Skin Deco

Saturday, January 31, 2009

CNY FOTD: Pastels Hate Me

This Spring 2009 makeup trend is all about *wait for it* pastel colors. Major forehead smacker there. I'm definitely a big fan of colorful makeup but why must it be pastels? I thought of giving them a chance on Chinese New Year but they disappointed horribly *sighs*. I'm still in the process of trying to make them work for me but I'm very very close to giving up. At the rate I'm going, I'd rather go for neutrals instead.

I'm only showing this looks because I've used some first-time products: Elianto BB Cream (mom's), Elianto Cream Concealer (mom's), Silk Naturals Blush and Avon Lipgloss. Reviews soon! Man, I have too many reviews to do.

Read on for description of items used and close-up picture.

Items Used:

Elianto Miracle White Multiplex BB Cream
Elianto Cream Concealer in Medium
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
Silk Naturals Sheer Blush in Enchanting
Urban Decay Primer Potion
88 Color Palette (B2, B1, E2, J8)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
Coastalscents Gel Liner in Indigo Blue
MAX Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
NYX Round Lipstick in Creamy Beige
Avon Lipgloss in Rose Petal
Auto Eyebrow Pencil from Daiso

11 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I have the same problem with pastels...Asian, NC25, yellow undertone. I stick to jewel tones, because pastel shades make me look ill!

I think you'd look lovely in a dark lilac or navy blue--please give it a try!

Askmewhats said...

I still think you look LOVELY!!! I guess it has to do with your lovely skin and your hair!!!! :D

jojoba said...

i agree with you. you look way better with darker and brighter eye shadows. I have the same problem too. This is why I dislike Asian brand eye shadows in general.

Jenn said...

I agree with Nikki!! I still think that you look lovely!!

I have the same problem as you do!! Pastels make me look like i'm severely water retentive... not a good look at all!! >.<

ning * star said...

you look very lovely in those shade..

best regards <3

evynoppie said...

I agree with the others. It does look lovely. However, darker and brighter colors do give your eyes more definition.
I also look sick in pastel colors. I did make the mistake of buying pastel e/s a few times, because they look lovely in the pans and on the (white) models.

Connie said...

Jamilla: dark lilac and navy blue definitely sound like lovely colors! Thanks for the suggestion. I can't wait to give those colors a try

Nikki: Thanks deary. You're so sweet :)

Jojoba: I think Asian brand eyeshadows also tend to look hyperly shimmery. That's not always a good thing either.

Jenn: Thanks babe. Lol! water retentive. I get what you mean. hehe

Connie said...

ning: Thanks :)

evynoppie: I still love my smokey looks. gah.. I know what you mean! they always look so pretty in the pan and then look completely blah on me

gio said...

I agree that you look better in darker and brighter products, but I think you still look pretty.

Tine said...

Eh nice lah the pastels on you. A refreshing change :)

Connie said...

Gio: Awh, thanks :)

Tine: In pictures still ok la but in real life my eyes looked so swollen... T_T

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy