Skin Deco

Monday, January 26, 2009

Reviews: More From e.l.f. USD1 Range


From my previous e.l.f. spree, I've also picked up three other products from the USD1 range:
  • Shielding Hydro-Tint SPF 15 in Tone 2
  • Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed
  • Dramatic Lash Kit
So far, I'm happy with all three products. I've also included a mini-tutorial on applying falsies.

Read on for it.


First of all, the tube is pretty tiny. Tinier than any other tinted moisturizers that you may come across. However, I take it as a plus for travelling purposes. The squeeze tube with the sharp nozzle gives good control to the amount of product needed. The formula is lightweight and easy to blend. It doesn't give much coverage at all but it does give the skin a pleasant glow. I usually mix this with my Missha BB Cream (which is fairer) to darken the shade. Overall, great if you just want a hint of color on the skin.

I now have all three of the Healthy Glow powders! [read reviews of the other two here] Of course, my favorite is still Luminance because it's just perfect for that extra all over glow. Sun Kissed is very golden with pinkish undertones. It looks a lot like MAC Pigment in Melon except a tad more golden. It gives a very pretty golden sheen to the cheeks but it doesn't look as natural as Luminance. I've also used this as an eyeshadow and it works very well.

I couldn't resist getting these lashes because they looked so 'real'. Each lash is different from each other which makes them look so natural compared to those plastic lashes. They're soft and easy to put on. My only gripe would be the white lash band. You'd definitely have to go over it with a liner. I color in the white band with black liquid liner before I place the lashes. The glue, I never really bothered to try actually.


  1. Before you stick on false lashes, draw a thin line with liquid/gel liner. This will act as a guide so that you'll know where to place the lashes. Also, the line will look neater compared to lining after applying the lashes.
  2. Next, measure the length of the lashes and cut to fit the length of your eye. The lashes shouldn't be sticking too much towards the inner corner of the eye. When it comes to cutting, Some say cut the inner part some say cut the outer part. I can't decide so I cut both sides. But the inner section should always have shorter lashes.
  3. Apply glue on the lash band with a little more on the two sides. Wait around 30-60 seconds (depending on the glue) for the glue to dry slightly.
  4. Place the middle section of the lash band on the middle lash line.
  5. Push in the two sides of the lashes and press the lash band together with the roots of your own lashes.
  6. While waiting for the glue to dry completely, brush the lashes with your finger, pushing them upwards.
  7. After the glue has completely dried, you can then curl the lashes with an eyelash curler and apply one or two coats of mascara for an even more natural look.


11 comments:

prettybeautiful said...

lurve this tutorial :) clear and easy to understand. any recommendations of falsies for first-timers? *blush*

jojoba said...

i so need to venture out to false lashes!!! so darn lazy me and such chicken shit too.

you look fab as always!

Askmewhats said...

ooohhh your eyes are sooo pretty! I can't help staring at them!!!! :) Thanks for the tut :)

pIGgy said...

wowww.. i like the false eyelashes..
thanks for the sharing =)

gio said...

love the false lashes, thanks for the tutorial.

pinkyping said...

i like the tutorial! will try it out soon hahha always wanted to try out falsies but everyone say it take damn long hahaha

Alex. said...

I absolutely love the eye shadow combination you're wearing. Care to share what you used? :)

Connie said...

Pretty: Glad it helped! Those plastic lashes from Chamelon are good practice because they're stiff enough but they won't look as natural and have the edges tend to lift up. You can try those taiwan handmade lashes.

Jojoba: I couldn't be bothered with falsies on normal days. only when I feel a little more vain!

Nikki: welcome :D *stares back* O_O

Piggy: Welcome :)

Connie said...

Gio: Welcome :)

Pinkyping: I'm still not very good with falsies but after a few practices, I'm getting the hang of it!

Alex: I will soon! I actually have a few more posts coming up featuring the items used for the look.

Faye Prettyhead said...

Aw am glad to hear some good things about ELF products, I would like to try some but all I ever read is bad review but I think I am going to go for it now!

natural lashes said...

Aw am glad to hear some good things about ELF products, I would like to try some but all I ever read is bad review but I think I am going to go for it now!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy