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Fuz: It's no wonder I can relate to your reviews!

Tine: Saw it! ;)

Brwneyedgrl08 said...

A really great foundation is the Aqua Elements Breathable collection from Lauren Hutton. It covers nicely, and has a very natural look. I've recently switched to this from Bare Minerals, thought I would share.

Anonymous said...

Hi are u from SMKTM last time? I think I know u :)

Sarah Helfgott said...

I used your Beauty Profile as a model for mine on my beauty blog. But don't worry, I gave you credit :)

Your blog is great! I'm a huge beauty product freak myself, and I love to read about other people's similar beauty experiences. You're blog's layout is awsome and easy to navagate. You're content is very accessable. I'm a big fan! Hopefully someday I can establish the sort of readership that you have!

XO,
Sarah Helfgott
If you're interested, my blog is http://www.theconfessionsofaproductjunkie.com

Anonymous said...

love your blog..how come you never write about my brand?? Aunt Sue

Connie De Alwis said...

Got write... Just not a lot. Sponsor me then I write more :p Kidding!!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy