Skin Deco

Friday, March 27, 2009

Look + Review: Green Moss

You can't blame me for wanting to camwhore since I've hidden my face for so long. However, to make this post a little more meaningful, I'd like to go into detail about my new favorite product which I've used for this look -- e.l.f. Studio Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Green/Moss. I previously got Black/Smoke but it wasn't the kind of shade that I'd wear often (silver-ish). Green/Moss turned out to be more beautiful than the color shown on the website and it's probably the only cream eyeshadow that I'd wear (and have worn!) without any additional eyeshadow. It's just perfect like that.

Read on for the swatch, mini-review and full description of items used.

Items Used:

Benefit Dr. Feelgood
All About Face Liquid Foundation
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder n Luminance
e.l.f. Studio Blush and Bronzer Compact
Beauticontrol Color Control Creme
e.l.f. Studio Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Green/Moss
Stila Eyeshadow Pan in Sage
MAC Pigment in Off the Radar
MAC Eyeshadow in Meadow
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Dior Eyeliner Crayon in Black
Maybelline 5x Volum Express Mascara
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Daiso Auto Eyebrow Pencil
e.l.f. Studio Brow Kit
Daiso Lasting Rouge in K
NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Natural


One end is the eyeshadow and the other is the liner. The eyeshadow part is absolutely smudgeproof and although the liner isn't as good, it has slightly better staying power than the Black liner.

A gorgeous mossy green with ancient gold flecks. Cheap stuff hardly look this good! The liner is a more olive shade with less shimmer.

I tried using only Moss with a sweep of MAC eyeshadow in Zone and no other eyeshadow base (OMG! No UDPP!). After 12 hours, the creasing was bearable which is a whole lot better than any other cream eyeshadows I've tried using as a base. Oh, with the exception of MAC Paint.

Oooh... look what's new from e.l.f. Studio... reminds me of [this] except five times cheaper.

e.l.f. Studio $3USD products are available from http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio or sgdrugstore sprees (Malaysian Residents).

15 comments:

Emperor Penguin said...

how pretty :D I am so lemming for the eyeliner now...
hopefully Elf becomes Merchant of the Month soon, hehe. XD

Aleksis said...

Wow this color is so pretty!

fuzkittie said...

Pretty greeen! Did your mom use the anti-aging line? Did she try the cellular white line from Suisse Programme?

LyNn said...

wow
looks simple and nice.
have you bought the elf curler?
is it really good?
:)

Amelia said...

do a review on dr feel good pls!! XD

Askmewhats said...

wonderful review! :) Thanks for showing your eye photo after several hours! :)

心。葵 @ plue said...

you look pretty with the green! :)

miss u ler!

prettybeautiful said...

wah the color can stay for so long! jeles jeles. hate my lids

kahani said...

I bought this! It is indeed awesome. =D

Connie De Alwis said...

Fuz: I think I'm more into anti-aging products than my mom is! I've seen Suisse in Sasa but never tried. I've been using Shu Uemura Phyto Black lift which is working very very well for me. Review should be up soon.

Lynn: Nah, I didn't buy it. I just happened to see it. I don't think I'll try it though. I can't even figure out how to use the Shu mini curler. :-/

Jenn said...

Wow! The lasting power of this is pretty decent!!

You look pretty, as always!! Please continue posting pictures of yourself so that i can ogle at ya! hahaha!! :D

gio said...

wow, this color is beautiful! Thanks for the review.

jojoba said...

lovely FOTD. the eye colour suits you very well.

sE_vIxEn said...

thanks for your advice on the phone Connie, you're so sweet! :)

i will never need to buy eyeshadows no more with the palette! hope that'll keep the bf's mouth full. XD

... after he's done scolding me. T.T

yahui~
www.chaborkia.com

makeupmag said...

A very pretty green. It looks like it would make a wonderful base for many greens and greys.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy