Skin Deco

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day One At Make Up For Ever

I feel like a more serious makeup artist now although I'm not :D

Today was my first day working part time at Make Up For Ever. Finally, a more serious makeup brand! I had fun exploring all the different products there and already have a few favorites!
What I was quite disappointed with though is that I couldn't find a match for any of the foundations there. The texture of the renown HD Foundation is so beautiful as I've expected it to be but the shades were all too pink! The back of my hand looked like Miss Piggy's. It's not MUFE's fault though. They do have a wide selection of colors but in Malaysia, they are very limited. Only FOUR shades for the HD. They don't have any samples at the moment so I can't personally test it out on my face. Which means, no reviews for MUFE products for the time being.

I do have swatches for you though! So do enjoy the swatches for the Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil. They're amazing! Truly smudge, budge and water proof. I'll try getting more swatches of other products tomorrow :) I love the eyeshadows and Star Powder.


Read on for description of items used for my smokey gold look and the swatches for the MUFE Aqua Eyes. I'm heading to bed! Good night!

#01L - Star Black
#02L - Pearly Brown
#03L - Irridescent Navy Blue
#04L - Shimmering Plum
#05L - Bronze Green
#06L - Black with Purple Highlights
#07L - Turquoise
#12L - Blue with Green Highlights
#14L - White
#16L - Green
#19L - Light Brown

Items Used for Smokey Gold Look:

Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie
RMK Liquid Foundation in #104
e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer
Chacott Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance
Everyday Minerals Blush in Opening Day
MAC Paint in Stilife
MAC Fluidline in Uppity (as base)
Sweetscents Mineral Pigments in Flat Gold (lid), Hazelnut (crease), Sable Shimmer (outer crease), Midnight (outer V)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper (highlight)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Bloop Eyeliner Pencil
Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder
NYX Round Lipstick in Circe (not shown in pic)
MAC Lipglass in Florabundance (not shown in pic)

sorry I couldn't get more pictures of the look. I was running late for work!

17 comments:

jace said...

which counter do you work at? will def pop by to say hi when i'm home ;)

x

Connie said...

KLCC. I'm only working part time though so I'm not always there. Only if they need me.

Kimberly Tia said...

awww your sooo sweet girl , I enjoy reading your blog entries too, never disappoints, and I'm drooling over your NYX lippies below this entry! glad to have u as a friend in blogger world, stay Ga Ga GORGEOUS

Jenn said...

Congrats on your new job!! You look gorgeous my friend!! :D

I heard MUFE is now available in Peneang! *squeals* I'll definitely pop by to check out when i'm back! :)

Thanks for the swatches for the pencils!! The colors are beautiful, though some of the colors remind me of the Silkygirl ones! How much are these pencils selling for?

I was actually hoping for a dark brown one!! :( You know of any dark brown waterproof eye pencils?

Elizabeth said...

Mmm..I'm liking the Aqua Eyes eyeliners. Are they really smudge and budge proof? I'm thinking of getting them for the lower waterline..

Emily said...

Hi Connie, i'm currently looking for a blusher brush as i had bought a Majolica majorca blusher. Do u have any recommendations?

Emily said...

I read ur post on brushes however i still have no idea which to buy. Could u recommend smtg for a beginner?

Askmewhats said...

WOW!!! If I do work in a cosmetic counter, I'll go crazy!!!! LOL That's my ultimate dream job! if only I can work part time in ANY cosmetic counter! LOL

gio said...

Congratulations on your new job!

Thanks for the swatches, the colors are gorgeous!

prettybeautiful said...

yo sweetie, do a review on the eyeliner pls? :D i am still searching for an eyeliner for dummies..

Connie said...

Kimberly: I'm glad to have a blogger friend who supports what I do too! It's what motivates to keep on blogging (I have a reputation of now being able to keep up with blogs). *HUGS!*

Jenn: Thanks!Yakah? I didn't even know that! Lol. You can imagine how new I am to the brand! The aqua eyes are RM75 (OUCH!)and yeah, the colors look silkygirl-ish but I am not kidding, this thing STAYS

Elizabeth: Really really smudge proof. I didn't take it off til the next morning and the colors were still on. After scrubbing with my loofah also still got some marks. But it comes right off with a makeup remover :)

Emily: I would say just go for the EDM flat top brush or even the kabuki brush :) I prefer applying blush with a dense brush so that I can buff at the same time to avoid that pesky blush line.

Connie said...

Nikki: Lol! It is very fun to be able to play with makeup but the hard part is having to deal with customers and the long hours of standing. My feet burns :( It's quite a challenging job since it's so sales-based.

Gio: thanks! and you're welcome!

Pretty: I haven't try on my eyes yet wor except for on the water line. Just get a gel liner la :p No matter what I'll never use pencil liner as my primary liner ever again. I'm 100% gel liner convert.

Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

Congrats on the job! Hope to bump into you there one day ;)

jojoba said...

do you know i use a lot of MUFE??? I'd like to buy the products through you! :P i own practically almost all star powder, 10 diamond shadows and many more e/s and blushes. can you rec the company bringing in the Smokey Mascsara and HD Primer ASAP??? it is so slow here and i end up buying MUFE stuff from HK as it seems to me that i/DH go to HK more often than visiting KLCC!!!

congrats!!!

hey, your blog is very interesting and i am bookmarking it!

Connie said...

Stephanie: Thanks! Not so easy to bump into me there unless I tell that I'm working la. I'm not always there.

Jojoba: I do know! I follow your blog. hee hee. I only work there occasionally and I'm still very new to the brand. Their eyeshadows are really very pigmented. The Smokey Mascara will be coming in but I'm not sure about the HD Primer. Even the HD foundation has such limited shades. The Mat Velvet foundation seems to be more popular here :-/ But I do agree that the MUFE outlets here have a very very limited range. I was intrigued by the flash color pots but they don't have that either.

Thanks for bookmarking me!

prettybeautiful said...

hmmm hmmm hmmmmmmmm

is it hard to use a gel liner? :( is it hard for a dummy?

Connie said...

Pretty: Dummy should ever more so try gel liner. Trust me, I used to really suck at lining too but gel liner helped give me a lot of control. After much practice, my lining skills have improved!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy