Skin Deco

Thursday, April 30, 2009

16 MAC Eyeshadow Swatches

Unfortunately, I didn't go out and buy 16 MAC eyeshadows but I did manage to come close to these so I thought I'd do some swatches. Some are permanent and some limited edition, which I will state together with the color description and my thoughts if I have any.

Enjoy the swatches and hope you'll find them useful. Read on for the rest!

Creme De Violet (Frost): Vivid pinkish-violet flecked with gold shimmer. It's apparently not as chunky as compared to most frost colors instead it's slightly chalky. Possible dupe -- 88 Color Palette in H4

Beauty Marked (Velvet): A deep blackened red with a sparkle/twilight effect. One of my favorite colors, it doesn't seem much when swatched or worn alone but when blended, it's black with a whole new twist. Possible dupe -- I Nuovi D27 in Velvet or NYX Trio in Lake Moss

Pink Freeze (Frost): Bright pink with icy metallic shimmer. A little powdery for a frost but it's a good thing.

Swish (Frost): Soft bright pink with icy metallic shimmer. Very creamy texture and gives a more metallic sheen.

Juxt (Satin): Bright green with golden shimmer. I wouldn't say that it's bright. Quite a cool green despite the golden shimmer and not as bright. Possible Dupe -- 88 Color Palette in C1

Swimming (Lustre): A scintillating sea green. Good color pay off and blends quite nicely.

Mythology (Frost): Crowning copper. Super metallic and not chunky at all. Looks like molten copper when applied. Beautiful!

Juiced (Lustre - LE): Muted golden orange flecked with pink shimmer. Lovely true OJ color but a tad too chalky.


Nylon (Frost): Pale gold with icy metallic shimmer. Chunky!

White Frost (Frost): Vivid bright white with icy shimmer. Less chunky.

Digit (Satin): Soft pale violet with subtle shimmer. It really should've been a frost. Can barely see the violet with the overbearing frost.

Dream (Satin - LE?): Can't find the shade description. Powder matte with average color pay off. Possible Dupe -- 88 Color Palette in F1

Brill (Satin -- Discon): Can't find the shade description. I don't usually like cool blues but this one looks great and blends great without being too shimmery. What a shame!

Krisp (Satin - LE?): Soft muted silver with opalescent shimmer. Gritty...

Sprout (Frost -LE?): Can't find the shade description. Crappy color pay off.

Fade (Satin - LE?): Can't find the shade description. Powdery.

Well, I guess this comes to show that not all MAC eyeshadows are amazing. I love the color variety though!

Without flash

With flash


4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah i agree that not all MAC eyeshadows have good textures!! I only like their frosts and Veluxe Pearls... the most of the rest are yuck!

Eh, my Nylon applies pretty smoothly!! But maybe thats because mine came in a palette so the formulation might be different! But yours hit the pan already!! :D

Askmewhats said...

yes! I don't like all MAC e/s, some are useless to be honest :) Thanks for the lovely swatches :)

Emperor Penguin said...

hihi, :) fortunately there is a dupe by Hotpots, Coastalscents for the discontinued Brill, which is S02.

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: But some of the colors are so gorgeous and undupe-able! Ricepaper is a color that I will definitely repurchase. I can't find any highlight color that can satisfy me quite like it can and believe me, I've been searching!

They're not my shadows! I think Nylon is just too frosty for my personal liking. It wouldn't work as a highlight color for me anyway.

Nikki: Welcome! Yes! some are plain rubbish!

Emperor: yeah, I know! But I still haven't decide whether or not to get it since it's not a color that I use often. even if it's pretty! I'm still building my hot pots list. hehe.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy