Skin Deco

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fall Tutorial: Last Leaf

The end of autumn is here with all those Winter Holiday collections popping up everywhere! I've never been much of a make-up trend follower but I did enjoy the fall looks very much which is weird since the colors were pretty neutral.

What I loved most from fall are the mahogany brown and reddish plum shades. Something about those colors give me the warm fuzzies. I didn't quite jump into the dark-plum-lips bandwagon though. Here's one last fall tutorial for you and if you've missed out on the previous fall looks, click click: Buttered Plum, Candied Apples, Cult of Cherry: Tempting, Golden Cranberry

So, what's in for the Holidays?

Hmm... I don't see much of a consistency going on there. But I'm totally feeling the glittery golds, glowy skin and taupe smokey eyes!

Read on for the tutorial. It's a pretty simple one.

Items Used:

Face
Garnier UV Protect (Purple)
RMK Creamy Foundation #103 + Moisturizer
Chacott Loose Powder
Everyday Minerals Blush in Walkee Talkee

Eyes
L'Oreal De Crease
Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadow in Stiletto (Thanks, Plue!)
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Penny
Sweetscents Pigments in Perfection and Blackstar Green
MAC Pigment in Provence
Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Endangered
Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Black
Rimmel Glam' Eyes Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder

Lips
NYX Round Lipstick in Cream

After prepping the lids with L'Oreal De Crease, apply Stiletto up to the crease with a small flat synthetic brush aka lip brush. With an eyeshadow brush, Pat on Penny over the Stiletto base.

Blend the harsh lines with the same eyeshadow brush. Apply Perfection into the crease with a fluffy crease brush. Apply highlight and blend well.

Line the upper lash line with Endangered. Smudge the remaining liner on the brush on 3/4 of the lower lash liner. Using a small brush, smudge Blackstar Green over the Endangered liner on the lower lash line and bring the green into the inner lash line. Finish off with mascara and fill in the brows.



18 comments:

Askmewhats said...

I love this look very natural yet super pretty

Connie said...

Thanks, Nikki :)Definitely natural enough for day. I was kinda worried that it'd be too strong but it turned out alright

Gracesue said...

Hi there, i knw this has ntg to do with ur post. But i wanna ask do they sell ELF products anywhere in KL, Malaysia?? How about Sasa? Since Sasa in singapore sell ELF product so i was wondering if KL does. Reply me at grace.sue@hotmail.com

J said...

This is a really lovely look!! I love how the green liner brings a contrast to the background colors!! I'll try to do this tomorrow!! :D

and oh, your lashes!! so lush and full!! me wants!!

Connie said...

Grace: Nope, ELF's not sold at retail outlets in Malaysia. It is only available through online orders/sprees. Do look up the member 'sgdrugstore' on lowyat.net
The USD1 products are sold at RM8 per product after conversion and shipping. But it should be higher now that the exchange rate has hiked up.

J: Thanks! Let me know how it turns out! I felt like I've been neglecting my green liner. Lol.
I have to thank Rimmel Glam Eyes for the lashes. I really do love that mascara. And my RMK curler too. Hee hee hee.

心。葵 @ plue said...

pretty! lovely for dinner! i always got problem with lining my lower lashes.

eye lining never my thing! :P

and me likey your lips!

so nice~~~

when we wan kai kai again ah? LOL. i looking at chacott colour ady! :P

Chian Li said...

i love the green liner :D

Connie said...

Plue: Thanks :) I usually just smudge the remaining of the liner on the brush. I'm glad the lipstick turned out alright with makeup on.

Ehh.... the boy wants me to go to MV on the 13th wor. He has a gathering and I'm not invited >.> SO I have to make my own plans.

Chian Li: :D

gio said...

This is a very pretty look! I love the green liner!

Connie said...

Thanks! I hope to get a dark shimmery green liner next. Green liners are pretty!

yummy411 said...

muy bonita!! i love your tuts!

心。葵 @ plue said...

adoi~ kesian girl. 13th ah~ MV hm... I shud be okay de~ hehe~

Connie said...

Kia: Thanks, babe!

Plue: Yay!! I want go play makeup. Keh keh keh. Hopefully I get my pay by then :(

Akonana99090 said...

hi Connie, i got your comment liao. thanks! i will be honoured. do proceed. :D

yahui the monolid gal
www.chaborkia.com

Gracesue said...

thanks dear..

Connie said...

Yahui: Thanks!

Grace: Welcome :)

KayKamaL said...

bea-you-tee-ful!

Connie said...

Thanks! :D

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy