Skin Deco

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Part One: Good Tidings for Christmas

The past week has been quite hectic for me! At least to the point of pulling me away from my beloved lappie. We started our Christmas celebrations with a class party on Christmas Eve as proposed by Mr. Goh. We did a little potluck and I brought my specialty -- pasta with white cream sauce. It's just too bad that half of the class didn't participate and missed out on the yummy food. The tutorial was as usual but we were barely paying attention since the tutor was wearing a Santa hat and the cheese tarts that he brought were distracting us. Although the party only lasted for an hour and a half, we managed to finish up all the food, get some decent pictures and score some *coughs*... Oh! and my packages from sprees as well as my prize from Paris' giveaway arrived!

For my Christmas Eve look, I curled my hair and went for a green and purple look with golden shimmers. The golden shimmers are from my Kate Gel Liner in GD-1, used as a base before applying eyeshadow over it. It's a pretty cool trick to add subtle shimmers to your look so do try it if you have this liner! If you don't have it, I highly recommend it. They have it in silver as well which works the same.

Read on for description of items used and more pictures.

Items Used:

Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie
e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer
RMK Liquid Foundation in #104
Chacott Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance
The Body Shop Mineral Blush in Warm Copper
L'Oreal De Crease
Kate Gel Liner in GD-1
Sweetscents Pigments in Shamrock (lid), Orchids & Diamonds (crease), Vixen (outer-V), Emerald & Diamonds (lower lash line)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper (highlight)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Rimmel Glam' Eyes Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder
Origins Once Upon a Shine in Sheer Fig






11 comments:

yummy411 said...

happy holiday sweets lol looking at all of your sweets *drooling*

Askmewhats said...

I love your hair curled!!! i love it!!! You look so pretty!

xin said...

party with friends are def fun, whats more + tutor. lol. yr pasta looks yummy!

Connie said...

Kia: Happy holidays, dearie :D

Nikki: I kinda got addicted to my magic hair curler. hee hee hee. thanks!

xin: Wish the party could have been longer though! The pasta tasted yummy too. I thought it would be too much but turned out to be not enough :-/

Jenn said...

You look like Santa's hot helper with that makeup and outfit!! I love the hair and blush!!! hehe!!

Seeing your food pics make me crave for egg tarts!! >.< I wanna try your pasta someday!! hehehe!!

KayKamaL said...

post up ur pasta recipe!!! i wanna try so bad..huhu

^^ said...

did u curl dem using dose strawberries u show previously?ur results are gorgeous!

Connie said...

Jenn: I love the blush too!! Hehe. such a pretty color and made my cheeks glooooowww.... I can't wait to review them but I don't have enough time!! ahhh!!!

Kay: Haha. I don't have an exact recipe with measurements though. But I can post up the ingredients and procedure. Lol! goodness... become food blog d.

^^: yeah! I highly recommend them! They're so easy to use and comfortable too. Just roll roll roll, sleep and the next morning, bouncing curls!

cass said...

haven't been bloghopping for so long and now that im here i just have to say this...

YOUR BLENDING IS PHAT! BLOODY GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie,

Happy New Year!

Always wanted to ask you where did you get L'Oreal Decrease(sp?)? I can never find it anywhere in Msia.

Maxine

Connie said...

cass: missed ya! Thanks :D

Anonymous: It's not available in stores in Malaysia. I get mine from US cosmetic sprees. Look for the member 'sgdrugstore' at www.lowyat.net :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy