Skin Deco

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dupe Alert! by e.l.f. Studio

Out of all the other e.l.f. Studio products, this was quite the interesting one: Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder aka Spitting Image of NARS Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna. Here's a closer look of the NARS Duo -- you be the judge of it.

I've even done a comparison swatch with NARS Super Orgasm just to be sure (Thank you, Prettybeautiful for loaning me your Super Orgasm!)

Read on for the review and swatches. A must-have from the e.l.f. Studio line!

The packaging is very NARS-like with the matte black rubbery casing although slightly smoother. The duo is pretty huge. One of the pan is about the size of the original size of the NARS Blush so lots of product in there. But, according to the Sephora website, the NARS Duo is 0.35 oz while the e.l.f. Duo (according to the box) is 0.14 oz. Quite a difference in weight but trust me, this Duo is still big enough.

Opened up, there's the full sized mirror which is excellent. I totally resent tiny barely-functional mirrors. No brush provided which is fine by me since I don't usually use the brushes that come with palettes. There's the protective plastic sheet -- just like NARS has. You can see closer pics of the NARS Super Orgasm [here].

From the comparison, NARS Super Orgasm is slightly more orange and of course, it has bigger golden flecks which makes it different from the original NARS Orgasm. The e.l.f. blush should resemble more of NARS Orgasm. The color is very very close (as in the difference would be practically unnnoticeable on the face) with the same golden sheen. As for the Laguna, I don't have a comparison swatch but according to the color description "sheer light brown shimmer", it's pretty much spot on. Both shades are equally pigmented.

The texture of the powder is fine but doesn't fly everywhere. It applies beautifully and blends well. I'm know I'll be using a lot of the blush but probably not too much of the bronzer. It's a tad too brown for me and I'm not sure if it'll work for contouring since it has shimmer. Eh, I'll find a way to put it to good use.

I can be seen wearing the blush from this duo [here].
If you're looking for another NARS Orgasm blush dupe, try Milani Blush in Luminous.
More reviews of e.l.f. Studio products [here].

By the way, the e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder is USD3 as with the rest of the e.l.f. Studio line.
The NARS Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo is USD37



13 comments:

Snow falling said...

yayyyy!!~~ Thanks for reviewing this product. ^^ HAd been lusting after this since I saw it on Elf Website. lol.

Tine said...

Thanks for bringing that palette that day. I was tres impressed at how similar it was to NARS! And a whole lot cheaper too :)

Connie said...

Snow: You're welcome! Hope you'll like it too :)

Tine: No probs! Actually I just wanted to compare with the NARS. lol. Really a whole lot cheaper!

Askmewhats said...

I will definitely Check ELF for this! thanks!

Agnes said...

ahhh I WANT THIS.. but most of all i needed a bronzer T___T...

if its too brown + shimmery... might not be a good choice?

wat say you T__T

btw, where did u get this ^^

gio said...

Thanks for the review. It does look very similar to Nars. I'll have to check this out.

prettybeautiful said...

*sigh sigh sigh*

wasted my $25!!!!

*bangs head to the wall

Connie said...

Nikki: Welcome!

Agnes: Get it... lol! Actually to give depth it still works la. But I like it more as an all over face bake. Like on the the T-zone just to give that slightly burnt look. Very natural. It's 18 bucks la. Just get! I got it via sgdrugstore.

Gio: Welcome! I wish I could see the NARS one in real life to check how similar it is.

Pretty: Not wasted la. If I am willing enough to spend I'll still get NARS Orgasm. Now I can't afford it la but when I can I will!

Agnes said...

T________T ok lo... am gonna try get it before i go VERY EXTREMELY broke T___T

Shirlyn said...

hi Connie, may I know how can order elf products?

Connie said...

Agnes: Poison... poison... heheheh

Shirlyn: http://skindeco.blogspot.com/2009/01/seller-review-sgdrugstore-from.html

hope this helps.

Elaine said...

I have been considering getting one of these and from reading your review I think I will!! Thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

Um wouldn't it only equal 6 since there's less then half as much product? still a bargain but only 6.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy