Skin Deco

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Review: Nexcare Acne Patch by 3M

I love picking zits. The sight of that menacing yellow fluid oozing out of my skin (or anyone else’s skin) excites me. The immense satisfaction is eventually dampened by scars that are almost impossible to get rid off.

Nexcare Acne Patch by 3M promises to “suck out” impurities from pimples without leaving a scar. With nothing much left to lose (pimple scars everywhere!), I decided to try this highly-raved product with a 7-pc pack and I got the 36-pc the very week after. Goodbye scars, I won’t miss you but I’ll definitely miss popping pimples.

Read on to see how effective it is! Warning: Gross pictures ahead

The acne patches are small round gelatin thingies which are actually the mini version of a medical dressing with 3M Tegasorb which is used in hospitals to absorb wound pus. The idea came about when some nurses in Taiwan cut the dressing into smaller pieces to place on their acne.

Stuck between two plastic sheets in a sterile packet, the gelatin patches come in two sizes. They’re available in either 7s, 14s or 36s -- I hope I remembered the info correctly!

To use the patch, peel it off from the plastic film and apply the sticky side directly on your zit. Make sure you’ve cleaned your skin but have not applied any treatment products or moisturizer (it can’t stick on oily surfaces). If the patch is too big for your zit, you can cut the patch into half.

Although you can use this in the day, I prefer using this at night since I wear makeup in the morning. Despite the fact that the packaging says you can apply makeup over the patch, please don’t because it looks friggin ugly.

In the morning, peel off the patch and you should see some cloudy white stuff on the patch – that’s your pus! Your zit should be gone depending on the size and condition. If you can still see some pus remaining on the zit, stick on another patch so that it can suck out the rest of the icky stuff.The patch also creates a barrier between the zit and itchy fingers so there’s no direct contact to cause worse infections. Awesome for people who LOVE to touch their zits -- me.

I can honestly say that my pimple conditions have a lot ever since I started the patch. Now I just need to find a solution for eczema *groans*

Read Kahani's (So Loverly) take on this product

Become a fan of the Nexcare Acne Patch on Facebook!

The patch works on several kinds of zits:


Headless Pimple: These are terribly painful red zits where the pus is not visible. They are incredibly difficult to squeeze out. The patch helps to bring the zit to the surface until it becomes a Gooey Pimple.

Gooey Pimple: These are the most tempting to squeeze because they’re huge with loads of pus! Incredibly disgusting looking and causes craters. Take a clean needle and gently prick the surface of the pimple. This will help the pus to come out easier for the patch to absorb. A few patches may be needed to get everything out.

Grain Pimple: The “head” of the pimple has already hardened and the impurities usually just pop out when squeezed. The patch is not able to absorb the hardened pimple but it does suck out the leftover pus and bring the “grain” further up to the surface. When the zit has fully bulged out, a very gentle squeeze will get it out. If you’re finding difficulty to pop the “grain” out, continue with another patch.

Tiny Pimple: These mini versions of the Gooey Pimple are the easiest to remove with the patch. If you have one, just stick a patch on it and the pimple will be gone the very next day like it hasn’t been there at all.

I'm still fuzzy about the prices but it's about RM4.70 for the 7-pc pack, RM12.90 for the 36-pc pack... and I have no idea about the 11-pc pack. I'll go check later and update. Available at Watsons, Guardian and several other pharmacies.

30 comments:

心。葵 @ plue said...

oooh! me love this thing! works really well! :D and no more worrying of scars if i accidentally scratch my zits!

fuzkittie said...

Wow I need to get me some of those in case I get pimples before a big event or something!!! Thanks for the detailed review~

sE_vIxEn said...

nice one Connie. :D i tried this patch too but my pimples aren't just pimples... they're tiny little bumps all over my skin and i have several cystic acne which i'm desperately trying to heal. sigh.

Jenn said...

Ahhh... this is on my to-review list too!! This really works!! My forehead is now bump free!! How i wished i discovered this earlier!! :D

~ turquoise ~ said...

need to get this one too

Vivien said...

wow, this thing is so cool, thanks for reviewing.

Audrie said...

omg I need to get some of these!! I wonder if they sell it in the U.S.??

@DdY said...

oh wow!these really works?found these that day but wondered if it really work..seems like a good go! :D

Leen L. said...

Love your blog! I wish this were available in the US!

Leslie Yang said...

"Despite the fact that the packaging says you can apply makeup over the patch, please don’t because it looks friggin ugly."

LOL!

Acne warrior said...

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), applied topically, is beneficial for reducing Acne, skin hyper-pigmentation (acne scars), increasing skin moisture and reducing fine wrinkles. Scientists at NY University College of Medicine have shown that Niacinamide is superior to antibiotics such as Clindamycin in controlling acne.
Try “Niapads” (it contains Niacinamide) for controlling your acne. It’s Simple for Pimple(C). One step process provides exfoliation, skin lightening, pore cleansing and prevention of acne.
Visit Niapads website for details.

Cyndi said...

I love this too! It helps to those gooey pimples real fast compared to applying pimples solutions lol. Guess that the best thing to do is to get the pus out to heal a pimple.

prettybeautiful said...

ahhhh been wanting to try this out! but ever since i bought it, have not grown any pimples! damn. only the stupid white/black heads.

Agnes said...

OMG I WANT!! how to get this T___T i am so far away from Malaysia!!!

prettybeautiful said...

ok...speaking of the devil, one pimple just popped out at the side of my hair line! great...

thegroup said...

OMG i sooo want this! too bad i live in the US and thats no where to be found. :[

nea said...

another in-depth review - they should hire u as their spokesperson.

gotta pick this next time i go to a pharmacy.. :D

thanks for the great review once again :)

Chan said...

One step process provides exfoliation, skin lightening, pore cleansing and prevention of acne.

Thanks for the kind review!

|| Lyññ || said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
|| Lyññ || said...

I finally visited the pharmacy today there were 3 packets left! One 36 and two packs of the 18 pcs left... haha... and there was a sale so I think I got the 14 pcs one for RM4 (plus a few cents... can't remember)=)

Can't wait to try them on later... lol... the pamphlet says it can be used on blackheads but I think I'll need a whole more than those small dots... haha... I have open pores on my nose so I think they should come out with pore-strip shaped ones...

reader said...

tesco is selling cheaper at rm10.90 (if i am not mistaken) XD

much cheaper than watsons and gurdian

wanfilzahruzamil said...

yaaa ..let's go to tesco then... ...
i want this tooo!!

짐지인 said...

sorry for asking..
but i need to confirm..
are make up really can apply on this patch??
maximum how long can i stick this??

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm the marketer for this product. For your info, I'm running a campaign for Nexcare Acne Patch start from Nov 6 - 30. All you need to do is just log on to www.nexcare-acnepatch.com/contest.php and share with us your experience with the Acne Patch. show us some of the photo and stand a chance to win some great prize. =)

nancy said...

i love the acne patch too! been using it for YEARS. great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi just wantd to let u guys kno if u cant find this 'acne patch' u can ask ur local chemist/pharmacy for hydrocolloid dressings (eg.tegasorb, comfeel plus etc). Its the same thing. Only difference is u just need to cut it urself from a large square (which is better in a way cos u can control how big a patch u need). Im a nurse n yeah i get sum spare ones from work :).

Anonymous said...

wish 3M produce acne patch like U shape n T shape..coz easy 4 me who hav pimples all over da face...hehe

Anonymous said...

It works well for me :) I did recommend this to some of my friends. But however, it doesn't work for everyone. A tip from me, try to just poke your pimple where the pore is, using the needle of a pimple extractor before you stick the patch on. Try it, it is more effective.

Ixia said...

is it available in Kedah?

Anonymous said...

I want some!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy