Skin Deco

Monday, March 23, 2009

Review: NYX Single Eyeshadows

By the time I've uploaded all the pictures of my new NYX single eyeshadows that I got from Nikki, I just realized that I've never done a review on my Golden NYX shadow (as seen in Chicken Golden Blue) and I've had that for over a year!

Granted, I did not take any pictures of Golden so in this post I'll just be featuring the three new ones. The colors that I've received are Daisy, Hot Orange and Deep Brown.

Read on for the review and swatches.

NYX is definitely THE budget brand for large color selections and quality products -- Lipsticks, lipglosses, eyeshadow pencils, blush, eyeshadows. They have over a hundred shades of eyeshadows and many of them are dupes of more expensive brands, like MAC. In fact, Golden is supposedly a dupe for MAC Amber Lights (picture taken from Lily's blog).

These eyeshadows are super pigmented and they pack on well. The shimmer shades have appropriate amount of shimmer and the matte shades don't go blotchy. NYX eyeshadows not only have a huge variety of shades but also textures just like how MAC has Lustre, Veluxe Pearl, Satin, Frost, etc. The packaging is also very MAC-like with a little window on the lid so that you can see the actual color of the shadow.

Daisy: Packed with golden shimmer, this soft yellow shade has a slightly more powdery texture and doesn't give too much color. I don't like it so much as a lid colors since it's not intense enough but it's great for highlight. If there was less shimmer, it'd be a perfect highlight shade.

Hot Orange: This super fluorescent orange has a few specks of glitter and is insanely vibrant. I've read that it's a dupe for MAC Fab and Flashy from the C Shock collection (see swatch here) but it's a lot more intense.

Deep Brown: I use this shade the most because it's matte and works great for the crease. The deep brown has a hint of maroon in it which compliments asian skin tones well. It's also suitable to fill in eyebrows with. Known as a dupe for MAC Brown Down and from the picture, I'm pretty convinced. What do you think?







I'm looking into getting more colors from NYX and at $3.50USD each @ Cherryculture, they make only very light dents on the wallet.
Malaysian readers, sgdrugstore often do sprees for Cherryculture and Nonpareil Boutique

4 comments:

Askmewhats said...

I'm sure they all work for you!!! Great post on the dupes! You are right, for the price, you can't go wrong :) :) :)

Jenn said...

Argh... i want NYX!! I wanna buy the eyeshadows and the mosaic blushes and the round lipsticks and the glosses!! Everything seems so nice and cheap ya!! >.<

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: I hope to get more dupe colors from NYX. they have loads!

Jenn: the mosaic blush was a miss for me but I LOVE the lipsticks and glosses.

Cris said...

I plan on doing a swap for NYX stuff, and this convinced me that it's a good idea ;). Thanks for the review :D.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy