Skin Deco

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Review: Lavender Lovin'

Here's another random Connie fact for ya: I love lavender. From the scent to the color to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Did you know that the I Nuovi Cheek Blush smells of lavender? Yeah, I think I forgot to mention that. My glycerin spray smells of lavender too. Joining my lavender gang is the Beauty Diary Provence Lavender Mask and Watsons Lavender Revitalising Body Scrub.

Read on for the reviews.

In true Lipglosseater style! This is for you, Jenn.

Funky looking picture aside, see how well the sheet mask fits. Some sheet masks tend to be very stiff and not adhere to the skin properly but this one's really soft. I like the scent, of course, and upon application, my skin felt immediately soothed. The mask dries within 15 minutes or so. You'll know when it dries because the sides will start peel off the face. After the mask, skin feels really smooth, soft and awaken.

I do like this a lot more than many sheets masks that I've tried. The most important factor is that it doesn't leave any rubbery residues on my face when I rub it. The Shu Uemura whitening mask does and I'm so put off by that, I'm not reviewing it. Even if my skin glowed, I hate those rubbery stuff.

I'll be ordering more of this mask. They have all sorts! Check out the table (click to enlarge):

They available at Guardian and Watsons but quite pricey. I think 2 or 3 pcs for RM16.90? something like that. Alternatively, you can get them from Lowyat.net for RM3 each. Just do a search, there'll be loads of people selling them.

Next up in the lavender clan is the Watsons Lavender Revitalizing Body Scrub. I'm not eager when it comes to body products but since the skin on my shin has been awfully scaley lately, I figured that I'd need a body scrub to slough off those ugly fish scales. I picked this up because it was cheap, it was sugar based (I'm scared of salt based scrubs) and it contains lavender oil.

The lavender scent was very pleasant and not too overbearing. Check out the sugar! It's fine and thick like a sorbet. Since the sugar's so compacted, only about a tablespoon full is required for the whole of one leg and a teaspoon full for an arm. With so little product needed per usage, this huge tub will last pretty long!

As the scrub is gently massaged onto wet skin, the oil will start to emulsify and look like lotion. The sugar will dissolve as you scrub so when the sugar has completely dissolved, you'll know you're done scrubbing. After rinsing off, my skin felt super soft and smooth. I love how my skin felt moisturized but not sticky.

I really wish I had taken a before and after picture. I honestly didn't think that the product has made such a difference but it did. My fish scales look a lot less visible now but I do have a few more sessions to go. Excellent product and the price is unbeatable. RM15.90 at Watsons. Go get one now!



11 comments:

fuzkittie said...

I love lavender for skin too! :]

Jenn said...

hehehe... you did the mask pic for me!! I'm so honoured!! hehehe!! :D You make a darn cute alien too!! :D :D

Ahhh Beauty Diary masks... i regret not picking up a few to try out when i was back!! i've heard so many good things about them!! And oh, i'll definintely try out the watsons scrub when i'm back!! Since its cheap and good!! :D

LyNn said...

i was looking for a good body scrub.
elyn recommended watsons in house brand honey scrub.
but i cant seem to find it anywhere.
maybe i should try this out.

but whats the difference between salt and sugar scrubs?

im hoping scrubbing would help my scars fade faster. hmm

Connie De Alwis said...

Fuz: Truly great stuff!

Jenn: See I loves yous sos muchs. When you coming back when you coming back when you coming back....??? I hope the Watsons scrub is still in stock when you're back! they always change their in house line

Lynn: I think the honey range has been discontinued. I remember buying a honey body butter for like 5 bucks only.

sugar dissolves faster than salt making it less abrasive. I personally don't like salt because it dries out my skin.

心。葵 @ plue said...

lol! i got too many mask. not buying anymore! :P

and the bodyscrub looks good! me likey the garnier one, but hm, i wanna give this a try!

thanks for the review! me likey the mask photo. lol.

prettybeautiful said...

omg im loving the beauty diary mask too! i bought a whopping 30 pcs!!! (for my sis and mom too) hehehehe.

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: I know how some people can go loco over sheet masks! hehe. I quite like the garnier body lotion

petty: 30! that's a lot! but I know some people buy in the hundreds even

SlowBroGaL said...

Yeah!! I love Beauty Diary Mask too!!!!!
Lavender is one of my favourite apart of Natto and yogurt!!
*Recently bought about 60pcs of it*

Traclyn Yeoh said...

I'm using the lavender scrub too. will review it too!

#ChRiS# said...

The body scrub now on promo, get 2nd pc at RM1 only...Don't miss it, i just got mine today...!!!

KayKamaL said...

ouh,cool..i am searching for a body scrub..mine's finishing quite soon..tx!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy