Skin Deco

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Great Things Happen When I'm Bored

I spent the past few hours watching YouTube videos when I'm supposed to be starting on a report that I have to hand in tomorrow 8:30 in the morning. *yikes!*

The itch to play with makeup has been annoying the hell outta me for quite some time now. Finally, here are two looks that I came up with tonight! All colors from the Manly 80-Color Palette just because I'm lazy to search for the other shadows.

No specific references for the looks or inspirations. Safe to say, these are original Connie's creations. Makes me sound like some big shot artist -- I-say-man.... (It's a Malaysian thing)

Read on to find out more about the creation process, colors used and more pictures.



The first look was totally impromptu. I started with the orange and then just gradually linked one color to another. We'll just call this Tie-Dyed, kay? I had loads of blending fun with the Coastalscents Sable Blending Brush and for the first time, I tried using gel eyeliner with an artist liner brush. Works! So, for anyone who is looking for a gel eyeliner brush, you can actually try the artist liner brush. Loads of sizes for you to choose from as well and CHEAP!

Colors used for this look were (Click for labels): 2-F4, 2-G2, 2-H3, 2-B4, 2-E3, 1-D2, 2-D1, 2-A2, 1-I1
Other Items: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Black, Clinique Lash Power Mascara

After that was done, I couldn't resist doing up the other eye as well. I wanted to work with black and yellow but as I got started on the yellow... this happened. I kept having "Bumblebee" in my mind but the end result was more "Egyptian Queen". What do you think? Which name suits it more?

Colors used for this look were (Click for labels): 1-E3, 1-E2, 2-J3, 1-J2, 1-J3
Other Items: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Black, Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara, Eyebrow Pencil (Black)

Good Night!
I need to go remove my makeup now

24 comments:

J said...

Very lovely colors you have there!! You blended everything together so nicely!! Yeah, the 2nd one definitely reminds me of an egyptian queen! Gotta love the wing on the lower lashline!!

I'm sooo jealous of your eyelining skills girl!! I can't draw a straight line to save my life! -___-

myystiqueen said...

hey... we're on the same boat... youtube vids are so addictive... i always end up finishing myy essays last minute... ^^

btw,, you're a great artist!!! i love both of them and find the second one to be better off with the theme 'Egyptian Queen'..... ^^

Connie said...

J: Thanks, dear. The lower lashline wing was done on a whim. I actually expected it to have a more insect-like feel and then it became even more "Egyptian" -_-

Lol! I used to horribly suck at lining, man. Just gotta practice a lot and a lot. Using gel eyeliner has improved my lining skill immensely since I learn how to control a brush.

Myystiqueen: I'm currently addicted to SarahVictor's videos. And here I am, waking up at 6am to do my report.
Thanks :) Two votes for Egyptian Queen eh?

myystiqueen said...

lol.... yea... same here.. i just woke up @ 6 AM to finish the exercises for the upcoming maths exam.... >.<

yea yea... SarahVictor is amazing...!! i'm recently addicted to MakeupbyTiffanyD and MissChievous ^^

心。葵 @ plue said...

hm... one eye egypt style, another tie dye?

LOL!

how's your eyes la? yesterday or the day before said got a bit more rashes?

Askmewhats said...

Can I name the 2nd look the QUEEN of Bumble bees? that is too cute and do you know that Black and Yellow combination is the "IN" thing now ? So you're right on track, great looks!

Funny! the word verification is :STINGSH <--- sting...bees..lol

KayKamaL said...

hw did u manage 2 get such good color pay-offs w d 88 pallette? or m i too makeup-stupid dat i cant get my yellow to even show! (help me!)

i love both ur looks~ n im reminded more of a bee thn of egypt wen i see ur yellow-black look,hee~

beetrice said...

i love the blue-pink-purple look - definitely the colours I'd pick to tie-die anything!

(my word verification was 'moiders'..hmmm..)

Lily said...

that's definitely an egyptian queen! <3

prettybeautiful said...

egyptian queen sounds better as it's more mysterious. lol.

yummy411 said...

i love both connie, but the black and gold is my fave!!!

iamsutil said...

love the colorS! nice work with the blending too!

Connie said...

Adelia: Last minute studying seems to work well, eh?

Tiffany is so sweet and Julia (Misschevious), I've loved her from Spektra.net

Plue: Now no more rash ma. But still kinda dry.

Nikki: That's a very clever name! :D Thanks for the suggestion. I think I got the color combination idea from MUFE.

Connie said...

Kay: I used the Manly 80-Color palette. Not the 88-color palette. The Manly palette has mostly shimmer colors. I use that when I want really intense colors and the 88 for more natural/wearable ones. The yellow from the 88 palette, you'll first need a really good base and it would even help if you have a yellow eyeshadow base. I'd recommend getting the Global Face Paint. cheap and super pigmented.

Bee: Thanks! :D So fun to work with the tie-dye look since there were so many colors.

Lily: Definitely has that Egyptian feel to it, doesn't it?

Connie said...

Pretty: I dunno when only I can wear that look out. I wanted to add more drama with black eyeshadow but the state that it's in now also dramatic enough d

Kia: Thanks!! :D I love the egyptian look alot too. I'd probably try to come up with a more wearable version of it. The colors seemed to have combined very well

iamsutil: thanks! Blending's so easy when the brush is right

gio said...

I love them both, esp the first one, it's so colourful! And great blending too!

Kimberly Tia said...

OooOo I have a "MAN"ly 80 palette too, you give me inspiration to play! I havent touched the dark thing since I got it...pfft

Anne @ yummiebitez.com said...

WOW! your blending is impecable! i really like the gold and black one.

Melissa said...

That eye makeup looks amazing. Great work!

Tine said...

My version is ... AISAY, man! :p
I gotta learn to line my eyes like yours. I still can't do it properly. Sigh :(

jace said...

hiiii connie!

it's cheezie - yes i am very much alive and kicking although i've been MIA for far too long :P

lovin' both looks on you as usual. and i love the shape of your brows in the second look! very egyptian inspired :)

Connie said...

Gio: Thanks! :D I went nuts with colors

Kim: That palette's so fun to play with because all the bright colors are in there and you just wanna play with them all!! go play!

Anne: Thanks! I'm really starting to dig the combo.

Melissa: Thank you :)

Tine: Lol! I don't even know what it means. We malaysians with our peculiar slang. Must practice leh. I still have problem trying to balance out the right eye with the left eye but I'm getting better. I think.

Jace: I've been wondering where you've been!! Missed you! Where did you go? >:( When you coming back to Malaysia?
I dig the brows too but it's much too harsh for going out the door

jojoba said...

beautiful!!! hey i'd love you to do my face!

Connie said...

Hehe. I'm flattered!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy