Skin Deco

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Review: Makeup Masala Gel Liner

I picked this up shortly after I saw Toma's swatches of her Makeup Masala Gel Liners and it was on sale! Seeing how I have three too many BLACK gel liners, I ordered one in dark brown called Cocoa.

With so much resemblance to MAC Fluidline in size and packaging, how does this liner compare to my all-time favorite?

Read on for the comparisons...

The Makeup Masala Gel Liner is exactly the same size and shape as the MAC Fluidline. Look, they can even exchange lids!
Cocoa is a very dark chocolate color that is great for daytime use or to be paired with earth-toned eyeshadows. The liner is more creamy and feels just as smooth as MAC Fluidline.

From the swatches, you can see that Makeup Masala Gel Liner "sticks" on the skin a little better compared to the MAC Fluidline. Indeed, this liner has great staying power and doesn't flake off easily. It also has the potential to be an excellent Fluidline dupe if it wasn't for two things -- 1) it dries slower 2) it isn't as oil-resistant compared to Fluidline.

MAC almost never smudges on me and I can wear it the whole day without seeing it printed on my lids. That's the assurance I get with the Fluidline. However, the Makeup Masala Gel Liner have a tendency to smudge when it comes in contact with even slight oiliness.

Overall, this is a great liner at a very reasonable price. So, it isn't quite MAC Fluidline but those with not-so-oily lids can pull this off without any problems.

Makeup Masala Gel Liner goes for $9USD at The Makeup Mix Shop. Available in 5 colors: Cocoa, Fiona, Inky Black, Ms. Indigo, and Sugar Plum.

5 comments:

prettybeautiful said...

*sigh* *double sigh* *triple sight*

I tried the CS gel liner with primer, smudged, then with the coating, smudged, then primer+liner+coating=smudged.

SIGH.

now, yet to experiment with powder and eyeshadow

Connie De Alwis said...

*pats* Don't worry. you'll eventually find something that works for you

LyNn said...

connie,
do you prefer mm or cs?
and how much did you pay for mm?

Connie De Alwis said...

I'd say MM

The prices are stated very clearly on the website. 9 USD. I've also mentioned the price at the end of the post. Please convert USD to RM using xe.com to get the price in RM. I paid in USD with credit card so the RM conversion will have to depend on the currency exchange.

Trinie said...

Hey.. I just got the Makeup Masala Gel Liner in Inky Black and I've ordered one bottle extra. Anyone interested please leave me a message @ triniebct@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy