Skin Deco

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Post V-Day Report

Valentine's Day for 2009 is done and over with. I must say, that this year's 'celebration' has gone pretty well without having to spend a bomb. The V-day elements were all there; the date, the flowers, the surprise, friends and, family.

As it turns out, you really don't need to spend 200 bucks on a crappy buffet dinner (2007 @ Nikko Hotel) to be happy on Valentine's Day.

What did you do for Valentine's?

Read on for more pictures and the FOTD for the night.

While the boy was out spending buddy time, Mei Mei (Andrew's sis) and I had our little quality time. She dragged me to see some Taiwanese pop star *groans* where I was surrounded by hundreds of screeching teenagers with pulsating pimples for almost 2 hours. The things your do for those your love. Apparently you can't have your own CDs/notebooks to be autographed and you'd need to purchase 3 CDs to take a picture with the singer *rolls eyes*.

We had a mini home spa treatment too by masking our arms and legs with the Biossentials Coffee Scrub. (My leg looks like a lotus root)

And watched Mythbusters

After pestering me about what I got him for V-day and making a hoo-ha when he found out I got him nothing (seriously, what do you get for a dude? I just accumulate the presents and get a good one at one go), he popped my gift from the back of the couch. I've been dropping hints for weeks! Ok, I did expect it so it wasn't exactly a surprise but at least he didn't just shove it in front of my face and said, "There you go". I don't usually fancy movie tie-in covers but for Gerard Butler, I'll make an exception. Hot men in their forties.... *drools* The movie and the book were quite different and both have their own appeals. I was disappointed by the book's ending though *sighs*

Romantic dim-light dinner... at the end of the street... literally. Walking distance. Yeah, we walked.

Orange Juice: RM2.50, Lamb Chop (top): RM9.90, Sirloin Steak (bottom): RM14.90. Cheap but yummy, k?

Next on our night's agenda was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button at Cineleisure Mutiara Damansara -- Courtesy of MySimplifieds.Com
Awesome movie and yet again, hot men in their forties. Brad Pitt's forty-five... old enough to be my father and yummy enough to grab in all the wrong places. Hui Xin and I literally squeled when His Hotness appeared as his hottest self on screen as Benjamin.

A very pleasant surprise from MySimplifieds.Com as well! So pweeetee.....!! See that cute blue watering can with a chocolate amongst the roses? That was from Prettybeautiful. Thanks, dearie!

We then adjourned to The Sanctuary Club, joining some friends that were already there.

The club is a place where singles find new love on V-day... Sorta...

FOTD: Miami Sunset
I wanted a simple smokey eyes that's copper-ish.


Items Used:

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #5.5 + La Mer Treatment Cream Foundation in Honey
Missha Perfect Concealer
La Mer Loos Powder in Translucent
The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Cheek Color in Warm Copper
Silk Naturals Mineral Glow in Cupid
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Trio in Rust/Copper/Bronze (the middle color)
MAC Eyeshadow in Zone
MAC Eyeshadow in Concrete
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAX Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
Auto Eyebrow Pencil from Daiso
RMK Lipstick C in Gold Brown
RMK Lipgloss in Shiny Sheer Gold

5 comments:

KayKamaL said...

i read the book..then watched the movie..okay...

normally it only takes me 4-5 hours to finish a good book..but this one took me 3 days (straight days,mind u) cz i had 2 stop every chapter cz my eyes stings from all the tears..(yes,im a crybaby)..n i loved the book so much..

so wat happened was..i dloaded the movie on torrent (pardon me,im a pirate..who's not anyway?hikz) n i was SUPER dissapointed w the movie,i deleted it halfway watching (eventho it took me a week 2 dload!--> too lil seeders,aih~)

so,yeah..mayb ill remmber to not read the book ver 1st b4 watching the movie..so far most dissapoint me (mayb except for harry potter 1 n twilight..ngee~)

KayKamaL said...

ouh,n btw...please2 do watch slumdog millionaire..(since its benjamin button's oscar rival..)

for sumone who lived in india for sumtime(i meant myself)..i cn say dat d depiction of poverty and hardships in tis movie is disturbingly accurate...

u really are stepping into their shoes by watching this..idea is fresh..i like the back n forth story telling style..

it is a must-watch..seriously..n tell me wat u thk ok!~

Connie said...

I've come to accept that many book-based movies are simply that. "based". I loved some scenes from the movie (eg. how Holly and Gerry met) that weren't in the book and vice versa. And the movies are meant to be different from the book since there were drastic changes to the characters and script. Even Benjamin Button was a lot different than the original short story but that doesn't stop it from being a great movie. Harry Potter on the other hand, was totally rubbish because they had every intention to be true to the book and the not-quite-there outcome just wasn't appealing.

Thanks for the movie suggestion. Gosh, I go to the movies so infrequently that I need to catch up.

prettybeautiful said...

^5 to hot men in 40's omg!!!!
but that benjamin was a realllllly long movie, i was hoping for him to die faster. LOL. damn, must be the aging thing going in me, can barely stay awake past 12!

Tine said...

I haven't watched the movie, but I cried when I read the book. It was an expected ending, even though it was sad.

Gerard Butler, hot dang!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy