Skin Deco

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Shu Uemura Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh


Cleansing oils are almost always associated with Shu Uemura even though there are like so many other options out there -- that's a pretty big deal. However, being the cheapo that I am, I won't pay so much for a cleansing oil because there's always a cheaper alternative and mine would be from Missha.

Recently I've been using a sample bottle of the Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (That's a pretty long name!) and I still haven't gotten through the whole 5ml bottle yet! I also have the Classic one which I'm yet to use once I run out of the Fresh one.

Read on for the review

The fact that I still have about 1/4 of a bottle left shows that only a little more than a 20 cents coin size is sufficient for the whole face. So, even though this cleansing oil is a little pricey, a bottle should be able to last you for quite some time.

I've been using several brands of cleansing oils and I must say that this is definitely one of the better one that I've used. The oil is quite light in texture and gives a slight tingling sensation to the skin (but not as minty as RMK's cleansing oil). When it emulsifies, it gets all the foundation out quite effectively without much residue left which means it does cleanse very well. The product claims to lightly exfoliate the skin with Cherry Extract for smoother, brighter and more refined skin. I agree with "smoother" but not so much "brighter" if compared with La Mer's Cleansing Fluid, which is still my favorite as far as pricey cleansing oils go.

This cleansing oil is ideal for those who have oily and acne-prone skin so I won't be complaining that it doesn't feel as moisturizing as I'd like it. However, it doesn't cause the skin to feel taut either. Perhaps the Classic one would work better for my skin type. As for the Sakura fragrance... I haven't really noticed it so I guess it's not really distinct.

Overall, I do think that this is a very good product and if you can afford it, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'd prefer to try a few types of the cleansing oil first (they have six types) before I settle on a specific one and pay RM99 (150ml) for it. It's also available in 450ml for RM260.

10 comments:

心。葵 @ plue said...

wee! i have these in sample packs too!

i don't mind forking out actually, if it works and is good for my skin :P

tee hee~ and pink looks nice! :D

Askmewhats said...

I have finished the big bottle of the 1960 Cleansing oil (original one) and half way done with the big bottle too for the Green One. I prefer the Green one due to it's anti-aging property lol and it works for me! :) True, there are some cheaper alternatives out there, you just have to patiently try :) :) :) Thanks for the review on the pink one, I won't purchase this as I need the moisturizing property!

Jenn said...

I always thought that the Shu cleansing oils are very expensive, but after reading that it's only RM9 more expensive than the MAC one (which is GREAT btw!!), i MAY try this out someday! :D

I'll probably go for either the green tea one or the enriched one because my skin's kinda dry nowadays! :D

MisSmall said...

I've gone through quite a few bottles of this and still loving it! I alternate it with the classic sometimes, just for variety's sake. Personally, they both work the same and I can't really tell the difference. But neither of them broke me out, so I'm not complaining. :D

Tine said...

I would like to try this some day, since it's so very popular amongst cleansing oils. The price, not so good. I've been using Kanebo's Freshel C cleansing oil for a couple of years now, and it's fantastic :)

prettybeautiful said...

i have tried this out once only, not long enough for me to experience the greatness yet. lol. currently i am using dermalogica's pre-cleanse. it does quite a good job and i still have one more new bottle of that. so, i guess i will still be sticking to it for quite some time

Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

I love Shu Uemura's cleansing oils, but sadly they contain mineral oil :( So it breaks out my skin and my 150ml Classic is only 1/4 used. Might try Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse though!

Soho500 said...

Hey there,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Great Blog!! I personally loved your pics .... Must admit you have a great sense of style. Keep up the good work.
PS: I have initiated an idea to create a fashion and style blogroll where bloggers from the jewelry, fashion, style and beauty could participate.
All you need to do is to add my blog link to your blog and i'll do the same.
That way, we could have a mutual partnership and we could refer visitors to each other's blog.
Please let me know if you would be interested.

Thanks!
Barbara and Ellen
The Gals at SoHo
http://sohoaccessories.blogspot.com

Connie said...

Plue: You tried your samples yet?

Nikki: I've just ordered a trial size for the green one and I hope that'd work for me better than the pink one. Thanks for the positive feedback :D

Jenn: I've always though Shu cleansing oils to be expensive too. even now! :p Even if I do get a full sized one someday I'll most probably alternate it with a cheaper cleansing oil so it won't finish so fast.

Missmall: good to know that the product is working for you! I'm really trying to get through this tiny bottle so that I can get to trying to trying the classic one. (sidenote: my turtle's moving around a lot. I think he's hungry)

Connie said...

Tine: I've never really put much thought into Kanebo's skin care before. I shall keep my eyes peeled for it!

Pretty: Yeah, better finish what you have first. If not you'll just end up with many different brands of the same thing.

Stephanie: Owh, too bad it breaks you out!

Soho: Thanks for stopping by :)Please e-mail me for further contact.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy