Skin Deco

Sunday, January 25, 2009

FOTD: Flame On Water + NYX Trio Swatches

For the ~H2O+ event, I took the opportunity to break in my new NYX Trio Eyeshadow in Copper/Rust/Bronze. I have been hunting for the right cranberry shade and this palette was it! The look was inspired by this tutorial by Suzy aka macNC40 on YouTube. Once again, "Inspired". Not "Replicated". The blue liner on the lower lash line was done using Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Blue and dabbed over with Sweetscents Pigment in Peacock.

Read on for a close-up on the eyes, description of items used and swatches for the trio. Man, I look oily. *ugh*


Items Used:

Missha BB Cream
e.l.f. Hydo-Tint
e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
Ellefar Blush in Beige from Daiso
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Stiletto
NYX Eyeshadow in Copper from the Trio Copper/Rust/Bronze (although I'm think the color's more "Rust")
MAC Pigment in Off The Radar
MAC Pigment in Dark Soul (itsy bit on the outer corner)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Blue
Sweetscents Mineral Pigment in Peacock
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Black
High Curling Mascara from Daiso
Auto Eyebrow Pencil from Daiso
NYX Round Lipstick in B52
Origins Once Upon a Shine Lip Gloss in Sheer Peach


Copper/Rust/Bronze is my second Trio. My first was Lake Moss and I wasn't really appreciating it until recently that I found out it worked very well for smoking according to colors. Three MAC pan-sized eyeshadows in a sleek compact.

There's a mirror on the compact together with a sponge-tipped applicator. The eyeshadows are gorgeous! Such vibrant colors that are impeccably easy to blend. Great staying power and wonderfully pigmented. Love love love!


6 comments:

Askmewhats said...

I honestly love your hair Connie! You look so hawt!!!!!

And that's a lovely version of the NYX trio! Love it!!!

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Connie said...

Thanks, sweetie. :)

yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting other NYX Trios as well. Great product for such great value.
Happy CNY to you too!

jojoba said...

your new hair suits you a lot better!

i tried some NYX trios before but they are hit and misses. this trio looks way better than some! and it's just right for CNY!!!

you look so fresh and hot at the same time!

Connie said...

Jojoba: Thanks :) I've heard that not all the trios are good so I do get somewhat skeptical when I buy them. Which is why looking at other people's swatches is important! :D

I was pretty hot though! I took the pic in the shopping mall's toilet and was still panting from walking! :P

pinkyping said...

oh man.. now you make me wanna get the Trio! It looks awesome on you. :)If you don't mind, where did you get the trio eh? the swatches look gorgeous!

Connie said...

PinkyPing: I got the trio from cherryculture.com. you can also get it through sprees -- sgdrugstore.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy