Skin Deco

Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring Look: Marshmallows

Y'all know that I'm not uberly psyched about this spring's colorful pastels (love colors, hate pastels) but I think this look turned out to be quite alright. I quite like it. What do you think?

No particular inspiration. I just wanted test out my new Daiso eyeshadow palette (will show soon) which has this friggin gorgeous, yet pigmented, shimmery teal blue. I also tried using Anastasia Brow Powder Duo sample, given to me by Jen. It shaded in my brows softly yet with definition and that's not a good thing because I'm tempted. For the time being, USD22 is just way too much for me to spend on eyebrow powder.

Read on for close-ups and description of items used.

The colors look more appealing in real life. Bleh.

Items Used:

Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie (finishing...)
RMK Creamy Foundation #103
Revlon Skinlights in Peach Light
e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer
Chacott Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance
Everyday Minerals Blush in Opening Day
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light Flush (cheek highlight)
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Stila Eyeshadow in Champagne (lid)
Sweetscents Mineral Pigment in Chameleon (crease)
Daiso Jewel Eyecolor Palette - Blue (outer crease + wing)
Origins Eyeshadow in Glistening Granite (outer crease)
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Gold 91 (highlight)
MAC Creme Liner in Black
MAX Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette
NYX Round Lipstick in Cream
RMK Gloss Lips in 32 Neutral Beige



20 comments:

Erny said...

I love your fotds...they never fail to amaze me!

Traclyn Yeoh said...

look really nice. a hint of pink and turquoise really perk up the spring theme...

Gwen said...

Hey connie! I think this is a great monring/school look, it's looks really fresh. I think it will help open up tired eyes too. It's also easy to do for makeup amateurs like me XD. By the way, i love your eyebrows! I went to the waxing salon in one utama to get mine tweezed but it still looked really uneven, so i was wondering where did you do yours? And could you pos up a tutorial for applying eyebrow powder? I always either put too little or too much, it looks really weird. I will really appreaciate that. Anyways Thanks for sharing you FOTD, hoping to see more soon. Once again sorry for the loh-soh post again >__<;; all my post are all very long. EEK gotta stop typing.

Alex. said...

Loooves this. (:

fuzkittie said...

SUPER pretty, I love the combo of colors and the blending you did... amazing! :]

gio said...

Love this! It's so pretty and the blending is amazing!

jojoba said...

so youthful and pretty!!! the colours look like my Clarins spring palette. you did well!

ps: I know you don't entertain 88 palette issue but I just want to let you know that your blog got me lemming it and I finally got one coming in few weeks' time. :)

Connie said...

Erny: Aww, thanks! That's sweet :)

Traclyn: The "pink" is actually red that's been blended to look pink. lol. As simple as it looks, this look took LOADS of blending to get the color that soft.

Gwen: Yep. it looks refreshing even after long hours. Don't mean to burst your bubble but it's slightly more difficult that it looks. But then again, it was probably cuz I was just going along with the look and didn't really expect the outcome.

My latest brows were done at Shu Uemura. I've been meaning to make a how-to for brows, liner and mascara but I'm yet to do it. Still looking for the right opportunity

Alex: Thanks :)

Connie said...

Fuz: Thanks :) I like how the colors turned out too

Gio: Thanks, sweets. Blending was hell!

Jojoba: Thanks :D Hope you'll love your palette as much as I love mine

Askmewhats said...

Sweetie, super lovely looK! And Can I say? Your hair is growing!!! Wow so fast! :) I love how cool you look! you'll be the "cool/hip chick!" :D

Kate said...

Hey Connie, I just started reading your blog a month or so ago. Loving this look! So soft and pretty.

ohmypetticoat said...

Hi Connie! This is by far one of your best look yet. Will you be doing a tutorial?

prettybeautiful said...

love your look and i am so so envy :( i wish i knew how to scribble my eye properly :( or paint some make up on face.

[ miss hazel ] said...

this look is so pretty!!!

lol..ur MM skin lingerie is finishing dy..I bought one after reading ur review on it and I'd only use twice.......hahaha!

pIGgy said...

Love it! :) your eyebrows are great!

Connie said...

Nikki: Hee hee. Thanks! Yep! It's getting pretty long. I can even tie it up now.

Kate: Thanks :) Hope to see more of you

ohmypetticoat: I'm flattered! Thank you :) I'll try to do a tutorial but no promises that I'll get it done exactly. The look was somewhat accidental (happens) and the blending played a big role in getting look more than the eyeshadow colors itself.

Connie said...

Pretty: Thank you.. practice la. Sure can

Hazel: Thanks :) That's because I use the MJ skin lingerie everytime I use foundation which is about 5 days a week. lol

Piggy: Thanks :)

Alex. said...

Gosh Connie you make everything look so simple and effortless lol.

Tine said...

I agree with the rest, you really make these looks look effortless. But then again practice practice practice, eh? :)

I really like how you do the wings on the corners of your eyes. I can't seem to get mine right :(

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

omg. ur hair is gorgeous!!! i miss reading your posts... :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy